Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October 2021 Surgeries?

On 10/13/2021 at 4:33 PM, DeeLee said:

Hello,

I just had full bypass on October 6th. I am a week post op and feeling very good, just very hungry at times. I am on Clear Liquids for 1 more week. I have moments where I'm so hungry my stomach growls. I am pushing through. I wish you all success and hope everyone is well!

This is me as well. I had VSG October 5th and I'm STARVING. It's not head hunger, either because I'm not exactly craving anything, and nothing even sounds appetizing to me. The problem with me is I'm lacking nutrients and Protein (dummy me ordered my supplies late). But apart from that, I barely even want Water, milk (lactose-free and fat-free) or broth. I sip them because I have to, but man...blegh. I knew the hunger would come back but I thought it'd be months after surgery, not days.

The liquid stage sucks. I'm definitely looking forward to starting purées next week.

Just made a BariatricPal Cream of chicken Soup (15gm protein) and it’s delicious! I needed something savory as I’m 7 days post op VSG and tired of the sweet flavors. I bought the variety pack of their Soups so I have 6 others flavors to try. I think it’s so satisfying because it also has 2gm fat. I haven’t tried the Unjury chicken soup, but it is highly rated (no fat and 21gm protein) Anyone tried both and can give a recommendation?

I added some unflavored Protein Powder to get it to 20+ gm of Protein. I know others are tired of the sweet flavors so wanted to share my experience. Feeling really good and pain is mostly gone. I have energy and plan to go back to work tomorrow - I work at home, so I can rest as needed.

Unjury chicken is good! Tastes like creamy chicken Top Ramen. In a good way. (But I havent tried the Bariatric Pal yet.)

Edited by GirlNextor

Surgery 10/28 so excited. Has anyone failed with pre-op liver shrinking diet???

I had the BPD-DS on October 6th. So far, so good. I think my weigh in on surgery date was 293. Today, I weighed in at 276.

It's hard for me to notice the physical changes because I feel like a bum and have been wearing lounge clothes. I thought I noticed some changes in my jawline this AM but not sure.

I am struggling to stay interested in the week 2 diet. I think I'm getting between 48 oz and 64 oz of liquids.

On 9/23/2021 at 6:30 PM, Blurain said:

Hi! I just signed up with Bariatric Pal, so I'm unsure how this works! I am not tech savvy! My surgery will probably be scheduled for October or November. I have fulfilled my six month insurance requirements and have gotten approved! That is, if I don't back out of having it! I've worked so hard getting here, but now I'm unsure and dealing with some other personal issues that may affect my decision! I go back and forth with it every day! I'm 65 years old and have been obese for about 20 years now, so I still remember what it is like to be thin and miss myself! But now, it is more for health reasons that I must do this surgery or lose weight on my own! I was 259 when I first signed up for program. Now I am 229 after 6 months on diet.I did great the first three months, but it gets harder because I do not like vegetables and I do not like to cook, so I am not eating as well as I should. This high Protein, low carb diet is supposed to be for life, so I'm worried about sticking to it! I'm more scared about complications after surgery than I am the surgery, although I don't like the idea of that either! Im questionsing why I'm getting this done, since I did lose some without it. Will it really make it easier because I won't be hungry? Or, will I just get sick if I eat wrong or too much!! Good luck to all y'all!

I think it's good to do the pros and cons. I just had surgery a week ago and I'm hungry mentally but my body is in ketosis. I'm not very hungry from my stomach telling me. I'm definitely still healing and know it could change.

I don't like veggies either. I'm going to be trying an Atkins/keto diet once I'm able to eat some normal things. Idk if I'll be able to binge again. I can see myself trying but depending on the surgery, it's for life. I'll just be uncomfortable but my weight will be in a healthier place.

37 yr in Kansas. Started journey at 320, 6 months preoperative diet for insurance, surgery was 10/6 and I'm at 276.

10 hours ago, EsojLabina said:

Surgery 10/28 so excited. Has anyone failed with pre-op liver shrinking diet???

I’m on the 29th! Let’s go! I am on day 4 and the first two days were extremely hard. But I keep reading horror stories so I’m trying my best to stick to it!

Edited by Kaguragetshealthy_87

12 hours ago, Kaguragetshealthy_87 said:

I’m on the 29th! Let’s go! I am on day 4 and the first two days were extremely hard. But I keep reading horror stories so I’m trying my best to stick to it!

For what it’s worth I stuck to my liver shrink diet 100% and my dr commented on what a good job I did to both my husband and then myself when I woke up. I had very little pain afterwards and like to think that it’s partially because my liver was shrunken down so much and out of the way that the surgery was a little easier and caused less bruising and stuff. Possibly just coincidence but I like to think my hard work was worth it. Your already past the hardest part (first couple days) you’ve got this.

Mine was Oct. 5th! Feeling good 13 days post-op!

On 10/17/2021 at 10:42 PM, JenKS84 said:

I had the BPD-DS on October 6th. So far, so good. I think my weigh in on surgery date was 293. Today, I weighed in at 276.

It's hard for me to notice the physical changes because I feel like a bum and have been wearing lounge clothes. I thought I noticed some changes in my jawline this AM but not sure.

I am struggling to stay interested in the week 2 diet. I think I'm getting between 48 oz and 64 oz of liquids.

This is really a steady thing, you will start losing believe when I tell you, the weight will start falling off.

28 minutes ago, Ana-Maria said:

Hi everyone, 🙂

New here I had mine on 10/5 everything is good so far I am just really struggling with the Water intakes I feel so full. Has anyone had that issue?

For me - It got easier each day. Now I can drink without discomfort but it's still slow sips!

2 hours ago, Ana-Maria said:

Hi everyone, 🙂

New here I had mine on 10/5 everything is good so far I am just really struggling with the Water intakes I feel so full. Has anyone had that issue?

PS - we have the same "surgiversary" :) hi sleeve sister!