Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October 2021 Surgeries?



Recommended Posts

On 10/25/2021 at 1:41 AM, Vfls said:

Thanks for the link for the dissolvable Tylenol. What Protein Soup are you using? I drink chicken Bone Broth but not enough Protein. Never mind not liking my favorite shakes Now I am finding myself craving cumin , paprika, turmeric, and other savory spices. I hope your pain is getting better. I figured out today that walking really is helping. I may of overdone it but I feel way better. Also it hurts less to swallow. I figured out I was swallowing in a way that I also swallowed air. It’s amazing to think I use to guzzle 500 ml in 5 minutes. Now I can only drink half that in 30 minutes. Pain in abdomen still I think from to. Much stomach acid. The left shoulder pain comes and goes. How’s your hands? Any better? I am kinda excited in a way. Can not wait to see the pounds drop after working so hard and getting no where. I have been told to not watch my weight till about 4 weeks out.

I'm drinking these BariWise high protein cream of mushroom and cream of chicken Soup and really like them. They aren't any thicker than the Protein Shakes. I've also gotten FairLife protein shakes and they're much lighter. more like drinking 2% milk. I still haven't lost any weight and I desperately need to just quit getting on the stupid scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Shrinkingvee said:

Yes we are in this together, I had a caesarean with my son too but I found this pain far worse than that.

everyone is different though.
what hospital did you have yours?
It seems every hospital does things differently 1-4 weeks pureed.
4-8 weeks soft foods

8-12 weeks normal foods.
but also told it’s our journey and it’s just a guide.
We don’t get an appointment post op for 6 weeks so literally have to get on with it.

it’s so nice to know someone who’s going through it around the same sort of time as me. I’ve posted the guide they gave me.
xx

Oh wow! They let you have food so soon! Maybe this is why I'm so hungry!

I received my surgery at the Univerisity of Kentucky Hospital. And yeah, I've been noticing everyone's pre/post-op diets are so different. My pre-op diet was only a week-long (clear liquids only) and I continue clears for a week post-op. Tomorrow I can do "full liquids" which is pretty much creamy Soups for a week, then pureed foods for a week. From there it's soft foods, then adding in the rest by Week 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!
I received gastric sleeve surgery on October 13th. It has been very re-assuring to read all of your stories and questions. Knowing that many of you are having the same pains and issues has helped calm a lot of my concerns/fears.

I will admit that these first two weeks were very challenging. I had many “why on earth did I choose this?” moments. I am seriously grieving the loss of my favorite foods. Lord please help me control myself if I have to watch another gooey cheese pizza commercial!

But, I decided to have gastric sleeve when my blood pressure kept creeping up to dangerously high levels (190s). I was scared I would have a heart attack any day. This surgery has renewed my hope in my future long life. Since I started working with the nutritionist at the end of July, I have lost 46 pounds. After surgery, my blood pressure has reached normal healthy numbers (110) for the first time in years!

So, I am trying to remain focused on the positive reasons rather than my loss of gooey cheese pizza. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2021 at 6:45 AM, red_hatorade said:

I was sleeved on October 13!

I am 36/F living in Ohio. I have 2 kids, a soon to be 11 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. My high weight was when I was pregnant with my son, over 300 lbs. Starting weight was 288, got down to 271 before 2 week liquid diet, then got down to 253 day of surgery. I am almost 2 weeks post op and am down to 238.

That’s fabulous! Sounds so similar to my journey so far! I started at 285, got down to 251 by surgery day (October 13th), and am now sitting at 239! I am looking forward to exercising more and accelerating the loss (after a little more healing time).

I am 46. Had my surgery at USC Keck in LA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MegThrash said:

I'm doing alright. I'm really struggling to stay hydrated. For the first few days, the smallest amount of Water would make me so sick. Now, not so much nausea. Just hard to get much down! How about you? How are you feeling?

2 hours ago, JenLittle said:

Hello!
I received gastric sleeve surgery on October 13th. It has been very re-assuring to read all of your stories and questions. Knowing that many of you are having the same pains and issues has helped calm a lot of my concerns/fears.

I will admit that these first two weeks were very challenging. I had many “why on earth did I choose this?” moments. I am seriously grieving the loss of my favorite foods. Lord please help me control myself if I have to watch another gooey cheese pizza commercial!

But, I decided to have gastric sleeve when my blood pressure kept creeping up to dangerously high levels (190s). I was scared I would have a heart attack any day. This surgery has renewed my hope in my future long life. Since I started working with the nutritionist at the end of July, I have lost 46 pounds. After surgery, my blood pressure has reached normal healthy numbers (110) for the first time in years!

So, I am trying to remain focused on the positive reasons rather than my loss of gooey cheese pizza. :)

Hiya Jenlittle,

I had regrets too especially a few days ago when I was hormonal/ due a period and the hunger came back, I’ve also felt like I’m no longer Normal , I think we realise how much food was to us when emotional etc.

someone I know who had the sleeve said to me that it was like losing a friend, food was something that cured all there bad days and I get it because if I had a bad day i used to think it’s ok I’ll just eat a bag of crisps with a movie.
comfort food.
this is a new journey for all of us.
we can do it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JenLittle said:

That’s fabulous! Sounds so similar to my journey so far! I started at 285, got down to 251 by surgery day (October 13th), and am now sitting at 239! I am looking forward to exercising more and accelerating the loss (after a little more healing time).

I am 46. Had my surgery at USC Keck in LA.

Yes, I definitely want to get some more exercise in once I am able to eat more. Right now I struggle getting enough to eat and drink. I had my surgery at JourneyLight in Cincinnati, OH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Shrinkingvee said:

Hiya Jenlittle,

I had regrets too especially a few days ago when I was hormonal/ due a period and the hunger came back, I’ve also felt like I’m no longer Normal , I think we realise how much food was to us when emotional etc.

someone I know who had the sleeve said to me that it was like losing a friend, food was something that cured all there bad days and I get it because if I had a bad day i used to think it’s ok I’ll just eat a bag of crisps with a movie.
comfort food.
this is a new journey for all of us.
we can do it!

Sorry to hear you guys had regrets :(.

I never did, and really I am not hungry per se, just miss the taste of certain things. I'd love to eat a salad, for example, or some steak. Not really craving anything other that real food that isn't mush.

I totally get the concept of food curing bad days, it did that for me a lot, but the feeling I have even losing a little weight has made me feel so much better. I am trying to find other more healthy things to fill that void.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, red_hatorade said:

Sorry to hear you guys had regrets :(.

I never did, and really I am not hungry per se, just miss the taste of certain things. I'd love to eat a salad, for example, or some steak. Not really craving anything other that real food that isn't mush.

I totally get the concept of food curing bad days, it did that for me a lot, but the feeling I have even losing a little weight has made me feel so much better. I am trying to find other more healthy things to fill that void.

I’m ok now as not hormonal but I got irritated when I couldn’t do what I would normally do before a period.
I don’t regret it now.
my surgeon said that our hormones are out of whack when we have surgery because as we burn fat the hormones react differently?
I’ve been very emotional some days.
anyone that thinks this is an easy walk in the park are very mistaken.
you have to work for it.
I’ve lost 15lbs in 2 weeks and 3 days and before op I lost 16 pounds on the milk liver shrinking pre op diet so I can’t complain although everyone loses differently.
I think we all think sometimes it should be faster but losing this fast has never happened before and for that I’m grateful.I’ve been doing walks again finally I feel so much better other than pain on one side the incision where they take the stomach out.
I know every day will get better, change isn’t easy but it will be worth it.

Edited by Shrinkingvee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, red_hatorade said:

Yes, I definitely want to get some more exercise in once I am able to eat more. Right now I struggle getting enough to eat and drink. I had my surgery at JourneyLight in Cincinnati, OH.

Edited by Shrinkingvee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all!
I’m three weeks post op today from bypass. I’ve been very lucky with easily getting down the required liquids and my small blended meals.
I’m suddenly struggling with food obsession again. I was okay the first while bc I knew I couldn’t, but now I’m trying actual food and really want the “bad” food. I want pizza and creamy pastas and the chocolate. I’ve held off so far, but have been creeping over the calories.
It doesn’t help that I’m not losing much weight. “Only” 5 lbs in the last two weeks.
I think the amount of free time isn’t helping. I’m still off work and most of my friends/family are busy this time of year.

Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally understand this thread! I’m 4 weeks post op and that first week it was so painful to drink. Like fluids would hit my stomach and my abdomen would seize and scream in pain. I actually ended up getting readmitted a week later because of dehydration. I just couldn’t get enough in and take the pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s so interesting to see how different all the post op diets are. I had the surgery two days ago and had Clear Liquids the day after and now on the liquid diet for two weeks. Yesterday I was starving! Today I am barely eating. Everything tastes super sweet and all my options look “yuck”. How often was everyone eating and drinking at this point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Cookie.Monster said:

It’s so interesting to see how different all the post op diets are. I had the surgery two days ago and had Clear Liquids the day after and now on the liquid diet for two weeks. Yesterday I was starving! Today I am barely eating. Everything tastes super sweet and all my options look “yuck”. How often was everyone eating and drinking at this point?

I was on Clear Liquids for a week and wasn’t hungry. After clear liquids we went straight to soft foods so no liquid phase for me. I’m still not hungry. Savory foods taste better after gastric surgery so focus on broths. Maybe make a red bean Soup and blend the peas. Sweet foods are yucky to me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Kaguragetshealthy_87

      Keep going. I guess I'm experiencing a stall almost 6 weeks out. Keep going. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • UniquelyMe28

      I hit my stall ALREADY 🤷🏽‍♀️ been at 300 for almost a week. I’m not worried about it though, because I know that my body is healing. I’m not in a rush, I loss 30 pounds since surgery which was 3 weeks ago. I’m just going with the flow and staying positive. 😁
      · 2 replies
      1. kimdlawson06

        It's very common. Give your body a chance to "catch up" with its new reality and the weight loss will start again. Hang in there, I know it can be frustrating!

      2. slink33

        Same with me. Lost 38 lbs from the week I started clear liquids prior to surgery. Did not lose an ounce for the last 10 days, woke up this morning and decreased 2 lbs. I think it is normal. Dont panic. Your body is in shock and trying to figure out how to readjust.

    • Meganator

      First Orangetheory class back after surgery! #347 for me. Determined to take things easy- especially those ab exercises. Looking forward to hitting #350 this week.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • tcrehm

      How do I delete my account on here?
      · 1 reply
      1. SleeverSk

        Hi, I have been having a look around the site, I cant find anywhere that you can delete your account yourself, However in the rules it indicates that staff can delete accounts so maybe use the "contact us" tab at the very bottom of the page and ask for assistance there.

    • UniquelyMe28

      I loss 19 pounds my first 7 days post op 🙌🏽 (Water weight or real weight.. weight is weight to me.. I’ll take it lol) I make sure I keep my water with me 24.7 and I walk every chance I get. I cook dinner for my kids with no problems. I have zero cravings!  By next week I should be in the 200’s. Haven’t been there since high school 🥲
      · 2 replies
      1. MiaPie

        I had my surgery 11/17 and hit 299 this morning! :) Rooting for you!

      2. UniquelyMe28

        Congrats I’m at 289 now. Its a wonderful feeling, right!?

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×