Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHERE ARE MY AUGUST 2021 PEEPS?

So I learned what it’s like to not get enough intake (liquids and protein).

I felt pain, but otherwise normal the first week. I haven’t felt that lightheaded week feeling, until the last two days that is.

This week I took some naps and slacked a bit on intake. I didn’t even total my numbers until the end of the day yesterday and I realized I dropped to less than 30g Protein and I also very low liquids. That was why I couldn’t concentrate and felt so light headed and week. Also super low blood pressure. To make matters worse I usually have high blood pressure and I was still taking the meds to lower my blood pressure.

I pushed to increase my intake this morning. Still no more than 4oz just making sure I get it every hour.

I feel so much better and my blood pressure is better. I still feel light headed if I stand up, but not as bad as before.

So just a reminder to everyone you really have to treat the intake like it’s a job. We can’t take in that much so we need to not miss any eating times. Initially that is every hour. When it can get more spaced out I’ll make sure to have alarms set. That wasn’t a good feeling, but glad I know better now.

I have the same Blood Pressure issues and on Day 3 and Day 6 I was so weak and lightheaded I could barely get off the couch.....I was able to get 60 grams of Protein each day but was light on total liquids.

Now on Day 9 and feeling better but still fatigued after walking or skimming the pool.

Howdy! Just had gastric sleeve 8/31. So far all is good. Only side effect is excessive salvia. It may be I’m drinking to fast. Idk but I’ll keep an eye on it. RN said it was normal. Will see 🙌🏼

Got surgery the 25th! Lost 5kg in 7 days!

I’m using an app called EatWise to remind me to eat my meals. I set it to 6 meals a day and it gives me a 30 minutes heads up before the next meal, so I know when to stop drinking. Very useful if you tend to forget to eat.

Otherwise everything is going fine. 16 says post op now. I can drink a lot more Water now. Don’t have to take tiny sips anymore, so it’s a lot easier to get my fluids in. I made a mackerel salad yesterday (just smoked mackerel with some light mayo and salt/pepper puréed). It was very good! I ate about 1.5oz. So glad to eat some real food again. Can’t wait to try vegetables again in a few weeks. I like having something to look forward to between the dreadful Protein Shakes lol.

My surgery date was 8/26…VSG.

I heard about eatwise, but I haven’t tried it out yet.

Is it worth it? Does it work well?

For now I am using custom daily sheets to log my intake. When I was on the way preop diet I was using MyFitnessPal. It worked really well for me. I got the premium so I can get the macro nutrient reports.

I just had mine 8/25 and aside from some gas pain and the pain I feel sitting up in bed, I’m great! I’ve lost 20 lbs since my 4 day pre-op diet, 14 lbs since surgery.

On 8/30/2021 at 5:54 PM, Plsmi7th said:

That's great!! Are they soft chews? I got the chewable tablets and I'm getting really tired of chewing them...it kind of feels like chewing chalk- AND I have to take 4 a day. They are from Celebrate Bariatric but I am thinking about switching to Bariatric Advantage if there is a better option. Has anyone tried the vitamin patches?

I use the vitamin patches daily, and I love them! They are so convenient, and they work! I get mine from patchaid!

7 minutes ago, TessaC said:

I use the vitamin patches daily, and I love them! They are so convenient, and they work! I get mine from patchaid!

Ditto! I am looking for Vitamins as well! I tried the Optifast chews and I don’t like the chalk taste. I tried the Bariatric Advantage chewables in wild grape, it has a bitter after taste……has anyone tried any other flavor of the bariatric advantage gummies? Or any other brand that taste good?

1 hour ago, Poise1 said:

Ditto! I am looking for Vitamins as well! I tried the Optifast chews and I don’t like the chalk taste. I tried the Bariatric Advantage chewables in wild grape, it has a bitter after taste……has anyone tried any other flavor of the Bariatric Advantage gummies? Or any other brand that taste good?

Your dietician or your clinic may have samples of the bariatric advantage. I think the sample was mixed berry and one other I can’t remember. I got them from my dietician.