Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Morachia said:

You absolutely are not alone. I'm really struggling to figure out this new pouch. The only time I feel full is when I have to take my medications (which they told me to take them normally). Its brutal and takes about 10 minutes where I used to be able to do it in 30 seconds lol. Trying to get my 64oz of Water in and 3 Protein Shakes a day. Its a little bit difficult. I hope it will be easier to differentiate our fullness once we hit puree and soft foods.

I know that I made the right choice by doing this surgery. I thought about it for years and went through 7 months of preparation. But I did experience some buyers remorse last night. I think I'm feeling overwhelmed by it all - I did pull a muscle in my shoulder a day before surgery and that hurts more than anything my surgeon did so its hard to really gauge my pain right now. I feel like I studied and really self reflected leading up to all of this but somehow, I feel that I'm underprepared. I'm sure this feeling will go away with time. I've also stalled...which logically I know its fine, because I'm healing but then the worry sets in, am I doing anything wrong? Its way too easy to slip into comparing your journey to others. We all move at our own pace.

And then my birthday is tomorrow. Kinda sucks feeling so low on such a milestone birthday, but I'm sure once I recover, things will be good. Don't mean to have a pity party lol, I guess I'm just all up in my feelings at the moment. I'm super proud of all of us though. Its not an easy journey.

Aww!! Happy birthday to you fellow gemini!! My birthday was 5/22 and I was on my liquid pre op diet. It was one of the worst birthdays ever! I too am having a bit of buyers remorse. I originally wanted DS but my doctor said due to my severe anemia, this wouldn’t do me any good in the long run. I just want to learn this bypass because I feel like I went in and came out with the same stomach. Like nothing has changed. Only thing is, I cannot finish my Water in a day but I can meet my Protein reqs easy. I don’t drink a lot of milk products but with the shakes and the yogurts, I’m meeting it. I have also been teetering between 291 and 288 for a week. So I guess I’m in a very early stall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, CharismaticGlam said:

Mine was June 2nd as well!!! Do you feel full at all drinking the liquids? I’m having a hard time noticing my signs of fullnesss.

Congrats on the surgery! Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone in having trouble determining fullness. The hospital I went through actually releases you on pureed stage. I only did liquids day 1 and the first two meals of day 2. However I still don't know what "full" feels like. Currently I carefully measure portions and eat until I no longer feel hungry (hunger did come back for me a few days after surgery). My hunger isn't super strong, and I have to sort of pay attention to even notice it. I definitely don't feel physically full or anything. Fingers crossed that there's some other indication when I move to soft foods, cause the hunger feeling is leaving before I've gotten near enough calories for the day and I'm terrified of eating too much and hurting the new tummy.

Edited by SunnyinSC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Morachia said:

You absolutely are not alone. I'm really struggling to figure out this new pouch. The only time I feel full is when I have to take my medications (which they told me to take them normally). Its brutal and takes about 10 minutes where I used to be able to do it in 30 seconds lol. Trying to get my 64oz of Water in and 3 Protein Shakes a day. Its a little bit difficult. I hope it will be easier to differentiate our fullness once we hit puree and soft foods.

I know that I made the right choice by doing this surgery. I thought about it for years and went through 7 months of preparation. But I did experience some buyers remorse last night. I think I'm feeling overwhelmed by it all - I did pull a muscle in my shoulder a day before surgery and that hurts more than anything my surgeon did so its hard to really gauge my pain right now. I feel like I studied and really self reflected leading up to all of this but somehow, I feel that I'm underprepared. I'm sure this feeling will go away with time. I've also stalled...which logically I know its fine, because I'm healing but then the worry sets in, am I doing anything wrong? Its way too easy to slip into comparing your journey to others. We all move at our own pace.

And then my birthday is tomorrow. Kinda sucks feeling so low on such a milestone birthday, but I'm sure once I recover, things will be good. Don't mean to have a pity party lol, I guess I'm just all up in my feelings at the moment. I'm super proud of all of us though. Its not an easy journey.

Happy birthday! Hopefully next year will make up for it in that you can Celebrate normally and you'll have the added life changes that come from going through this process to celebrate :) Also, I am with you, taking medications in the morning is the most awful part of my day right now. There are just so many for the first week post-op.

Edit: I got you and @CharismaticGlammixed up. The sorry for liquid pre-op diet is actually for her! Sorry. Was replying to you both at around the same time and got it all mixed. So CharismaticGlam, sorry you had to spend your birthday on the liquid diet, and for Morachia, sorry you have to spend yours on the post-op liquid diet! Fingers crossed that next years is much better for you both!

Edited by SunnyinSC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m feeling really good! Still tire/get fatigued easily but no pain or nausea anymore. I’m able to do more around the house and have increased my exercise. I’ve lost 8 lbs since surgery; 27 total since my first visit with the surgeon. I had my first post op visit with the surgeon today and he said he’s very pleased with my progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I grabbed my first container of puréed ham salad and color me surprised I could only eat half the two ounce cup. I was eating whole Greek yogurts and 4oz of Soup. Texture really does make a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chip L said:

So I grabbed my first container of puréed ham salad and color me surprised I could only eat half the two ounce cup. I was eating whole Greek yogurts and 4oz of Soup. Texture really does make a difference.

Hey Chip, can you share your ham salad recipe please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dlmorris80 said:

Hey Chip, can you share your ham salad recipe please?

It wasn’t anything special. I took hillshire farm reduced sodium honey ham from the sliced meats section and ground it up in the blender. I also added some sugar free bread and butter pickles and light miracle whip and let the blender turn it into paste :) hope that helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jessica.palmer said:

My surgery is today at 7:30 I’m nervous….

Good luck, you’ll be absolutely fine! I had mine at 5pm yesterday and I’m already feeling much better, just the first few hours after were rough but it passes! X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jessica.palmer said:

My surgery is today at 7:30 I’m nervous….

Best of luck! I know you'll hear it 5 million times but definitely walk when you can post-op. It really does help with the gas pain. Once you feel up to it, let us know when you're out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Idk91 said:

Good luck, you’ll be absolutely fine! I had mine at 5pm yesterday and I’m already feeling much better, just the first few hours after were rough but it passes! X

Congrats! Glad to hear everything went well, and you're already feeling better. First few hours after were definitely a bit rough, but I don't remember much about them beyond that thankfully, lol. I think maybe my brain blocked most of it out, or the anesthesia was still working it's memory magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jessica.palmer said:

My surgery is today at 7:30 I’m nervous….

Good luck and hugs. Congratulations on your new life :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Idk91 said:

Good luck, you’ll be absolutely fine! I had mine at 5pm yesterday and I’m already feeling much better, just the first few hours after were rough but it passes! X

Congratulations:D. Glad you’re doing well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SunnyinSC said:

Congrats! Glad to hear everything went well, and you're already feeling better. First few hours after were definitely a bit rough, but I don't remember much about them beyond that thankfully, lol. I think maybe my brain blocked most of it out, or the anesthesia was still working it's memory magic.

Hahaha oh yeah! Was mostly in recovery I felt horrendous!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chip L said:

Congratulations:D. Glad you’re doing well

Thanks! Just trying to keep up with my Fluid intake, my surgeon is a stickler for it haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • summerset

      Work is still stressful and I'm on sick leave for this week because of acute laryngitis (corona tested negative twice). 😷
      I'm surprised that I still get reactions for posts sometimes, even though some of them are quite old now.
      Anyway, hoping people are ok!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Living4cc

      ✨ Things that you need after surgery that no one tells you that you need✨👇🏾
      64953397742__153F0400-C88C-4500-A23D-16EEF4BACAEA.MOV
      · 1 reply
      1. Micheleah

        Very helpful, I was just wondering about our stomach wounds..September 8 2021 Sleeve

    • Living4cc

      How are you guys how are you all a little bit about me my name is Cici I had my bariatric sleeve on July 27, 2021 and six days postop currently, I have been dealing with a bit of anxiety a little depression and it’s something that no one really talks about.
      I would love followers and to follow more people throughout this journey because I’m pretty much alone I have a freak out at least once every two hours I know I did the right thing but sometimes I feel like I didn’t I also know this too shall pass and by this time next year it won’t be tears of sadness I’ll be having tears of joy so please follow me on my journey and I will do the same😍
      I would love to share some of the things that I have discovered after surgery that no one talks about
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Living4cc

      I
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Stacyp44

      surgery on thursday im so excited
      · 2 replies
      1. Candace76

        Congrats & good luck!😊

      2. Living4cc

        CongratulationsI’m six days post it hasn’t been the easiest but I think I’m definitely saving my life and I swear I cry at least once every two hours but sweetheart you will be fine there’s also a couple things that I would like to make sure that you have before your surgery if that’s OK

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×