Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

2 hours ago, losinglosinglosing said:

Yes. Now, the weight I put on dating apps is true. 😂

LOL ain't that the truth! 🤣

I have a coat that was my moms (she passed in 2017) that I could wear but never button closed… I can button it!! Not only can I button it, it’s loose! That was a moment that literally made me dance. Lol

I went cycling around the town yesterday and the day before after stopping for almost two months. It has been raining non-stop over here and we are finally having a dry spell. There was a hill on my usual track and previously I'd get off the bike and dragged it uphill. I didn't have to do that yesterday and I was able to just climb the hill without much effort. What a pleasant surprise! I need to buy new cycling shorts since the old one are very loose now.

@omrhsn I like the “went cycling around the town “ WOOT WOOT!

9 minutes ago, learn2cook said:

@omrhsn I like the “went cycling around the town “ WOOT WOOT!

I know right. Things I never thought I'd say haha

I received a lot of gifts cards for Christmas & they specifically noted its to buy clothes that fit, 'to help build my new wardrobe'

It confirms that other people see the progress I've made. It made me very happy 🥲

Edited by bbykitty

I struggle to call this a "victory", because I consider it a negative (Non-Scale-Negative? Non-Scale-Oops?), but I've lost all buoyancy. Was at my sister's Xmas day, and I haven't been swimming in a year. Blobbing around like a human pool float was always my jam. Nope. Not anymore! Welcome to sink-like-a-stone-town! I was treading Water in the deep end like a wind-up bath toy, mildly horrified at how hard I had to work to stay afloat.

Thus ends my confidence in the water. I may well be the adult with the pool wings next time I go to the beach. And if I do, I intend to make that fashion accessory work.

Bonus Non-Scale-Negative: I was so cold in that water my nephew remarked that my back was covered in gooseflesh. I lasted maybe five minutes before I had to get out and get warm. In Summer. In Queensland Australia. 🤦‍♀️

Seeing my collarbones for the first time in decades

Fitting into a seater vest my mom bought me the very first week of high school. We went to pick up my grandma right after buying it and took her to dinner; this was a few months after my grandpa passed. I was so proud in my new togs.

Wearing a suit and FINALLY understanding not everyone is uncomfortable wearing one

And this is a guy thing and TMI, but … it got bigger. Not actually, but having less fat in the pubic mound made it look bigger 😅😅😅

Yeah!! Collar bones rule!! And crossing legs....amazing especially since I've never experienced this until this past year post op...amazing! Sitting in a booth at a restaurant, and the weird but amazing feeling to shop for clothes that are not plus size!

12 hours ago, Smanky said:

I struggle to call this a "victory", because I consider it a negative (Non-Scale-Negative? Non-Scale-Oops?), but I've lost all buoyancy. Was at my sister's Xmas day, and I haven't been swimming in a year. Blobbing around like a human pool float was always my jam. Nope. Not anymore! Welcome to sink-like-a-stone-town! I was treading Water in the deep end like a wind-up bath toy, mildly horrified at how hard I had to work to stay afloat.

Thus ends my confidence in the Water. I may well be the adult with the pool wings next time I go to the beach. And if I do, I intend to make that fashion accessory work.

Bonus Non-Scale-Negative: I was so cold in that water my nephew remarked that my back was covered in gooseflesh. I lasted maybe five minutes before I had to get out and get warm. In Summer. In Queensland Australia. 🤦‍♀️

OH man being able to easily float in water was definitely the best part of being big hahaha

16 hours ago, Smanky said:

Thus ends my confidence in the Water. I may well be the adult with the pool wings next time I go to the beach. And if I do, I intend to make that fashion accessory work.

I can relate somehow. My negative NSV is that I've lost the "padding" I used to have and now sitting for a long period of time hurts haha.

11 hours ago, ryan_86 said:

Seeing my collarbones for the first time in decades

Fitting into a seater vest my mom bought me the very first week of high school. We went to pick up my grandma right after buying it and took her to dinner; this was a few months after my grandpa passed. I was so proud in my new togs.

Wearing a suit and FINALLY understanding not everyone is uncomfortable wearing one

And this is a guy thing and TMI, but … it got bigger. Not actually, but having less fat in the pubic mound made it look bigger 😅😅😅

I've also experienced all of these. It was my wife who noticed my collar bones lol. I'm holding off getting a new suit until next year and super excited about it. I agree with the "guy thing" as well haha

"My clothes don't fit me anymore". This used to have an entirely different meaning last year haha. My wife laughed when I said this and told me she can't ask me to lose weight to solve that issue anymore 🤣🤣. I guess it is time for another wardrobe change.

6 hours ago, bbykitty said:

OH man being able to easily float in Water was definitely the best part of being big hahaha

Seriously! I never thought I'd miss anything about being big... but THAT. Floating over the waves beyond the breakers in the ocean was a delight. That is the one thing I'll genuinely miss, because I won't be going that far out ever again! 😬

I'm really looking forward to losing my buoyancy. I was a swimmer all of my childhood and getting in the pool again after gaining weight was such a shock. I couldn't stroke properly because my arse and everything else was popping up out of the Water. It felt more like I was paddling the fat canoe of my own body than swimming through the water.

I can't wait to swim laps again and have it feel normal.