Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

1 hour ago, jcannon80 said:

Sitting down and crossing my legs with out straining or keeping it up on the other leg.

Still my most amazing accomplishment and now my favorite way to sit. I feel a little smug(truth be told) each time I cross my legs at the knees and keep them there without effort. Like, "Wow! Look what I can do!"

I’m only five weeks out and I can already comfortably cross my legs like a woman instead of the wide cross-legs like a man I’ve been having to do for years. 😂

6 minutes ago, j.matthews94 said:

I’m only five weeks out and I can already comfortably cross my legs like a woman instead of the wide cross-legs like a man I’ve been having to do for years. 😂

I've said before and I'll say it again... crossing my legs like a lady and not requiring a death grip to keep them there is my greatest victory so far. I mean the weight loss and energy and added ability and clothes are great but by golly I can sit like a lady comfortably! I never realized how much it bothered me until I could do it.

45 minutes ago, flamingolady1408 said:

I've said before and I'll say it again... crossing my legs like a lady and not requiring a death grip to keep them there is my greatest victory so far. I mean the weight loss and energy and added ability and clothes are great but by golly I can sit like a lady comfortably! I never realized how much it bothered me until I could do it.

speaking of sitting... being able to keep the legs closed while seated without crossing ones legs (i.e., knees together and keeping the "gap" closed) with zero effort is pretty awesome too 💪🏼😂

Seeing myself in pictures and not being horrified... feeling kinda cute.

16 hours ago, losinglosinglosing said:

Seeing myself in pictures and not being horrified... feeling kinda cute.

I feel like I look less bloated all over, hadn't realize I had a back hump till I compare them now. I was using shein since they are cheap when I needed a top for a work event or a birthday, I was using 3x in their clothing and today I tried a 2x that fit big, and the 1x fit nicely. Most tops are looser, or they are longer, my jeans/undies are baggier. Can't wait till I fit in the dreaded too small closet.

Found an old log w my old measurements. My waist used to be 44-45 inches. My waist is now 35 inches.

I've lost 10inches. Almost a whole foot!

10 hours ago, bbykitty said:

Found an old log w my old measurements. My waist used to be 44-45 inches. My waist is now 35 inches.

I've lost 10inches. Almost a whole foot!

Isn't it just amazing how wonderful this surgery can be

I finally fit into straight sized t-shirts. At my highest weight, I was in a 4x or 5x. Now I'm sitting here in an XL.

Now I can wear the t-shirts I got from walking races that I couldn't even put on when I finished the race.

Can't wait to see where I end up after surgery.

Mixed emotions though, because I have some t-shirts that I really like that I could go camping in. I think I'm gonna make them into throw pillows.

16 hours ago, Nepenthe44 said:

I finally fit into straight sized t-shirts. At my highest weight, I was in a 4x or 5x. Now I'm sitting here in an XL.

Now I can wear the t-shirts I got from walking races that I couldn't even put on when I finished the race.

Can't wait to see where I end up after surgery.

Mixed emotions though, because I have some t-shirts that I really like that I could go camping in. I think I'm gonna make them into throw pillows.

I now wear some of my fav t. shirts as night dresses. They come to my knees. BTW you are doing amazingly

I noticed recently that I close the car door AS I am getting in.

Usually I would get in and adjust and all that and THEN close the door. Now it is all in one quick smooth motion, I am pulling the door closed as my second leg is going in and I don't have to adjust myself.

We recently moved to a new apartment. Guess who was up on the ladder all day installing curtain rails, hanging curtains, photos etc. I can't remember the last time I was on something that is more than 20 cm above the ground 😂. I can't use my weight as an excuse to tell my wife that I can't climb on the ladder and hang stuff anymore.

Skipping meals and hard labor during the past week seems to have paid off. I lost 4 kgs and now down to 89 Kg (from 150 kg before WLS)

Edited by omrhsn

1 hour ago, omrhsn said:

We recently moved to a new apartment. Guess who was up on the ladder all day installing curtain rails, hanging curtains, photos etc. I can't remember the last time I was on something that is more than 20 cm above the ground 😂. I can't use my weight as an excuse to tell my wife that I can't climb on the ladder and hang stuff anymore.

Skipping meals and hard labor during the past week seems to have paid off. I lost 4 kgs and now down to 89 Kg (from 150 kg before WLS)

Great job!