Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

I bought this basketball jersey many months ago in a size I knew I wouldn't fit in (it's an athletic fit medium) in hopes I'd fit in it this year.

I tried it on today & it finally went on! I couldn't even get it over my shoulders when I got it

PXL_20230106_010546241.MP~3.jpg

I bought this basketball jersey many months ago in a size I knew I wouldn't fit in (it's an athletic fit medium) in hopes I'd fit in it this year.
I tried it on today & it finally went on! I couldn't even get it over my shoulders when I got it
1536451036_PXL_20230106_010546241.MP3.thumb.jpg.838357b5dc839d0304307e05891e3c4f.jpg

Nice. Go Lakers [emoji177]

NSV… happy with the way I looked for my husband’s 35th high school reunion! I didn’t feel old and fat as I would have in the past. Plus this was a few weeks BEFORE my Tummy Tuck and thighplasty. About 1.5 years after WLS and down from a 2x to a size 4.

1BAB1FE9-845C-4030-BBC9-89737831879F.jpeg

Edited by HeatherE
Add content

2 NSVs to mention.

1. I just got my annual labs drawn and the lab has those chairs with the padded lap bar that comes down, presumably to contain surprise fainters. The last time I had labs drawn, maybe 7 months ago, the bar rested on my stomach and couldn't come down all the way. Today it came all the way down and there was room to spare.

2. I'm a side sleeper and at my highest weight, my hips were so wide that my body was kind of a slope and my top arm would fall down with my shoulder pressing into my neck. Now, not only is my arm horizontal and not choking me, but my elbow is dipping down into my waist.

I don't find this comfortable, but it's definitely a victory. I'll be experimenting with pillow placement to deal with being poked by (still very buried, but now detectable) hip bones.

6 hours ago, Nepenthe44 said:

2. I'm a side sleeper and at my highest weight, my hips were so wide that my body was kind of a slope and my top arm would fall down with my shoulder pressing into my neck. Now, not only is my arm horizontal and not choking me, but my elbow is dipping down into my waist.

I don't find this comfortable, but it's definitely a victory. I'll be experimenting with pillow placement to deal with being poked by (still very buried, but now detectable) hip bones.

I've found - recently - that my ribs kind of hurt when I'm laying in bed now. I'm a side sleeper as well. I never noticed my ribs giving me a problem, until a few days ago. I reckon I'll get used to it, but it's an interesting problem to have! LOL!

13 hours ago, Jeanniebug said:

I've found - recently - that my ribs kind of hurt when I'm laying in bed now. I'm a side sleeper as well. I never noticed my ribs giving me a problem, until a few days ago. I reckon I'll get used to it, but it's an interesting problem to have! LOL!

My biggest thing is my tailbone... It is just SO prominent. I have to use a pillow to drive now because it feels like I'm sitting on a rock. We have bones underneath all that padding, who knew?!😉

Here's a genuinely weird NSV:

I have new stretch marks! Really red angry ones on my shoulders. Looks like I was mauled by a big cat.

How could stretch marks be a victory?

They're from weightlifting. Not something I was anticipating, but definitely not something I'm mad about.

This isn’t a NSV, but everyone reading this thread HOPEFULLY can give me some insight. I am 18 months PO. I have lost 156 lbs. (total) BUT, WHY do I bite the inside of my mouth when I chew sometimes! Is it the weight lost in the face, sagging to allow me to ‘bite it easier’ now?

On 1/7/2023 at 5:34 AM, flamingolady1408 said:

My biggest thing is my tailbone... It is just SO prominent. I have to use a pillow to drive now because it feels like I'm sitting on a rock. We have bones underneath all that padding, who knew?!😉

I've heard that from others. They make special cushions with tailbone cutouts. So far, my tailbone isn't bothering me, but I imagine it probably will when I lose some more weight. I still have a fair bit of padding on my rear. LOL!

10 hours ago, Tripletsmom1971 said:

This isn’t a NSV, but everyone reading this thread HOPEFULLY can give me some insight. I am 18 months PO. I have lost 156 lbs. (total) BUT, WHY do I bite the inside of my mouth when I chew sometimes! Is it the weight lost in the face, sagging to allow me to ‘bite it easier’ now?

I have now idea, but I still wanted to say congratulations! 156 pounds loss is AMAZING!

Cutting four inches off my belt; being able to tie my apron behind my back without help before I fire up the grill; easily reaching my zipper at a urinal 😬

This is kinda cool. My 12 year old said she hadn't realized how much weight I had lost looking at me because she sees me everyday but the other day she was hugging me and she said her fingers have gone from not touching at all to hands overlapping and that's when she realized I had lost a lot of weight. Kinda felt good. And weird but mostly good.

Working out, seeing all that orange & not feeling like I'm going to pass out is an amazing feeling.

Screenshot_20230110-173046.png

Here's one I noticed the other day: I have a cleft chin again. As a kid I hated my "butt chin" and didn't really realize just how much it had disappeared as my face filled out, but now that you can actually see my jaw again, boom, butt chin is back and better than ever.

On 11/17/2021 at 17:56, SarahMae said:

My surgery was in July, but My favorite NSV so far is: Went to universal and fit on every ride easily. Last time I went I couldn’t do two of the rides!

That's like a huge item on my bucket list because I had the same problem when I last went to Universal and Six Flags a while back. I hope once I get lighter from my upcoming surgery that I'd ride them all without worry :)