Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

On 9/23/2022 at 10:22 PM, STLoser said:

I had my yearly pulmonologist appt. the other day. I've been seeing him for about 10 years, since I got diagnosed with asthma. I had suspected I had it for a long time before that, but when I got up to almost 400 pounds it got a lot worse. That year I was sick 10 months out of the year. It was awful.
Well, at this appointment the other day he said my lung function is better than normal for a woman my age (51). Like, WAY better than normal, and he doesn't need to see me anymore unless I have a problem. He also took me off my controlling inhaler with the long acting brochodilator in it and put me on a regular one that is just a steroid. I had originally had to go on the one with the brochodilator because we couldn't get my asthma under control with just a steroid.
Actually, I love this doctor and he's the best doctor I've ever had so I will miss him, but I'm so happy. I NEVER knew the impact my weight was having on my ashtma until I lost the weight. I just can't believe how much better I feel. I can't believe after struggling to get it under control for a long time, now it's like I don't even have asthma. It's amazing!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

That is amazing! I'm glad you are feeling better now and don't need your meds anymore.

May you have many more victories along the way! Congrats.

On 9/23/2022 at 7:22 AM, STLoser said:

I had my yearly pulmonologist appt. the other day. I've been seeing him for about 10 years, since I got diagnosed with asthma. I had suspected I had it for a long time before that, but when I got up to almost 400 pounds it got a lot worse. That year I was sick 10 months out of the year. It was awful.
Well, at this appointment the other day he said my lung function is better than normal for a woman my age (51). Like, WAY better than normal, and he doesn't need to see me anymore unless I have a problem. He also took me off my controlling inhaler with the long acting brochodilator in it and put me on a regular one that is just a steroid. I had originally had to go on the one with the brochodilator because we couldn't get my asthma under control with just a steroid.
Actually, I love this doctor and he's the best doctor I've ever had so I will miss him, but I'm so happy. I NEVER knew the impact my weight was having on my ashtma until I lost the weight. I just can't believe how much better I feel. I can't believe after struggling to get it under control for a long time, now it's like I don't even have asthma. It's amazing!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes! I feel the same like surprised at how so many things heal after the weight loss. Now I feel it's all momentum that since I lost 💯 how much more better would I feel if I lost say 50 more! It is great to hear that you have victory over your asthma!

I have some, first I wanted to post a before and after.

From a 4x/3x to a L/M
I cant believe I don't need plus sizes anymore. Honestly it's so weird to me still that I can find something in most stores now that work with my body. I've been plus sized for the past 12 years and when I was a kid (girls plus). I know it's not a weird NSV but it's weird to me because I've been plus sized my whole life.

Another NSV, I was able to hike in bad shoes without getting out of breath or falling. Pic from the hike.

Another NSV. I am a musician. I had a show last night and I was scared to step up on stage because there was no step. Old me would have had a lot of trouble and felt embarrassed. I got up with my instrument in hand and had no issues at all. I am still scared though to do things like that because I'm not used to my new body. I hope I'll become more comfortable soon. Pic of stage!

IMG_20220928_144029.jpg 20220924_154501.jpg IMG_20220927_233202_586.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have been measuring myself and I never seem to see the tape go down at all. Seems like my measurement stays the same. Well today, I tried on some new jeans that I haven't been able to fit into just yet and today they zipped right up. I'm so happy.

Now I wish I could learn to take good body selfies. Well that's next on the agenda. LOL

Edited by Candigrl1

When I was at my highest weight, it felt like my body was just running out of places to put more fat and I started getting pads of fat in weird places.

Today I noticed that my "buffalo hump" (fat pad between my shoulder blades) is gone and my back is a more normal shape. And also my "hotdog bun" (rolls of fat at the nape of my neck) is basically gone. The pad on my shin just below my kneecap is almost gone.

I'm still fat as of now, but just in the usual places.

On 9/30/2022 at 8:10 AM, Candigrl1 said:

I have been measuring myself and I never seem to see the tape go down at all. Seems like my measurement stays the same. Well today, I tried on some new jeans that I haven't been able to fit into just yet and today they zipped right up. I'm so happy.

Now I wish I could learn to take good body selfies. Well that's next on the agenda. LOL

Congratulations and well done! I started buying jeans that are 4 - 6 size smaller and keep on trying them on to see if they fit haha. To lazy to use a measuring tape. I have bought new khaki's from my favorite brand in size 32" and can't wait to be able to wear them. I'm now wearing size 36".

On 9/30/2022 at 12:27 PM, Nepenthe44 said:

When I was at my highest weight, it felt like my body was just running out of places to put more fat and I started getting pads of fat in weird places.

Today I noticed that my "buffalo hump" (fat pad between my shoulder blades) is gone and my back is a more normal shape. And also my "hotdog bun" (rolls of fat at the nape of my neck) is basically gone. The pad on my shin just below my kneecap is almost gone.

I'm still fat as of now, but just in the usual places.

That is awesome! I was also fatter around the waist and had big thighs to match. Not anymore now. I've a balanced body shape now but still need to lose some more weight.

I have a TMI "negative victory." I realize that's an oxymoron, but I'm serious.

Sex hurts.

My husband is rather well endowed and since I'm losing some butt fat, he is bottoming out and it KILLS. Gonna have to start doing squats to build my back end up with muscle instead of fat, so it restricts his motion again 🤦‍♀️

Told him just to shave an inch off and we'll be fine ... he didn't appreciate that. 🤣

4 hours ago, daynuhlicious said:

I have a TMI "negative victory." I realize that's an oxymoron, but I'm serious.

Sex hurts.

My husband is rather well endowed and since I'm losing some butt fat, he is bottoming out and it KILLS. Gonna have to start doing squats to build my back end up with muscle instead of fat, so it restricts his motion again 🤦‍♀️

Told him just to shave an inch off and we'll be fine ... he didn't appreciate that. 🤣

I mean... It could be worse.

Hubby picked me up yesterday without any trouble and then proceeded to tell me that I need to be more careful not to be obducted. 😅😄😄😄 He is legit scared someone is going to just pick me up and steal me. I was shocked because truthfully I have never been concerned someone would steal me, ever. But now the hubby is seriously worried about it, guess it's time for a self defense class 🤣. His worry melts my heart and makes me smile lol.

Edited by Lahela

OK, this starts with a joke I heard once a very long time ago, from a Reader's Digest, I think.

One lady (on scale) to another: I'm trying to get down to what I never thought I'd be over!

I just did. 132 lbs. YAY me!!

I realized my most recent NSV while out shopping for new pants. To give a little back story, I have always been a 30" length in pants, so in the past as my weight has fluctuated so has my pant sizes from 38x30 to 40x30, then to 42x30. Well I'm happy to report that as of today I am a 30x30 (or so I thought!!). It seems that I have actually grown taller! Well, kinda.... Since I now wear my pants at my waist aka at my bellybutton and not under my belly, I'm really a 32 length!!! It blew my mind to find out I'm taller than what my pants led me to believe 🤣.

Seriously though, it's a wonderful feeling to be in clothing sizes I never dreamed I would be able to fit in.

I CANNOT believe that I stand here in a size 10 jeans, I’m not sure I EVER even THOUGHT I would wear that size jeans! Talk about a NSV!! ( down from a 24/26 Jean)