Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

I ordered some boots that come up to mid calf (normal width) and they FIT! Like a glove!! 🥹

9 hours ago, Summermoose said:

I ordered some boots that come up to mid calf (normal width) and they FIT! Like a glove!! 🥹

I absolutely cannot wait for this. Gives me hope for this autumn!

I was in costco the other day. I don't know if this counts as a NSV but it was interesting to me. They had Protein Powder on sale and I was looking at it and it was a different version of my usual brand (Orgain) but way cheaper and I said "I wonder how this one tastes" to my husband. Another lady told me they had samples and we got to talking and I said I usually use this brand but a different version and then she was asking me questions about it and I was giving her advice on where I get the other version, how I use it, etc.
I just think it's funny that someone would talk to me about nutrition without batting an eye, not knowing that I ever weighed almost 400 pounds. It feels good but at the same time weird, because I actually was just as into health and nutrition then, I just never could eat small enough portions. I could have given the same advice 2 years ago, but no one would have asked me or believed I could know anything.
Now, I look the part.
I'm glad people aren't able to look at me and assume all the bad things they probably did before I lost weight, but it's sad too. I'm the same person.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

27 minutes ago, Spinoza said:

I absolutely cannot wait for this. Gives me hope for this autumn!

I was trying to wait but can'.t I started using boots in summer...

Well, it is not weird but definitely a NSV.

Yesterday I went through my clothes for the 6th time!

I have now donated 10 trash bags of clothes!!! 🤯

I am in a 16/18 from a 24/26, and officially in my smallest size of stashed "skinny clothes".

1 hour ago, kcuster83 said:

I am in a 16/18 from a 24/26, and officially in my smallest size of stashed "skinny clothes".

I can't wait for this!!! Congrats!

12 hours ago, kcuster83 said:

That is awesome! I had to donate all of my clothes also. I find it very hard to resist the urge to buy new and fitting clothes now. I go through the sizes very quickly. I'm down from size 52" to 38" inches (waist) pants in eight months and it feels great. I bought size 30" pants from my favorite brand (I was not able to find my size before) and I can't wait to finally be able to wear it. very soon I hope.

Hangers! I can't replace my clothes fast enough, I have a plethora of hangers!

(I just bought a new "outfit" and when I got it home, it's too big! And it was my "new" size, too!)

9 hours ago, oldandtired said:

(I just bought a new "outfit" and when I got it home, it's too big! And it was my "new" size, too!)

Oh that's a great problem to have!

10 hours ago, oldandtired said:

Awesome isn't it haha. My pans have shrunken in size and I need to buy new hangers now.

19 hours ago, oldandtired said:

I was just talking about all the hangers we have too, literally half way of the length of my closet pole is ALL HANGERS!

I was sorting my laundry yesterday and noticed that my (now much smaller and fitting) shirts have no creases on them although I've been wearing them all day to work. Having a smaller belly certainly helps 😂😂.

As I read all the post of what people are able to do now that they where not able to do before, I was thinking about what is something I can share and I found that if I had to share one thing it would be impossible because there is countless things that I can list. so the one thing you have to remember if you are planning to get a surgery is that if you are having a hard time with something due to weight and only you know what that is... know that you will be able to do that and more! This surgery for me has been a fountain of youth. yes it is hard, yes there will be moments of worry or whatever feeling you will get, but understand it is all part of the process. it does help hearing others experience but ultimately yours might be different so you cant go by that either. you have to trust the surgery, doctors, and most of all yourself. that you can do this!

I had my yearly pulmonologist appt. the other day. I've been seeing him for about 10 years, since I got diagnosed with asthma. I had suspected I had it for a long time before that, but when I got up to almost 400 pounds it got a lot worse. That year I was sick 10 months out of the year. It was awful.
Well, at this appointment the other day he said my lung function is better than normal for a woman my age (51). Like, WAY better than normal, and he doesn't need to see me anymore unless I have a problem. He also took me off my controlling inhaler with the long acting brochodilator in it and put me on a regular one that is just a steroid. I had originally had to go on the one with the brochodilator because we couldn't get my asthma under control with just a steroid.
Actually, I love this doctor and he's the best doctor I've ever had so I will miss him, but I'm so happy. I NEVER knew the impact my weight was having on my ashtma until I lost the weight. I just can't believe how much better I feel. I can't believe after struggling to get it under control for a long time, now it's like I don't even have asthma. It's amazing!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

So this caught my attention...I was chaperone at my schools homecoming Dance and I guarded a door the majority of the night, not complaining, my students found me and said hi. What struck me as a NSV is in my"fancy dress" I could cross my legs at my knees and keep them crossed with very little effort. I didn't need to hold on to my legs and frankly 3 months ago I couldn't cross my legs at the knees, I could only cross ankle to knee and I had to hold onto my foot to keep it there. I felt so refined. It was nice.