Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is the LAST thing you eat everyday? (Not pills)

I’m gonna sound like a terrible WLS patient with this but- ice cream, baked lays chips, rye chip gardettos, or everything pretzels dipped in cream cheese.

However, I’ve had 3 intestinal surgeries in a year (dec 2019-dec 2020; VSG, RNY for GERD, and a small bowel resection losing 3ft of small intestines) and I find that some days I’m pretty short on calories to keep me in maintenance and I’ve usually already hit Protein goals (100g+ daily) so good quality ice cream it is.

I ritually eat a hot homemade chickpea zucchini brownie with A spoonful of nuttzo nut butter (made of like 7 types of nuts/seeds), couple ounces of chicken, roasted fava Beans, and flax pita - and yes, all of this at once almost every night. It amounts to 8oz of food - I usually eat this about 8-9pm (dinner is at 6pm). But I’m also in maintenance mode now

1 minute ago, DenverGirl88 said:

I ritually eat a hot homemade chickpea zucchini brownie with A spoonful of nuttzo nut butter (made of like 7 types of nuts/seeds), couple ounces of chicken, roasted fava Beans, and flax pita - and yes, all of this at once almost every night. It amounts to 8oz of food - I usually eat this about 8-9pm (dinner is at 6pm). But I’m also in maintenance mode now

Do you mind sharing your brownie recipe?

Oh man this is where I’m super lazy- I barely measure anything lol. I’ve included what I entered initially into MyFitnessPal although I also add walnuts to it sometimes. It all just gets thrown into a food processor and blended till smooth except for the Lily’s baking chips- I don’t add those till i put the batter into a 9x9 pan lined with parchment paper. I kind of lay them in on top so you can see them baked. Anyhoo, I bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes or till a clean toothpick comes out (I live in Denver so the high altitude effects baking times). It can take longer if there is more zucchini than usual.

Oh!! The most important part is the zucchini. That I use a box shredder for before adding to the blender BUT it’s super important to squeeze as much liquid out of it as possible. And those puppies hold a ton of liquid. I usually use 3 medium to large zucchinis.

Once out of the oven I let them cool and cut into 12 pieces. I then individually wrap them and throw ‘em into a Gallon bag and freeze. Every night I take one out and microwave it for 60 seconds or until steaming and then put that dollop of nut butter on top- it makes it melty. It’s just soooooooo good.

I originally adapted this from recipes on Pinterest so check out chickpea zucchini brownies on there for ideas! Then just mess with it till you’re happy 😊 my taste buds don’t need much sugar anymore and I think that’s the part that weirds people out.

image-0.003933906555175781.jpg

31 minutes ago, DenverGirl88 said:

Oh man this is where I’m super lazy- I barely measure anything lol. I’ve included what I entered initially into MyFitnessPal although I also add walnuts to it sometimes. It all just gets thrown into a food processor and blended till smooth except for the Lily’s baking chips- I don’t add those till i put the batter into a 9x9 pan lined with parchment paper. I kind of lay them in on top so you can see them baked. Anyhoo, I bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes or till a clean toothpick comes out (I live in Denver so the high altitude effects baking times). It can take longer if there is more zucchini than usual.

Oh!! The most important part is the zucchini. That I use a box shredder for before adding to the blender BUT it’s super important to squeeze as much liquid out of it as possible. And those puppies hold a ton of liquid. I usually use 3 medium to large zucchinis.

Once out of the oven I let them cool and cut into 12 pieces. I then individually wrap them and throw ‘em into a Gallon bag and freeze. Every night I take one out and microwave it for 60 seconds or until steaming and then put that dollop of nut butter on top- it makes it melty. It’s just soooooooo good.

I originally adapted this from recipes on Pinterest so check out chickpea zucchini brownies on there for ideas! Then just mess with it till you’re happy 😊 my taste buds don’t need much sugar anymore and I think that’s the part that weirds people out.

image-0.003933906555175781.jpg

Interesting. I will have to try it as soon as I get cleared for regular diet. Hopefully at next appt which is Monday. Thanks.

Usually about 9 pm I have 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese and Water.