Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Question- Grilled Chicken Nuggets from Chick Fil A



Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

When you get into eating regular food can you eat the Grilled Chick Fil A Nuggets? I would think they meet the criteria and pretty dang Tasty!

Edited by Tim C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I took a road trip a few weeks ago and had to stop for food, and I got a Chick-Fil-A grilled nuggets kids meal (grilled nuggets & fruit cup). One of the best bariatric-friendly options in fast food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BigSue said:
5 minutes ago, BigSue said:

Yes, I took a road trip a few weeks ago and had to stop for food, and I got a Chick-Fil-A grilled nuggets kids meal (grilled nuggets & fruit cup). One of the best bariatric-friendly options in fast food.

Yes, I took a road trip a few weeks ago and had to stop for food, and I got a Chick-Fil-A grilled nuggets kids meal (grilled nuggets & fruit cup). One of the best bariatric-friendly options in fast food.

Awesome to hear! What is the fruit cup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tim C said:

Awesome to hear! What is the fruit cup?

Just a cup with some cut-up fruit (apples, mandarin oranges, strawberries, blueberries).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigSue said:

Just a cup with some cut-up fruit (apples, mandarin oranges, strawberries, blueberries).

1 hour ago, BigSue said:

Just a cup with some cut-up fruit (apples, mandarin oranges, strawberries, blueberries).

1 hour ago, BigSue said:

Just a cup with some cut-up fruit (apples, mandarin oranges, strawberries, blueberries).

1 hour ago, BigSue said:

Just a cup with some cut-up fruit (apples, mandarin oranges, strawberries, blueberries).

3 hours ago, Tim C said:

When you get into eating regular food can you eat the Grilled Chick Fil A Nuggets? I would think they meat the criteria and pretty dang Tasty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good to me! I will be looking forwrd to this later!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you can. I used to order the 8 piece and make at least 3 meals out of it. Since covid I haven't been there but I could probably eat most of the 4 piece now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lynnlovesthebeach said:

Yes you can. I used to order the 8 piece and make at least 3 meals out of it. Since covid I haven't been there but I could probably eat most of the 4 piece now.

Any other Chain sleeve friendly meals out there? Wendys small Chili possibly later on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Tim C said:

Any other Chain sleeve friendly meals out there? Wendys small Chili possibly later on?

There are several videos on YouTube about this topic, if you search for "fast food for WLS." Here's one that I've seen:

And yes, Wendy's chili is a popular choice. You can find options at most fast food places like salad or a grilled chicken sandwich without the bun. Some places will make you a lettuce wrap sandwich. Jimmy John's even has this on their regular menu. At Taco Bell, you can order a serving of plain meat (or add meat to a side of beans).

Honestly, I don't think it's worth it, but then, I wasn't much of a fast food eater even before surgery. I paid $6.39 for the Chick-Fil-A kids meal, and I could have cooked a chicken breast and cut up some fruit at home for much less. I have a refrigerator and freezer full of easy, healthy food, so I would only eat fast food if I'm on the go. I can count on one hand the number of times I've eaten food from restaurants since my surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BigSue said:

There are several videos on YouTube about this topic, if you search for "fast food for WLS." Here's one that I've seen:

And yes, Wendy's chili is a popular choice. You can find options at most fast food places like salad or a grilled chicken sandwich without the bun. Some places will make you a lettuce wrap sandwich. Jimmy John's even has this on their regular menu. At Taco Bell, you can order a serving of plain meat (or add meat to a side of beans).

Honestly, I don't think it's worth it, but then, I wasn't much of a fast food eater even before surgery. I paid $6.39 for the Chick-Fil-A kids meal, and I could have cooked a chicken breast and cut up some fruit at home for much less. I have a refrigerator and freezer full of easy, healthy food, so I would only eat fast food if I'm on the go. I can count on one hand the number of times I've eaten food from restaurants since my surgery.

The reason I ask is I travel a few days each month with my job. About 4 nights out on average. I will not have the convenience of my frig with me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tim C said:

Any other Chain sleeve friendly meals out there? Wendys small Chili possibly later on?

What about a dipping sauce for the grilled nuggets. Do any of those work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tim C said:

What about a dipping sauce for the grilled nuggets. Do any of those work?

I actually planned ahead and brought my own G. Hughes sugar-free BBQ Sauce, but in the absence of that, your best option is the buffalo sauce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×