Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2.5 weeks from surgery and the nerves are REAL!

Hi everyone, I've been here for a while but never posted before. But I'm just under 3 weeks away from my surgery. My nerves are going crazy. I don't know if it's because of not having my approval from insurance yet or about the actual surgery. I was denied back in December and it was so disheartening. But my Nut. and NN have helped me make sure all requirements are met this time since they were changed part way through so my fingers are crossed.

How do/did you guys get passed the jitters? I feel like literally all I do is worry about weightloss and meal planning to the point that I'm not sleeping...

Nothing to it. Follow the instructions by the surgeon and dietician to a "T" and you will be fine. I am 2 days post op with no regrets. Wish I could have done this earlier. Good luck!

Edited by Tim C

Congrats!!! How is the healing? Is it painful afterwards?

Edited by JaysWife
Meant to reply

I thought of every possible reason to talk myself out of surgery and had so many self-doubting moments! I think it's a natural part of the process. You are leaving behind a lifestyle.

I'm 2.5 months post RNY. No regrets so far and like many, wish I had done it sooner. Physically, my surgery and recovery were easy. I am still learning to slow down and chew, chew, chew. Every single day requires working on my mental relationship with food and breaking old habits and behaviors.

9 minutes ago, JaysWife said:

Congrats!!! How is the healing? Is it painful afterwards?

Maisey, I can't talk for JaysWife but had mine on the 23rd and virtually no pain. Gas will be you biggest obstacle I would suspect. Just follow the direction and you will be fine! Good luck!

7 hours ago, JaysWife said:

Hi everyone, I've been here for a while but never posted before. But I'm just under 3 weeks away from my surgery. My nerves are going crazy. I don't know if it's because of not having my approval from insurance yet or about the actual surgery. I was denied back in December and it was so disheartening. But my Nut. and NN have helped me make sure all requirements are met this time since they were changed part way through so my fingers are crossed.

How do/did you guys get passed the jitters? I feel like literally all I do is worry about weightloss and meal planning to the point that I'm not sleeping...

We are in the same boat I’m 2 weeks and 6 days away and I’m losing my mind without my insurance approval. I to was denied and now my doc and insurance is having battle and I’m caught In the middle. I’ll be praying for us both because my anxiety is through the roof

7 hours ago, JaysWife said:

3 hours ago, JustJazzy said:

We are in the same boat I’m 2 weeks and 6 days away and I’m losing my mind without my insurance approval. I to was denied and now my doc and insurance is having battle and I’m caught In the middle. I’ll be praying for us both because my anxiety is through the roof

It really is a whole mess to deal with, right? Ugh, fingers and toes crossed for you too!

Just got denied again. They said it's the same reason as before. Lack of information. No documentation of 6 months supervised weightloss program and no documentation of 24 month history of obesity. All of which my desk office says they sent. I'm waiting to hear back from the nn to see what can be done but I'm afraid this may be the end of my journey...

3 minutes ago, JaysWife said:

Just got denied again. They said it's the same reason as before. Lack of information. No documentation of 6 months supervised weightloss program and no documentation of 24 month history of obesity. All of which my desk office says they sent. I'm waiting to hear back from the nn to see what can be done but I'm afraid this may be the end of my journey...

NO! If you have the documentation then you send it to someone specifically and call them and ask if the have everything they need. That is BS! Don't give up. That is what they want you to do.

1 hour ago, JaysWife said:

I’m so sorry hopefully you can appeal it especially since you submitted the documents. I’m still waiting hAvent heard anything

2 hours ago, Tim C said:

NO! If you have the documentation then you send it to someone specifically and call them and ask if the have everything they need. That is BS! Don't give up. That is what they want you to do.

I just went back through all of my available medical history and found what I would consider to be the documentation. I have weights from every visit from the last 3 years, and all of the notes from my nut. Now I just know is I should appeal or just resubmit...

21 minutes ago, JustJazzy said:

I’m so sorry hopefully you can appeal it especially since you submitted the documents. I’m still waiting hAvent heard anything

I still have my fingers and toes crossed for both of us!! I didn't hear anything until I called into my insurance company. My drs office still hasn't gotten the denial.

2 minutes ago, JaysWife said:

I still have my fingers and toes crossed for both of us!! I didn't hear anything until I called into my insurance company. My drs office still hasn't gotten the denial.

Thank You! Apparently their was a follow up for me today so I’m giving it a little time before I start harassing them lol

1 hour ago, JaysWife said:

I just went back through all of my available medical history and found what I would consider to be the documentation. I have weights from every visit from the last 3 years, and all of the notes from my nut. Now I just know is I should appeal or just resubmit...

I would find out who the person is that is submitting this to your insurance company and email it directly to them, I would copy her boss or the office manager as well. Highlight those weights and dates. Ask her if she needs anything else. You have what you need it sounds like to me. Don't play nice. Get agressive.

Insurance Approvesssss!!! Thank you all for the prayers and good vibes