Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, JazzyJess20 said:

I am!! Minor soreness but nothing like I had been feeling before. And that gas has started to pass.

Anybody had any waves of hunger pains that come and go?

I haven’t had hunger pains. I’m alternating Gatorade and Protein Shakes, one ounce every 15 minutes. Although I’m not necessarily “hungry”, I have been craving a cheeseburger since my son had one, and also an Italian hoagie... oh well:)

Had VSG March 22nd.

2 minutes ago, Apple 22 said:

Thanks need the encouragement, because I literally woke my husband up crying my eyes out. He actually threatened to call my mom.

I completely understand. It’s hard to be patient. I keep asking my husband why I’m not invisible yet (haha).

Just had mine March 24. In that yummy clear liquid phase and will graduate to full liquids tomorrow (March28). What worries me is that I’m still feeling hunger. Drinking my Protein Water, Gatorade zero, and popsicles...want to put a chip in my mouth and spit, just to feel I’m eating! Anyone else have this issue? Anyway, this is my first post and I’m hoping to get lots of advice from you guys. I am 57, 5’4” and pre-op weight was 240. I am at 229 3 days post-op, but likely a lot of water loss...plus whatever my stomach weighed!

good luck to everyone!

4 hours ago, HeatherE said:

I haven’t had hunger pains. I’m alternating Gatorade and Protein Shakes, one ounce every 15 minutes. Although I’m not necessarily “hungry”, I have been craving a cheeseburger since my son had one, and also an Italian hoagie... oh well:)

This scares me so much. I've been having 2oz of Protein Shake every few hours; Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I'm only 4 days out, and I have started craving things too. My children got Burger King and my sense awakened to the point of me feeling like a vampire when I smelled the food.

I'm recovering at a family member's house and there is soda and sweets every where. It's begun to dawn on me that my favorites won't even be able to be attempted for at least 2-3 months. By then, I will have likely lost a significant amount of weight but still...

1 hour ago, JazzyJess20 said:

This scares me so much. I've been having 2oz of Protein Shake every few hours; Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I'm only 4 days out, and I have started craving things too. My children got Burger King and my sense awakened to the point of me feeling like a vampire when I smelled the food.

I'm recovering at a family member's house and there is soda and sweets every where. It's begun to dawn on me that my favorites won't even be able to be attempted for at least 2-3 months. By then, I will have likely lost a significant amount of weight but still...

My son had Wendy’s. Ugh... they should ban fast food now that we’ve had weight loss surgery!!! The worst part is instead of giving us a plain cheeseburger with ketchup like we ordered for my picky 6 year old, they put bacon, onion, etc. so my husband went BACK through the drive through AND we threw the first one away. My husband didn’t have the heart to eat it in front of me.

Two more weeks of liquid and then I’m going to have the best tasting single scrambled egg in the world!!!!

1 hour ago, HeatherE said:

My son had Wendy’s. Ugh... they should ban fast food now that we’ve had weight loss surgery!!! The worst part is instead of giving us a plain cheeseburger with ketchup like we ordered for my picky 6 year old, they put bacon, onion, etc. so my husband went BACK through the drive through AND we threw the first one away. My husband didn’t have the heart to eat it in front of me.

Two more weeks of liquid and then I’m going to have the best tasting single scrambled egg in the world!!!!

I’m on my last week of liquid. Almost 2 weeks post op and I’m dreaming about tuna lol I can’t wait to just eat something . My boyfriend has the nerve to ask me to cook 🙄

I'm 5 days post-op. Today I had a setback. Bad gas pain (not the gas from surgery), nausea, can't fit in all my fluids. I'm focusing on the Water and not so much the Protein Shakes because of the nausea. Just a bummer of a day bc I felt like I should feel better by now. AND I have to put my scale away bc I'm not seeing any weight loss. Patience is a virtue I guess.

I had the SADI on March 23. I feel great! I have issues with gas, but infant gas drops do the trick. I’m getting better and have more energy every day. I’ve been experimenting with the different Vitamin samples. I spend a lot of time cooking for my 4 kids and love it! I started a small herb garden on my porch today. It’s amazing how much time we have now that we aren’t preoccupied with eating. Anyone surgery twins with me???

4C9DDFC9-3B05-4B33-8084-BAB3B1E9D07D.jpeg

0A82A620-4EE6-4A2E-BFBA-709073CDE716.jpeg

6 hours ago, HeatherE said:

Hey I hear all of you. I just had surgery yesterday, came home this afternoon and barraged by food commercials, then my family had sushi while I sipped my miso Soup. But one good bit of news I read on this site, Wendy’s chili! Apparently that is a fast food we’ll (eventually ) be able to eat.

anybody else having difficulty knowing when to stop sipping. I hate to push it but I’m trying to find that magic number of sips that will make me full. For now I’m just drinking from 15/30 ml cups ever 5-10 minutes

12 hours ago, ColoRad Gal said:

I'm 5 days post-op. Today I had a setback. Bad gas pain (not the gas from surgery), nausea, can't fit in all my fluids. I'm focusing on the Water and not so much the Protein Shakes because of the nausea. Just a bummer of a day bc I felt like I should feel better by now. AND I have to put my scale away bc I'm not seeing any weight loss. Patience is a virtue I guess.

I’m sorry. I would call your doctor. See if they recommend anything for gas (Gas-x or just walking). Also you may need Gatorade or to get an IV so you don’t dehydrate. Don’t wait until you feel even worse. That’s what the doctor is there for. Hang in there. I’m thinking of you.

My March 16 date was canceled due to needing a cardiac Cath that day instead. All was good and the cardiologist cleared me my new date is March 30. Two days and counting. I start my liquid diet tomorrow. Anxious but excited at the same time.

On 3/27/2021 at 8:43 AM, Pilot my best self said:

Just had surgery yesterday. I am trying to get through a Protein Shake - the criterion before I can leave. I’m having a hard time noticing when I’m full but trying not to push it so I do t feel nauseous or foam or worse throw up. Anyone else have difficulty knowing they are full?

I haven't felt hungry or full since my surgery on March 3rd. I've been using my 4oz cups to keep portions sizes in line, and I'm starting to weigh food. It's weird because I haven't FELT full, but I just get a sense of - Okay, I'm done. I'm not trying to push my boundaries yet either so it's nice that I"m not hungry.