Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, njlimmer said:

I haven't felt hungry or full since my surgery on March 3rd. I've been using my 4oz cups to keep portions sizes in line, and I'm starting to weigh food. It's weird because I haven't FELT full, but I just get a sense of - Okay, I'm done. I'm not trying to push my boundaries yet either so it's nice that I"m not hungry.

Same here but I’ve been using a 30 ml medicine cup. I think I may have rushed it this morning. I noticed I started to feel nauseous and have felt a strong pain in my lower abdomen- gas I think. But not pleasant- I will be extra careful now. Still glad I’m not hungry.

14 minutes ago, Pilot my best self said:

Same here but I’ve been using a 30 ml medicine cup. I think I may have rushed it this morning. I noticed I started to feel nauseous and have felt a strong pain in my lower abdomen- gas I think. But not pleasant- I will be extra careful now. Still glad I’m not hungry.

Yep! I'll ride the not hungry train for as long as I can. I've discovered that I can do two sips okay, but the third makes everything feel tight. I have my Apple watch set to go off every 3 minutes and I take 1 sip. That's easy for me to do and doesn't make me uncomfortable. I'm trying to push it to two sips, but one is super easy.

23 minutes ago, njlimmer said:

Yep! I'll ride the not hungry train for as long as I can. I've discovered that I can do two sips okay, but the third makes everything feel tight. I have my Apple watch set to go off every 3 minutes and I take 1 sip. That's easy for me to do and doesn't make me uncomfortable. I'm trying to push it to two sips, but one is super easy.

Per my doctor I have one ounce every 15 minutes for three weeks. Today is day one of week two.

Hello everyone We made it out alive and well. Sore full off gas. And unsure what exactly I can have. So far I’ve had Water. Decafe tea My sister made be Bone Broth from scratch and thank god cause it was painful drinking plane broth or should I say tryn too sugar free Popsicles are geat but I can’t finish it either

12 hours ago, Kimberly1983@@ said:

Hello everyone We made it out alive and well. Sore full off gas. And unsure what exactly I can have. So far I’ve had Water. Decafe tea My sister made be Bone Broth from scratch and thank god cause it was painful drinking plane broth or should I say tryn too sugar free Popsicles are geat but I can’t finish it either

I was told to alternate one ounce every 15 minutes of Gatorade Thirst Quenchers or Protein Shake. The shake is to get in Protein and Gatorade is carbs and electrolytes. It is important to stay hydrated. I was also told everything has to be put in one ounce cups to measure Fluid intake so I don’t get dehydrated. Bought a bunch on Amazon. Hope that helps. Good luck.

11 hours ago, American_beauty said:

Ugh! 2 weeks of liquid diet pre-op + 6 days postop now = 0 pounds lost.

what in the world?!!! Is this normal

I’m sorry. I would check with your doctor and ask whether that’s normal.

29 minutes ago, HeatherE said:

I was told to alternate one ounce every 15 minutes of Gatorade Thirst Quenchers or Protein Shake. The shake is to get in Protein and Gatorade is carbs and electrolytes. It is important to stay hydrated. I was also told everything has to be put in one ounce cups to measure Fluid intake so I don’t get dehydrated. Bought a bunch on Amazon. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Ty@Heather E I will order my cups now that makes soo much sense

On 02/19/2021 at 17:37, BeautimusMaxximus08 said:

Yesss!! Do you have any ideas for some savory liquids? I’m so over the sweet stuff!! 😩😩

Check out the brand called Unjury. They have a chili and chicken Santa Fe Soup flavored Protein Powder. Mix it with chicken bone broth!!!

On 03/09/2021 at 04:03, sasha91 said:

Sleeve on March 18 .. so nervous

Hey I had my surgery on the 18th too!!! How are you doing?

On 03/11/2021 at 16:15, Irish Gal said:

March 17. Luck o the Irish!

Hey! I was sleeved the day after! How are you holding up?!

On 03/23/2021 at 06:02, BeckyTx said:

March 16, I’m 1 week post op. Let me tell you, when I woke up after surgery I was like omg what did I do?! That pain was no joke! I had 2 c sections before and that pain does not compare LOL

So good to know!
I thought I was the only one who woke up in pain! Sorry you went through it too but glad I’m not alone. My surgery was March 18th and I STILL have abdominal pain. How is yours?

On 3/29/2021 at 11:26 PM, American_beauty said:

Ugh! 2 weeks of liquid diet pre-op + 6 days postop now = 0 pounds lost.

what in the world?!!! Is this normal

I know I didn’t lose a lot pre-op. Just 2-3 lbs. and post op I gained for the first few days due to fluids and swelling. Now I’m exactly 7 days post surgery and down almost 10 lbs. so I think it catches up eventually. I hope you are starting to feel and see a difference.

Btw-Had cottage cheese yesterday - 1 day before my purée phase starts but I couldn’t wait to eat some other than liquid. Pre-op I hated cottage cheese but yesterday it was the best thing I’ve ever tasted!😋 not sure if it’s my taste buds changing as others have noted or if I was just desperate for a change. Hoping I’ll feel the same about salads😉

3 days post op now. Gas pain was the worst, but better today. Was able to drink Water the 2nd day, but in very small doses. Also able to eat broth, still a little sore on my left side, I’m assuming from where they took the stomach out of. But I’m so rdy to take on this new journey. 🙏🤗