Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

19 minutes ago, jmarie26 said:

I had surgery on March 8th. Thankfully mine was a breeze. I haven't even taken Tylenol since being discharged from the hospital. I had a tonsillectomy in college and I was in absolute agony, so I was nervous. Thankfully this was a much easier experience.

Now if only I could drink a Protein Shake without gagging, life would be great..... (I did not have issues with them pre-op. Post-op, I cannot do it. Switched brands, no better.)

Maybe try a Protein Water?

I’m new to this forum. I’m scheduled for a gastric bypass March 29. I also feel scared and excited. The scared part is because I’ve had a few major surgeries in the last 10 years with post op complications. So I have a little PTSD when it comes to major surgery.

March 16, I’m 1 week post op. Let me tell you, when I woke up after surgery I was like omg what did I do?! That pain was no joke! I had 2 c sections before and that pain does not compare LOL

“struggled hard with the anesthesia which kept me nauseous for a solid 48 hours.”

Did they give you anti nausea medicine? I have bad reactions with anesthesia too. I didn’t mention to the anesthesiologist once and I felt like you described. It was horrible.
Now every surgery I let the anesthesiologist know and they are able to add anti nausea medicine to the drip or whatever they are doing and I have not had issues post surgery.

10 hours ago, Pilot my best self said:

“struggled hard with the anesthesia which kept me nauseous for a solid 48 hours.”

Did they give you anti nausea medicine? I have bad reactions with anesthesia too. I didn’t mention to the anesthesiologist once and I felt like you described. It was horrible.
Now every surgery I let the anesthesiologist know and they are able to add anti nausea medicine to the drip or whatever they are doing and I have not had issues post surgery.

I was prescribed Emend for nausea. I don’t ask for any, but it was part of my surge I’d protocol..

3 hours ago, HeatherE said:

I was prescribed Emend for nausea. I don’t ask for any, but it was part of my surge I’d protocol..

Was that during or post surgery. I have ondansetron as part of my post surgery meds along with a medication to prevent gallstones, heartburn and pain medication of course. but I can never remember what they do for surgery to offset the nausea from the anesthesia. I think the presurgery sedative has kicked in by the time they are explaining it to me.

On 3/16/2021 at 10:46 PM, Dmcca1 said:

Just had mine March 1st!

Me too!

I found this site after my surgery, had lots of questions.

How are you doing?

For me, I was feeling weak and tired most of the time so far, couldn't keep my Vitamins down. Now I switched to gummies so hopefully that will help.

Also, does anyone else feel like they don't know what to do with their time anymore since they can no longer eat all the time? Lol

I keep looking at pictures of food that I can order but I don't because I know I can't eat it.

I just had my surgery yesterday. The pain is more soreness than anything. But the trapped gas in my stomach is the most annoying, uncomfortable feeling in the world. I've walked; attempted to lay on my side and nothing. I burped a little but nothing significant from either end. Someone, PLEASE help!

2 hours ago, JazzyJess20 said:

I just had my surgery yesterday. The pain is more soreness than anything. But the trapped gas in my stomach is the most annoying, uncomfortable feeling in the world. I've walked; attempted to lay on my side and nothing. I burped a little but nothing significant from either end. Someone, PLEASE help!

Honestly all I can says is walk more. Have you taken any chewable gas x?

3 hours ago, JazzyJess20 said:

Same thing happened with me, the gas pain was the worst.

I was given an IV gas medicine, I have no idea what it was.

But I think what really helped was sipping on Water, I couldn't drink much but enough to throw up a bit, and I burped a lot doing that, then felt much better, kept doing that until I was no longer in pain.

Edited by Lubelle

8 hours ago, Pilot my best self said:

Was that during or post surgery. I have ondansetron as part of my post surgery meds along with a medication to prevent gallstones, heartburn and pain medication of course. but I can never remember what they do for surgery to offset the nausea from the anesthesia. I think the presurgery sedative has kicked in by the time they are explaining it to me.

I had the Emend pre-surgery. Nothing after surgery, I hope you feel better!

On 3/20/2021 at 8:08 PM, Jmeisme said:

My daughter and I are going together surgery is March 25 sooooo excited

I am on march 25th! We got this😁

March 25th surgeries we are on deck! I AM SO HYPED FOR THIS TO JUST HAPPEN ALREADY. But still just bit anxious I pray for an easy recovery for all🙏. Lets keep positive and get ready for the next phase in this journey 💞

2 hours ago, Lahela said:

March 25th surgeries we are on deck! I AM SO HYPED FOR THIS TO JUST HAPPEN ALREADY. But still just bit anxious I pray for an easy recovery for all🙏. Lets keep positive and get ready for the next phase in this journey 💞

You’ll do great! I’m a week post op and feel great just a lil sore from also having my hernia repaired! You guys got this! Best of luck to all the rest of the Marchers! We did it.