Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I had surgery on 3/18. Gastric Sleeve. Weight before surgery was 436. After liquid diet and day before surgery, I was 394. Almost 4 weeks out now, Thursday will be 4 weeks, and I weighed 342.6 this morning. I have no had any issues with nausea or vomiting. I had gas for a few days after but it quickly subsided. The pain has been the worse. Today, out of nowhere, I felt a pop down there and magically all the pain has disappeared. Fearing the worse, I called and went and got a sonogram today. Everything is fine and I am finally pain free. My biggest issue is liquids. I can drink the Water and everything but all this sugar free stuff tastes like absolute crap. It's killing me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thatdude said:

I had surgery on 3/18. Gastric Sleeve. Weight before surgery was 436. After liquid diet and day before surgery, I was 394. Almost 4 weeks out now, Thursday will be 4 weeks, and I weighed 342.6 this morning. I have no had any issues with nausea or vomiting. I had gas for a few days after but it quickly subsided. The pain has been the worse. Today, out of nowhere, I felt a pop down there and magically all the pain has disappeared. Fearing the worse, I called and went and got a sonogram today. Everything is fine and I am finally pain free. My biggest issue is liquids. I can drink the Water and everything but all this sugar free stuff tastes like absolute crap. It's killing me.

This is fantastic m, congrats! When did you weight 436? Almost 100 lbs is amazing but I’m curious the time frame. I started at 492 on 3/11, surgery was 3/25 I was 471 and as of 4/11 i was 439. So I’ve lost 50+ in about a month. I know that won’t continue but a good start. You’re killing it bro!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thatdude said:

I had surgery on 3/18. Gastric Sleeve. Weight before surgery was 436. After liquid diet and day before surgery, I was 394. Almost 4 weeks out now, Thursday will be 4 weeks, and I weighed 342.6 this morning. I have no had any issues with nausea or vomiting. I had gas for a few days after but it quickly subsided. The pain has been the worse. Today, out of nowhere, I felt a pop down there and magically all the pain has disappeared. Fearing the worse, I called and went and got a sonogram today. Everything is fine and I am finally pain free. My biggest issue is liquids. I can drink the Water and everything but all this sugar free stuff tastes like absolute crap. It's killing me.

I have found that Vitamin Water zero qnd mio liquid drops have been my best friend. I also bought BariWise sugar free hot chocolate. 15 g of Protein in only 8 ozs of water. Today I made two packets in 16 ozs of water. Meaning I got 30 g protein in andd 16 ozs of liquids so that is a great way to go of you're sick of shakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thatdude said:

I had surgery on 3/18. Gastric Sleeve. Weight before surgery was 436. After liquid diet and day before surgery, I was 394. Almost 4 weeks out now, Thursday will be 4 weeks, and I weighed 342.6 this morning. I have no had any issues with nausea or vomiting. I had gas for a few days after but it quickly subsided. The pain has been the worse. Today, out of nowhere, I felt a pop down there and magically all the pain has disappeared. Fearing the worse, I called and went and got a sonogram today. Everything is fine and I am finally pain free. My biggest issue is liquids. I can drink the Water and everything but all this sugar free stuff tastes like absolute crap. It's killing me.

I have had some new and confusing tummy upset with plain Water that I never had before so I've been experimenting. I really like the Tazo teas and if you make a 1:1 sweet orange and passion it tastes a little sweet with none of the gross sugar free flavor. It's even better iced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mike Long said:

This is fantastic m, congrats! When did you weight 436? Almost 100 lbs is amazing but I’m curious the time frame. I started at 492 on 3/11, surgery was 3/25 I was 471 and as of 4/11 i was 439. So I’ve lost 50+ in about a month. I know that won’t continue but a good start. You’re killing it bro!

Last I remember weighing pre surgery was aerond March 2nd or 3rd. I lost weight easily before surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking in on a Friday night! How is everyone doing? I am almost 2 months since my surgery was March 1st. I am eating a little more but still very restricted as far as amount of intake at one time. I have found Quest chips crave my need to "having a crunching sound" when eating. Weight from surgery date is 34 lbs and 54 lbs all together. I have way more energy and each week seems to be better. The hardest part has been the acid reflux and constipation. TMI. If I could figure out those 2 issues, all would be really good! Would love to hear how the rest of you are doing!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, GaGirlGettingHealthy said:

Checking in on a Friday night! How is everyone doing? I am almost 2 months since my surgery was March 1st. I am eating a little more but still very restricted as far as amount of intake at one time. I have found Quest chips crave my need to "having a crunching sound" when eating. Weight from surgery date is 34 lbs and 54 lbs all together. I have way more energy and each week seems to be better. The hardest part has been the acid reflux and constipation. TMI. If I could figure out those 2 issues, all would be really good! Would love to hear how the rest of you are doing!!

I was 5 weeks post op yesterday. Like you I’m barely eating. I have no desire to eat and when I do it’s forced. Nothing sounds good at all. I’m having difficulty swallowing all the pills required (which I never had any issues before). This is a mental battle. I haven’t had any pain or discomfort or any real physical issues other than getting a little lightheaded when getting up to fast at times. I’ve managed to cut one of my blood pressure meds in half so that’s good. I’ve lost 70 lbs in 7 weeks (5 weeks post op & 2 weeks pre op diet). While I’ve lost a good amount of weight, I hate that I have zero hunger and I can barely eat. It sucks majorly. But I’m hopeful that as time goes by that will change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2021 at 8:17 PM, Mike Long said:

I was 5 weeks post op yesterday. Like you I’m barely eating. I have no desire to eat and when I do it’s forced. Nothing sounds good at all. I’m having difficulty swallowing all the pills required (which I never had any issues before). This is a mental battle. I haven’t had any pain or discomfort or any real physical issues other than getting a little lightheaded when getting up to fast at times. I’ve managed to cut one of my blood pressure meds in half so that’s good. I’ve lost 70 lbs in 7 weeks (5 weeks post op & 2 weeks pre op diet). While I’ve lost a good amount of weight, I hate that I have zero hunger and I can barely eat. It sucks majorly. But I’m hopeful that as time goes by that will change.

Congrats on the blood pressure medicine cutting! I was able to do the same. I have found several bits of food throughout the day helps. One thing I found was the Quest Protein chips. They help with hunger and allow me to feel like I am "eating" with the chewing. I had similar with pills. I did get a pill cutter which helped with swallowing pills. Just some ideas. The weight you have loss is awesome!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GaGirlGettingHealthy said:

Congrats on the blood pressure medicine cutting! I was able to do the same. I have found several bits of food throughout the day helps. One thing I found was the Quest Protein chips. They help with hunger and allow me to feel like I am "eating" with the chewing. I had similar with pills. I did get a pill cutter which helped with swallowing pills. Just some ideas. The weight you have loss is awesome!!!

How do the chips taste? I have a hard time thinking they’ll be appetizing not being “real” chips. I take the ProCare bariatric multi Vitamin and it can’t be cut in half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am 5 wks post op and have lost 30 lbs since surgery. Sometimes I feel like this is not enough weight loss and it is frustrating. Anyone else in the 30 lb since day of surgery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be six weeks post op tomorrow and was down 34.8 lbs as of yesterday. I’m having a hard time finding anything appetizing to eat and I’m rarely hungry so it’s mostly yogurt these days. My liquids are going down easier lately and I’m grateful for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Lahela said:

I am 5 wks post op and have lost 30 lbs since surgery. Sometimes I feel like this is not enough weight loss and it is frustrating. Anyone else in the 30 lb since day of surgery?

I would look at it as a % at this point. I’m 5 weeks and a few days post op and I’m 70+ lbs but I also started at 492 (two weeks pre op). So unless you were as heavy as I was, your % might be close to the same or even better. Just food for thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Marie2021 said:

I will be six weeks post op tomorrow and was down 34.8 lbs as of yesterday. I’m having a hard time finding anything appetizing to eat and I’m rarely hungry so it’s mostly yogurt these days. My liquids are going down easier lately and I’m grateful for that.

I’ll be 6 weeks post op on Thursday and I’m in the same exact boat. Minus the yogurt. I have zero hunger, get full after a few bites and nothing sounds or looks appetizing. I know this is the design but it’s demoralizing at the same time. Total and complete mental battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×