Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

37 minutes ago, Orinskye said:

Surgery went well. I don’t know what I said or did while I was out of it, but everyone was all like “ohhhhh. I know YOU!” Do you remember me?!”🤨

My check in was 7:45, I don’t know what time surgery was because my phone was out away the whole time and I had no glasses on. But I finally got my phone back in recovery about 1:00.

im not doing too good on liquids/protein though. I got home at 5 pm and I have only gotten down about 10 ounces today. I pretty much passed out as soon as I got home so I have pretty much been asleep all day 🤷🏼‍♀️

I thought about you all day today... i am glad to hear your home... my dr. Told me not to worry about oz the first day do as much as u can and dont push yourself... start tomorrow use the little cups they gave u and time ur shots through out the day!!! You got this !!!

I’m good. Pain wise is nothing really. I’ve lived with chronic pain my whole life so I have a super high tolerance. I haven’t taken anything for it.... not even Tylenol.

I don’t want to over do it on sipping and I feel like I’m constantly behind. Today it’s 7:20 and I’ve only been able to get in 28 ounces. How many ounces do you drink at once? I’m hesitant to go more than one 😬 puking is the most absolute worst feeling in the world for me and I haven’t puked at all.... I don’t want to start now.

it’s an odd feeling. I was starving on the two day clear liquid prior to surgery but after surgery it’s so strange to not have any feelings whatsoever towards eating. I had a few Jell-O shots today just to spice things up, but it wasn’t because I was “hungry”.

I was able to take a shower today which was also nice. The incisions themselves are like small hickies lol. Nothing too bad. I admit I saw one post on here where someone had super bad bruising, I’m glad I only have four tiny bruises.

I got the call from the nurse today. Right as I was napping of course lol. And she was happy with my intake and my lack of meds/pain etc. when I was in recovery I had a bunch of people stop by to see me (I guess I’m like a freak of nature lol. The same thing happened when I was in recovery after having my kids. I bounce back from medical stuff super fast). They pointed out a woman next to me (I swear she looked like something out of the walking dead) and told me that most people look like her afterwords and having one like me is a rarity.... hence the parade of curious staff .🤷🏼‍♀️

im looking forward to doing opaque stuff. I want Soup 😊

the talking stomach thing is also pretty wild. Any time I take anything my stomach gurgles away. Pre surgery that was a hungry thing but now it’s not.

al in all I’m doing well.

I’m good thanks for asking. I’m excellent on liquid intake (today I got 64 ounces in easy peasy and also 60 grams of protein).
the only thing I struggle with is the fatigue. It hits me FAST. If I have to run downstairs for a Water refill.... I have to make sure I rest when I get back upstairs because if I try to take a shower after doing that much activity? It’s not good. I just don’t have the energy to run downstairs and then jump in the shower/shave/wash hair etc. it’s too much.
short bursts of energy are my friend these days. Lol

i can also sneeze without it hurting and I can take a deep breath now without any residual pain (the pain I think was from the gas) .
ive lost a fair amount considering I had the surgery less than a week ago. Going into surgery I was at 293 ish... then I started my pre op liquids... and then surgery.... I am now at 276. I haven’t been this low since high school.
I got called the day after surgery but nothing since then. The dr will call me on April 6th. But anything else they made sure I had their number and to just call if I have issues (which I don’t). I never took pain medication and I only took Tylenol for the first day or two. The belly binder torture device I only used the first two days as well. Lol

how are you doing? You are onto puréed food now right?

I am glad you’re doing well.

I am just surprised with the fatigue. I did not know it could get bad. I have chronic fatigue and I hope I bounce back quickly from it.

I have a question.. TMI sorry! But are you able to go bathroom ok? I heard Constipation is a side effect, also have you had issues with Gerd after surgery?

2 hours ago, Samym said:

I am glad you’re doing well.

I am just surprised with the fatigue. I did not know it could get bad. I have chronic fatigue and I hope I bounce back quickly from it.

I have a question.. TMI sorry! But are you able to go bathroom ok? I heard constipation is a side effect, also have you had issues with Gerd after surgery?

No issues with gerd. And as far as going to the bathroom...... I was sent home with clear lax. I mixed it with 8 ounces of Isopure drink (completely tasteless). I had one normal poop after surgery and the nurse told me that we shouldn’t count that one and to keep taking the clearlax until I get another. I continued taking the clearlax and the next one I had (three days later) was diarrhea..... which they don’t want to see because you can get dehydrated that way. She told me to stop taking it and I haven’t had anything yet. So we will see. My “normal” was to poop every three to five days or so prior to surgery. I haven’t had any feelings like I have to go but can’t do I am assuming that the liquids only diet will stretch my normal out by more days 🤷🏼‍♀️

Did my follow up this morning and I got the thumbs up to start my Vitamin regimen and also start the next stage for food. Yay!

I tried the ricotta bake (minus the harder to digest cheeses) and it tasted AMaZING.
I have sugar free pudding, applesauce, refried Beans, and mashed potatoes ready to go. I’m not into puréed meat.... so that won’t be happening. I will be at this stage for two weeks. I am still not feeling the hunger. I really just “blah” about food in general. I will have to remind myself to start alarms to tell me when to eat. With just two Protein Shakes a day it was easy, but now I will have to get down two Protein shakes in between “meals” (like 2 tablespoons worth lol) and can’t drink 30 minutes before the meals. Etc. So it’s going to be more tricky until I find a Rhythm

for the last stage I was in: the Jell-O shots were a fail. I really didn’t care for them. They were too sweet. I’m likely going to end up just letting my kids go nuts on them. I might try again with Jello and Greek yogurt mixed together to make a mousse type thing. The yogurt may tone it down a bit.

I’m so glad that you are doing well. Overall you been feeling ok? Are you still real tired?

7 hours ago, Samym said:

I’m so glad that you are doing well. Overall you been feeling ok? Are you still real tired?

Overall I’m doing great. But yes.... I’m still really tired. I took the kids down to the beach today and by the time I got home I was exhausted. I had issues yesterday because I was doing a lot of activity (bending up and down cleaning stuff because we have inspectors coming) and I started to get lightheaded. But that hasn’t happened today at all with taking the kids to the beach. I’m not cleared to go back to work until after April 19th so I still have a lot of time to get back to the swing of things before it’s a normal routine. I’m sure it will be difficult at first of this exhaustion keeps up though lol

Well......I may have mentioned I get a tad dizzy when I stand up fast. It hasn’t really been that big of an issue...... until yesterday.
yesterday I full on feinted. I had gotten up from a laying down position quickly because I needed to grab my youngest and on my way back I started to feel dizzy, my vision darkened to the point where I could see nothing, and my legs went out from under me. I just dropped.

End result: I was taken off one of my meds because it was causing steep blood pressure drops

Oh no! I hope you’re ok. Is that a side effect or was it only do to your meds?
overall how are you doing? Are you able to eat and feel good?

27 minutes ago, Samym said:

Oh no! I hope you’re ok. Is that a side effect or was it only do to your meds?
overall how are you doing? Are you able to eat and feel good?

It wasn’t a side effect of the surgery. It was my meds. My dr originally prescribed that pill because it would help blood flow to my kidneys and improve kidney function. I was prescribed half a pill at the lowest dosage (and that was when I was 310 pounds). But now.... I’m in the 260 something range....

it doesn’t make sense to split that small amount of dosage even further so they took me off the pill altogether. The pill was one that increases blood flow by relaxing the blood vessels and thus also lowers blood pressure. It was doing exactly what it was supposed to do.... but I’m at the weight point where it worked too well and they don’t think I need it anymore

Which is a good thing . Less meds!

So today was my first day back at work as a sub teacher. I work tomorrow and Monday as well.
I felt GREAT. As soon as I got off that blood pressure pill my dizzy issues went away completely. I can WALK from one end of campus to the other multiple times a day and my feet are only a bit sore (before I could barely limp to my car).
I must have walked across campus (which isn’t small) at least twelve times. I can keep up with the kids. I don’t have to leave class five minutes early to make it to pick up the kids on time, it takes my 1/10 the time to walk now than it did before.
No one has seen me since before I had surgery and I was already losing weight before... so now .... everyone was a tad shocked by how well I walk and how much I’ve changed.
In looking at my step count I am curbing way more calories walking than I am taking in. Now that I am actually walking more I will be able to take off the weight that much more

super happy!

That is really good. Do you know how much you have lost?
I am still waiting for my surgery. Hopefully it will come soon. I called the doctor a couple weeks ago and they are still back logged.