Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

34 minutes ago, jsoderquist1 said:

We're do go for the class

Sent from my moto e6 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am confused on what you are asking. Are you trying to ask where to go for classes?
If so: all classes are online right now due to covid.

Kaiser patients have to go through a “weight loss boot camp” that includes ten weeks of classes on how to eat, what the procedures look like, etc. it also depends on region. Some Kaiser members don’t have to do classes at all, others go for shorter time periods, some longer... it really depends on the region you are in.

On 1/17/2021 at 4:10 PM, Orinskye said:

They have no plan for resuming surgeries as of yet.
I talked to my nephrologist last week and he told me surgeries are on hold for sure until the end of January. He said if numbers go down and they resume quickly I could have it by mid February, but that would be like “at the earliest scenario”. He said more likely would be March or April.
I’m in a good position though, because once they resume surgeries they will start scheduling and they will get caught up with those people who were bumped. I don’t have to do a two week liquid diet like other people would have to do so I could get moved through more quickly (crossing my fingers anyways lol)

Any updates for you guys? I had my surgeon apt on Friday... was very brief about 10 minutes really didnt say much just asked which surgery i was interested in ... I expected more

4 hours ago, baritheri said:

Any updates for you guys? I had my surgeon apt on Friday... was very brief about 10 minutes really didnt say much just asked which surgery i was interested in ... I expected more

Nope not yet. Ive been watching the news closely because the covid numbers are falling as are hospitalizations. They were blocked for sure through January.... I was hoping they would have some news about reopening surgeries but I haven’t heard anything. When I talked to my nephrologist he mentioned possibly mid February/March.
they actually found another “problem” in my continued labs. My PTH hormone level went nuts within the last three months. I had normal levels up until three months ago and then it went astronomically high. They have me on a medication for 6 weeks and then if it doesn’t help I will likely have to have surgery for that in the coming months as well (hypoparathyroidism) . I wish they could just do it all at once 😅.

it’s made me more determined than ever though. My health is going downhill. I need a reset

I have another appointment with the doctor before I speak to surgeon this week. She said the surgery where on hold but hoping to open back up very soon. I think they should open up. There are other hospitals doing the surgery. I hope we all get our dates soon.

They just announced that the statewide hospital surge order is rescinded. That means they should be opening up again!
They had about two weeks worth of surgeries bumped in December and halted scheduling for any cases/classes after that. I’m hoping that we get the first groups in scheduling the coming weeks.

That is wonderful news! I just got approved and finished all my appointments just waiting on call for surgery.

22 minutes ago, Samym said:

That is wonderful news! I just got approved and finished all my appointments just waiting on call for surgery.

Me too. I guess from what I’ve been told they add you to a long list.
the scheduler goes down the list and then schedules you as their times open up. The first ones are obviously the people who got bumped.... then the people that finished the classes but never got scheduled (I was in one of three different groups that had about 20-30 people in them in this category).

My surgeon wanted to do a meet a week before surgery (whenever that is) to go over everything and get extra labs and stuff done.

I’m getting more excited. I’m going to spend the next week or so looking over the post op info to refresh my memory. My eating has still been good and I’m still losing weight but the classes happened over a month ago and I just need a refresher.

I had my surgeon apt last week the surgeon said everything was good to go but i still havent heard anything about a psych eval...

45 minutes ago, baritheri said:

I had my surgeon apt last week the surgeon said everything was good to go but i still havent heard anything about a psych eval...

Maybe your surgeons pre qualifications are different?

I would think it would have been flagged if you NOT having one was an issue. If you are uncomfortable just letting it be and possibly getting held up at the last minute you could always call and ask?

the psych eval thing was the one thing they lagged on and didn’t follow up on. I had to tell them I hadn’t done it. (They had called to tell me I needed to do labs..... which I had already done. So when they were on the phone I asked about a psych eval and they said “oh yeah.... you do need that” and scheduled me for that instead). So they didn’t really seek me out to schedule that one and in our classes they came up with a few verbal reminders of “you need to call and get this scheduled if you haven’t done it” which could easily be missed if you weren’t hanging on every word 😅 (totally guilty of doing other things when we had class and just had my headphones on while I multitasked)

Im so excited just had my last appointment with the surgeon. Im on the waiting list. I hope they reopen soon.

10 minutes ago, Samym said:

Im so excited just had my last appointment with the surgeon. Im on the waiting list. I hope they reopen soon.

Did they give any indication in when that might be? Hospitalizations in Orange County have dropped in half at this point (from the highest surge point) and I was expecting them to start making calls but haven’t heard anything and after poking around I am still hearing things are not back yet

He told me that they are hoping it will start up soon in Bariatrics. They gave the go ahead on other surgeries already. He said that they are just behind the Dec and Jan folks and then I can get scheduled.

That’s good to hear, I think I am one of the january folks since that’s when I was put on the waitlist (???)

hopefully that’s the case :)

When i had my surgeon apt he told me they weren't going in order... he said that alot of people waiting since December gained weight and they were going to have to lose weight before moving forward.. he said people that are "ready and have been keeping up" were going to get scheduled first... whatever that means... i dont know how i feel about it .. im on a weight roller-coaster