Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Incisional Scars and Creams?

My scars are looking lighter but they're still visible. I'm about 2 months post op and was wondering if anyone knows of a good scar cream? I've been using Vitamin E.

I swear by bio oil though I understand some people react to the fragrance in it. Vitamin E was always the go to for scarring. What ever you use just gently massage the scar when applying it. I did it twice a day.

Congrats on your surgery.

@Mr Alley Gator - how much of it do you go through? It looks huge on the screen, but is only one ounce, so I am curious how many jars it would take...? I tend to scar poorly, so I am interested in this thread as well.

I too would like to know since it is only a 1 oz cream

Bio Oil top ingredient is mineral oil --- which is made from petroleum... IE, baby oil... which I don't let touch my skin.

On 10/28/2020 at 10:45 AM, GivinItMyALL said:

@Mr Alley Gator - how much of it do you go through? It looks huge on the screen, but is only one ounce, so I am curious how many jars it would take...? I tend to scar poorly, so I am interested in this thread as well.

I used one jar over a week on my incisions just touch a q tip to it and rub it on every other day

This is the one I use every day my dermatologist prescribed this one

https://www.amazon.com/Bloom-Collagen-Intensive-moisturizer-extracts/dp/B07GFV9LBX/ref=sr_1_11?crid=DPE9OYNVUC6C&dchild=1&keywords=skin+tightening+lotion+for+loose+skin&qid=1604050629&sprefix=skin+tig%2Caps%2C187&sr=8-11

Edited by Mr Alley Gator

A neighbor of mine who got a Tummy Tuck swears by silicone tape. Haven't tried it myself, but my wife has been putting it on our youngest who got stiches on his forehead a week before I got my sleeve.

I know Neosporin has an ointment that lists that it can be used on scars, I used it for awhile after my surgery, it is worth a try.