Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Swelling and pain upper left side of stomach, 3 weeks post op bypass

Hello I'm new to bariatric pals, this is my first day actually. Im still trying to figure out how to fix my profile to show post op instead of pre op??

As far as my stomach issue, I do plan to call my surgeon in the morning. I am wondering if anyone else experienced this issue? I knew to expect pain on the left side however surgery soreness has improved everywhere except this one place is like along my ribs and an area about as big as my hand it is visible swollen and is a dull pain mostly except when I reach or bend I feel a sharp pain and it's gotten worse about every day.

Am I alone in this?

Hi there...to change your profile, up in the right hand corner next to your name, click on the drop down arrow. Then click on my surgery, this will allow you to change your status.

Hope all goes well with the Dr. today!

Also, I think I had to change my profile in the app, rather than just online.

Please keep us posted on what the doc says.

Good thoughts for you today!

Thank you ☺️ I waited all day for the nurse to return my call and at 4 she said it could be a pulled muscle because when I got home from the hospital I had a lot of unexpected sneezing fits, that hurt like hell, but she thinks I just pulled a muscle near my left ribs?? Would that cause swelling? Idk but if it doesn't get better I'll see my primary Dr and see what he says.

Also still can't find the surgery option in my drop box but I'll check the app.

Thank you again I do appreciate your advice!!

I have looked and tried to find the surgery option on the app and online and it is just not there. I'm so frustrated and not gonna be messing with it anymore. This app doesn't like me lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 10/11/2020 at 11:23 PM, Alsgal said:

Hello I'm new to bariatric pals, this is my first day actually. Im still trying to figure out how to fix my profile to show post op instead of pre op??

As far as my stomach issue, I do plan to call my surgeon in the morning. I am wondering if anyone else experienced this issue? I knew to expect pain on the left side however surgery soreness has improved everywhere except this one place is like along my ribs and an area about as big as my hand it is visible swollen and is a dull pain mostly except when I reach or bend I feel a sharp pain and it's gotten worse about every day.

Am I alone in this?

I am one week post op, but this is an area that I feel a ton of pressure. I described it to my doctor: “when I sit up and lean even a little bit forward, it feels like there is a ball that my rib is pressing into and it causes a ton of pressure in my chest and abdomen”. They said it could still be gas, but is most likely swelling. The only thing there is your spleen, other than your stomach. Maybe that’s where a lot of work was done? In the hospital, they mentioned that the doctor moves your diaphragm during surgery, so some people have pain and swelling there, as this was a major site of pain when I was there. Interested to hear if you figured anything out or if it subsided!