Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Post-Op Thread

hi all just read these posts you all doing great. and for those that are having difficulties im so sorry but chin up there is always light at the tunnel. I had my surgery december 12th 07. surgery and recovery went great im down 32 pounds i had my first fill this past monday and i feel great. But i need another fill even though i feel restriction through the day i need some restriction at night. but all and all me and my band skinny are doing great!:whoo:

Rochelle, is that 32 pounds since surgery or from the beginning of your journey?

Ladies. I need some help here. I am 1 month out and still get bloated after eating. I am concerned because I'm not eating. I can basically eat anything but not much of it. If I eat more than 1/4 cup I get bloated. I am trying to eat my 60 grams of protien so focus on foods high in protien.

side effect of bloating (gas) I burp like trucker. my grandbabies love it, but I'm getting tired of it.

hello again all just checkin in its now january 23rd and im down a total of 37 pounds since my surgery. i need more restriction though. starting to be more hungry and be able to eat more. im trying to limit the best i can but its becoming a little hard. i go back to doc on february 4th thank god. good luck all with journey.

Ladies. I need some help here. I am 1 month out and still get bloated after eating. I am concerned because I'm not eating. I can basically eat anything but not much of it. If I eat more than 1/4 cup I get bloated. I am trying to eat my 60 grams of protien so focus on foods high in protien.

side effect of bloating (gas) I burp like trucker. my grandbabies love it, but I'm getting tired of it.

I find that if you stick to low-carb eating that will help drastically with the bloating. Also, make sure that you are not gulping air with each bite that also may be contributing to the excess air build up. Good luck and be well. KKG

Polo loco ... I LOVE that place. Every time I go to Miami, I HAVE to eat there. they have the BEST chicken ever. I would love to have a recipe similar to theirs. Any ideas???

El Pollo Loco Chicken

1 cup White wine vinegar

1 cup Olive oil

1/2 cup White wine

1 tbls. Oregano

1 teas. Thyme

3 tbls. Salt

10 Garlic cloves; minced

1 1/2 teas. Tabasco sauce

Mix all ingredients and marinate two whole chicken which have been cut in

half. Marinate several hours in refrigerator. Grill chickens slowly until

done.

Ok...I haven't checked in for a few weeks--or since I went to Aruba, but I got my first fill on Monday. (I have a 10cc band and received 4 cc) I thought the whole thing was pretty cool--from a science perspective.

I had no restrictions after surgery. I had no issues with eating ANYTHING and everything I've tried...and I can't believe THIS is what restriction feels like. NOW I finally understand why I've been fat my whole life!!! I can honestly say that I have never had this feeling before. This is great---ok, it has drawbacks, like when I made the mistake of drinking a mouthful of my Water to wash down my bread tonight and it all came back up....but seriously...I get it now!! So, for those of you who haven't had your restriction yet, keep your chins up! My stomach finally feels full! I've only lost 22 pounds since I've started my journey and am working out at least 45 minutes a day on the treadmill, but I've lost 2 sizes. I am so excited. Now I know exactly why I've had surgery. I just hope that this restriction enables me to finally control what I put in my mouth---but I'm keeping an open heart and my hopes are high.

How are the rest of you after your first fill??

Don't know if this is the place to post this question, but, I was banded in mid December. I have not had my monthly visitor yet. Has anybody else had this happen?

hello again all its feb 2nd 6 more weeks of winter yayyyyyyyy.;) j/k im down 40 pounds since surgery. doing great goin for my second fill on monday thank god. i feel like i can eat and eat and eat and eat.. check in later hope all is well with everyone

I was so glad to find this site today. I don't feel alone anymore. My surgery was Jan 29th. For me it is kinda of like a birthday. It was a day of a new begining. My plan was 45 minutes in surgery, 3 hour recovery, home by dinner, back to work in 2 days. OK my plan was flawed. I had lots of scar tissue from a gallbladder surgery years ago, so surgery was much longer, 3 hour recovery was 5 hour recovery, dinner was not happening, and work... I went back today for 5 hours. I feel no hunger that is weird. I feel sore but managable, and I feel a lot of excitment about the comming events. I think this site will help me feel normal about the 'crazy' thoughts that may run through my mind.

Hi everyone,

I was banded on the 11th of Dec. I lost 23 pounds by the time I had my checkup which was Jan 11. They couldn't do the two week because it was X-Mas. I asked the doctor if I had to have a fill and she said not right now if i did not want one. I am eating less than I ever did before. I can't get in to see the docotr for a fill until March 13, which is way too long, but they said I could call every week to see if there is a canceled appointment. I feel like I could eat more but for some reason I don't. I am still losing weight, just not as fast as I did right after surgery. I just don't want to gain weight.

well guys hello again. i went for my check up appt. im down 2 more pounds thats a total of 42 pounds since surgery on the 12th of december. i feel great . I got a 1 cc fill. thank god i needed it. I was released to go back to work too thank god i need outta my house. well hope all is well. welcome to the new ones in here good luck with everyones journey

Ok, Rochelle,

I'm impressed! I had the same surgery date as you, but I certainly haven't lost as much weight. I had my first fill a week ago and have yet to find much that stays down...Everything seems to get stuck! I'm thinking I eat too fast, don't chew enough, but I'm not starving to death, so I'm not complaining to my dr. just yet. I'm only down about 25 pounds despite working out over an hour a day. I'm moving down very slowly since my fill and notice daily differences now...so maybe it's just a matter of time.

Did anyone else have a really tough time swallowing and keeping food down after the first fill? liquids are no problem, just solids....

I'm having a problem, but it's after my second fill. Like you though, I am not complaining because it is keeping me from overeating. I find that I have to take REALLY REALLY small bites, and try not to eat so fast.

It's making me recheck what I'm eating. I hope it will lead to faster weight loss -- we'll see!