Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Post-Op Thread

It is funny how all the docs have different post-op plans. Do they give different restrictions in the band at the time of surgery? Just curious as to why the difference in plans.....if anyone knows. My plan has worked well for me - one week of any liquid thin enough to go thru a straw (don't use a straw) and the 2nd week starts the mushy stage. Others have different plans. :bandit

Well I was banded FINALLY!! after long wait.Got banded 12/6/07. Feeling pretty good most of the time except some gas pains everynow and then.

Tired from the traveling I did coming back from Mx.Got in last night (well early this morning)to Va around 2am got home around 3Am slept few hours and got to work at 9am.

Im on the Clear liquids I think for like 10 days.Im trying not to count them just hoping they will fly by!!!

I should roll in to the mushy stage right around xmas and Im looking forward to it!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well.And congrats!!!

Jennifer

Hey TXBandit-

It is weird how we are all on different diets. . .I had/have 4 days of Clear Liquids followed by 17 days of all liquids including Soups, blended stuff, etc. Day 21 I go on solids.

I am hungry on Day 6. I still have some gas and a growling stomach. I am worried about making it to Day 21 without any solids at all. I figure I will try some yogurt and Jello today to see if it helps the hunger pains.

A lot of people talk about the fills being the really important in getting the journey underway for the long term. Will the hunger go away with the fills? I am worried that the hunger is never going to go away:faint:

My dad and I are banded and recovering - we are walking and eating liquids and mushies. pain is not bad at all really.

Dr. Huacuz had us start on liquids with the Protein Powder added as soon as possible and I am really glad - I could feel the lack of Protein - headaches. we started with our mushies in the form of Jello, cottage cheese(yummy) and the like. The other thing to stress is chew chew chew - even if it does not seem like you need to .

man what a difference a day make yesterday was bad for me gas pains felt like contraction(labor) today I feel compelety normal no pain no soreness walking cleaning already down 5 more pound.

Well Yea for everyone! I was wondering where some of you had gone to! When we don't hear . . . we start to worry! Glad everything is going well! :(

Chris

Well it's taken me a few days to get up and around to posting. I was banded on Friday Dec. 7th, and it's been a rough few days. Friday morning I went in, and was out in a couple hours. The rest of the day Friday I was really out of it. I remember the nurse having a hard time waking me in recovery and I was pretty much out of it all day Friday. Saturday and Sunday I rested... was in some discomfort.. .mostly gas pain i think, but I had to lay low. Today was the first day I felt decent, and I think it's going to be pretty good from here on in. I'm not hungry at all... but have been trying to get in some calories through liquids so i don't pass out. Good luck to everyone whose surgery is upcoming. Despite the discomfort I wouldn't change my mind about this surgery!

Meghan

How many of you guys had doctor already pre-fill your lapband? My doctor said they wont pre-fill cause the band should already be some what tight on stomach.

I'm still on my liquid protien diet but at night I usually eat Tomato Soup, chicken noodle, clam chowder... these are very small containers... size of coke cans that you put in microwave and sugarfree popsicle.

I will go in 2morrow to see doctor for post-op surgery to see how everything going.

Well it's taken me a few days to get up and around to posting. I was banded on Friday Dec. 7th, and it's been a rough few days. Friday morning I went in, and was out in a couple hours. The rest of the day Friday I was really out of it. I remember the nurse having a hard time waking me in recovery and I was pretty much out of it all day Friday. Saturday and Sunday I rested... was in some discomfort.. .mostly gas pain i think, but I had to lay low. Today was the first day I felt decent, and I think it's going to be pretty good from here on in. I'm not hungry at all... but have been trying to get in some calories through liquids so i don't pass out. Good luck to everyone whose surgery is upcoming. Despite the discomfort I wouldn't change my mind about this surgery!

Meghan

Wow, good to hear. I was banded on the same day, 12/7/07, and I was in the hospital a bit longer. I was in pain this weekend, but last night I felt great. I was feeling so good, I slept on my right side all night -- I hate sleeping on my back. This morning my left should has been killing me ... it was really a bad idea to sleep on my side last night, I think it set something off.

Anyways, I felt a bit of hunger today because my mom (she flew in to stay with me for a week for the surgery) ordered a pizza and was eating it. Actually I ordered it for her, so it was my fault, but I had some major head cravings. All is well ... I am happy I had this done ... today's craving made me scared a little because I don't wanna eat!!!

Glad things are going well for u!

How many of you guys had doctor already pre-fill your lapband? My doctor said they wont pre-fill cause the band should already be some what tight on stomach.

I'm still on my liquid protien diet but at night I usually eat Tomato Soup, chicken noodle, clam chowder... these are very small containers... size of coke cans that you put in microwave and sugarfree popsicle.

I will go in 2morrow to see doctor for post-op surgery to see how everything going.

Honestly, I never asked my doctor about the pre-fill, and I kind of regret it. I am supposed to call this week to set up a post-op ... and I will ask then, if they filled any during the operation.

_____

No pre-fill from my doctor because of stomach swelling from surgery . . . I have to wait 4-6 weeks. I go for my post-op checkup on Wednesday. Meanwhile - my PCP cut my blood pressure meds in half this morning! Wahoo! I'm making progress!

Chris

no pre fill for me want DR. said the site is swollan and need to go do first before first fill 4-6 weeks I am sot hungry yet some head hunger but I can tell the difference now

Hey TXBandit-

It is weird how we are all on different diets. . .I had/have 4 days of clear liquids followed by 17 days of all liquids including Soups, blended stuff, etc. Day 21 I go on solids.

I am hungry on Day 6. I still have some gas and a growling stomach. I am worried about making it to Day 21 without any solids at all. I figure I will try some yogurt and Jello today to see if it helps the hunger pains.

A lot of people talk about the fills being the really important in getting the journey underway for the long term. Will the hunger go away with the fills? I am worried that the hunger is never going to go away:faint:

I started mushies, and I promise you - the hunger is much more in control than when I was on liquids. It is a great feeling!

I wasn't hungry to start with, I guess I had swelling. Yesterday, had hunger pains and didn't bring enough liquids with me. Today I can start the mushy stage, and it has filled me a little more than yesterday. I have my preop appt. on Dec. 27, I am hoping he will fill me then, and then I won't be so HUNGRY!