Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I won't miss about being fat!

I won’t miss worrying if I will be the fattest person at the party, fitting in to booths, getting leg cramps, sweating, huffing and puffing, shopping only online, edema, swollen ankles and feet, avoiding family gatherings, being 100lbs over my husband’s weight, hiding behind clothing .

I won't miss sucking in my gut when tying my shoes.

I don't miss everyone looking at me when I board a plane and thinking, "I hope the fat guy doesn't sit next to me."

I won't miss the self loathing and body dysmorphic disorder of my arms that's gotten so bad I can't wear anything but hoodies even in 100 degree temps I can't wait to wear a tank top I think I will cry I have never worn one in my entire life

Sent from my moto g(7) play using BariatricPal mobile app

I will definitely not miss being treated like I am ignorant and that my ideas have no value.

I will not miss the crude comments or the farm yard animal sounds made when I walk by.

I will not miss the absolute disgust on people’s faces when I speak to them

I will not miss always hiding in the shadows

I will not miss being the biggest in the room, yet the most invisible

I will not miss the aches and pains that come with carrying so much extra weight

Most of all, I will not miss my boys being embarrassed by having such a fat mom!

I will not miss going to the doctor, no matter what my ailment, and being told "you have to lose weight first"

I will not miss being unable to tie my shoes

I will not miss getting rid of my "fat clothes" and all of my multiple-sized clothes in my closet (skinny clothes, skinny + 20 lbs clothes, skinny + 40 lbs clothes, etc)

I will not miss having to shop online for bras (and paying $75-$100 each!) because department stores don't carry my size

I will not miss the back and hip pain from just standing up

I will not miss having to get a seat belt extender on planes - and not being able to reach under the seat in front of me for my bag

I will not miss having an extremely hard time finding cute clothes that fit

I will not miss being dependent on other people for simple things I used to be able to do myself

I will not miss my back scrubber in the shower, because I'll be able to bend down and wash my feet without it

I do not miss:

- Thighs rubbing and chafing all summer

- hating myself everytime I caught a glimpse in the mirror

- being too big to exercise comfortably

- having to buy bras in the old frumpy lady section

- literally everything else associated with being obese. I am 100% happier than I was before surgery.

I won't miss:
chafing thighs and other bits, being self conscious everywhere I go, worrying if I'll be able to ride amusement park rides with my son, not being able to physically keep up with my son, being embarrassed to run into people from the past... Honestly I think I could go on and on lol

Sent from my Alcatel_5008R using BariatricPal mobile app

The sh*tty feeling when people treat others better than you based purely on outward appearance. (Even worse, when you know those people are inwardly horrific individuals but no one cares.)

This has been a double-edged sword for me, as I don't want to end up getting attention from those kind of losers.

Edited by Guest

I do not miss going to business meetings and looking to see if I am the fattest person in the room....

I do not miss that I WAS always the fattest person in the room

I don't miss shopping in the plus stores

I won’t miss:

-weighing more than my husband for the entirety of our relationship.

-the feeling of all consuming shame when the nurse reads the numbers on the scale out loud.

-avoiding mirrors/reflections at all costs because I could not stand to look at myself from the neck down.

-trying on clothes and being terrified of getting stuck in them.

-holding my breath so that I can tie my shoes.

-sucking my gut in just to button and zip my fat jeans.
-skipping family activities because I would be the fattest person there, and most likely unable to participate because of my size.

-trying to hide my body from my husband because I was terrified that he’d find me repulsive.

-making jokes at my own expense before anyone else could do it.

-constantly stressing that I’d “grow” out of my fat clothes.