Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss Totals

I'm new, well sort of. I've actually been reading the boards since this summer but decided I need more support in this journey so decided to start posting!

I was banded on Oct. 31st. I haven't had much restriction till my 3rd fill, which was about 3 weeks ago. 9cc in a 14cc band, I think. The first week I was super tight, could only drink liquids. I lost 10 pounds that week and the following 2 weeks the inches and weight have been coming off! I am down 32 pounds since pre-op. I tend to lose small during the month, a pound here or there, and then a bigger drop after my period.

Real restriction took some getting use to but I'm finally getting it. All of you that don't have restriction yet, keep going... it will come! Everyone is doing great!

I had my second fill today and have lost 14 kg in total (maybe around 30 or so lb's). I went away for a wedding and put on 2 and a half kilos in January so I had to work like a demon at the gym to lose that and I even lost another half a kg on top of that so I am really happy.

5 months out, a bunch of fills and 1 unfill, I'm down 71 pounds. I'm also down 4 sizes in pants, 2 sizes in shirts and a whole cup in my bra. I am no longer a risk for diabetes, my numbers are back in normal range. And I feel FABULOUS!!

why an unfill? what were your symtoms? I have only had 2 fills and lately my band has been letting me know it is there. I have the worst pain in my chest like my food is getting stuck. I'd like to hear from someone to let me know is this normal?

NIP50, I AM LUCKY, MY DOCTOR FILLS ONLY 1/2 CC AT A TIME DUE TO THE DISTANCE THAT I HAVE TO TRAVEL (3 HRS.) HE DOESN'T WANT ME TO HAVE A PROBLEM AND DRIVE THAT DISTANCE ILL. I SEE MY DOCTOR EVERY 3 TO 4 WEEKS AND I HAVE LOST AS MUCH AS 11 LBS BETWEEN A 4 WEEK VISIT, HE ASKS IF I AM GETTING STUCK ON food AND HOW MUCH I AM EATING. I AM SCHEDULED FOR A FILL ON 3/5 AND I AM DUE FOR ANOTHER, I AM STILL ABLE TO EAT A SIDE salad, AND 4 OZ OF meat AND SOME VEGGIES AT A SITTING WITHOUT BEING OVERFULL, I THINK THAT I HAVE LOST AROUND 4 TO 5 POUNDS THIS 3 WEEK STRETCH, IT CHANGES A POUND OF TWO BETWEEN scales. YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!! :thumbup:JUST THINK OF THE DIFFERENCE YOU WILL FEEL WHEN YOU DO GET A FILL!!!:biggrin: KEEP DOING SO WELL WE ARE ALL GOING TO BE SO HEALTHY!!!!:rolleyes2:

lherstine - Let me know how your fill goes. I am also getting a fill tomorrow the 5th and can't wait. I'm glad to see that you're doing fabulous also. I've only lost 4 pounds in the past month, but its hard to complain when I look at the total for the last 5 months. I love my band.

62 pounds lost! I'm currently doing horribly at keeping myself from cheating. I'm in my senior year of college and I tend to 'reward' myself for getting through a horrible day with eating something less healthy. It's something I need to continue to work on.

Interestingly as I got MORE restriction, I got more of a desire to eat less healthy things. I think maybe that since quantity of food went down, I desired more 'tasty' things? I'm doing great at eating healthy when I don't cheat though so I'm still losing decently. I just need to stick to it and work on my weakneses. My roommate is skinny and can eat anything he wants in and quantity and he is more lazy than me and he gains no weight so that makes things a little harder. He is amazed I can live on the band diet, lol.

I jsut wanted to add to the last post. Isn't it amazing how much less we eat than skinny people. There has got to be something to that. Did we really eat all that much before? I went to a buffet with a firend of mine a few weeks ago and I swear he ate more at that one sittng than I eat in two days!!

new update = 71 lbs lost

I have .7 pounds still to go before I am no longer obese. I only have 2cc now in my band, still could use a bit more constriction. I am happy though.

I was reading and saw the remarks on how we eat less than the skinnies, well, I just believe our bodies are so much more efficient that if we could sell our secret to the car companies we'd probably get a car with 100MPG. It sure does not seem fair having these efficient bodies that can gain weight on 1200 calories. And adjust when we take in even less! :blush: SO GOES THE BATTLE, SO MUCH BETTER WHEN WE WIN AS THE FIGHT IS A TOUGH ONE! To each and all, best of luck and may our bodies take on the metabolism of a GAS GUZZLER>:scared2: