Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY-JUNE-JULY 2020 BYPASSERS UNITE!! Veterans Welcome too!

47 minutes ago, MaybeMeow said:

Yay!! I'm so happy to hear from you! YOU MADE IT TWO WEEKS! It gets progressively better from here on out. Particularly with the new foods. And WOW on a couple things there... like not weighing yourself. THAT takes willpower. And getting 64oz of Water in and 75 Protein? !!? The Protein i've managed with the shakes but the Water has been such a struggle. I'm SO impressed. It's inspiring. I kept thinking "people aren't reallY getting 64 every day are they?" Well, 613cnn is! I'm getting around 48 a day and it's a battle. I'm gonna keep fighting. Can't wait to hear about your first weigh-in. What day is your follow up? ONWARD!

Thanks! I’m trying to focus on small wins, because it’s so easy for me to see what sucks lol. Follow up is next Thursday.

For water - what helps me is carrying around this thermal stainless steel water bottle everywhere. It has a little button that opens the spout vs. using a straw and Keeps water ice cold for 12 hours. That’s absolutely essential to me. Has to be cold. The other thing I did initially was take out 4 bottles of water and put them on the counter with the date. Then I’d fill my thermal up with them vs. using the water in the fridge. The individual water bottles served as goals and as I emptied one, I’d crush it, put it in recycling and saw it as an accomplishment - kind of like checking something off the list. I did that for a week maybe. Now I just use the filtered water from the fridge because I know I’m drinking more than 64 oz.

Hi Gang. We've gotten quiet. Hope everyone is out there plugging along. HAPPY 4th! What an awful year this has been. I sure am looking forward to a CHANGE in NOVEMBER. But enough of that. How ya'll doin? I just.... ((drum roll)) ate 1.5 oz of ground beef. AND IT WAS DELISH! I was a little scared after my bad reaction to fish last week but it seems to be going down well. Plan to try another 1.5 oz tonight with family for the 4th. I also bought some watermelon and look forward to a slice as I'm reading lots of people seem to do well with it. I'm post op Day 25 and a cool 200 pounds even. 17 lost. Feels good. I was 197 about 6 months ago after about 3 months on Weight Watchers. Then gained it all back again. But it feels recent so once I cross that line I'll really feel like celebrating. Over all feeling better. Still queasy in the morning. But it passes. Still constipated but not completely blocked. Energy is better, Walking every day without fail. If you can steal some time tell me how yer all doin! ONWARD!!

40 minutes ago, MaybeMeow said:

Hi Gang. We've gotten quiet. Hope everyone is out there plugging along. HAPPY 4th! What an awful year this has been. I sure am looking forward to a CHANGE in NOVEMBER. But enough of that. How ya'll doin? I just.... ((drum roll)) ate 1.5 oz of ground beef. AND IT WAS DELISH! I was a little scared after my bad reaction to fish last week but it seems to be going down well. Plan to try another 1.5 oz tonight with family for the 4th. I also bought some watermelon and look forward to a slice as I'm reading lots of people seem to do well with it. I'm post op Day 25 and a cool 200 pounds even. 17 lost. Feels good. I was 197 about 6 months ago after about 3 months on Weight Watchers. Then gained it all back again. But it feels recent so once I cross that line I'll really feel like celebrating. Over all feeling better. Still queasy in the morning. But it passes. Still constipated but not completely blocked. Energy is better, Walking every day without fail. If you can steal some time tell me how yer all doin! ONWARD!!

Congrats on the meat, Meow! Sounds like you are doing great. Monday is surgery day for me. So looking forward to real food in the near future. I hope some of my early planned meals taste and feel good to me. Next week will be full liquids and then on to puréed. During puréed I am hoping I do well with eggs in any form and a tuna pate recipe I learned to make from Mom. I think about both daily. 😋

PS. I am also looking forward to change in November. 🤞🏻

Hey Meow and everybody! Hard to believe I'm 18 days post-op now, it feels like longer!

I'm still not getting quite enough Protein or Water, but I'm trying. It's easier now that I can have soft foods. I'm taking my Vitamins and my calcium chews. I rarely feel hungry, and when I do, I'm quickly satisfied with a very small amount of food. What a revelation! Also I'm sleeping better (hubby says I have stopped snoring) and, strangely enough, I've stopped having hot flashes without going back on black cohosh etc. In fact, I'm kind of cold all the time!

I feel a million percent better than I did that first two weeks. I still nap regularly but I'm not exhausted like I was. I walk the dog as often as I can. Working up to using my stationary bike again.

I've been eating cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, scrambled eggs, cream of wheat, and applesauce. Tried some tuna, but even with mayo it still seemed too dry. Tonight hubs grilled me a chicken thigh on the grill, I ate half and it was delicious but half was PLENTY. I still drink a Protein Shake most days, or some milk with chocolate PBFit in it. But after the liquid phase, I was pretty burnt out on Protein Drinks, so it's nice to cut back on those.

I've had fresh blueberries in my yogurt and cream of wheat and that was fine as long as I chewed them thoroughly. I've also had watermelon several times and it was HEAVENLY. I can only eat about 1/2 cup but I enjoy the hell out of it.

Pain almost completely gone. Occasionally one of the incisions is painful if there's some kind of pressure on it. I've lost 21.2 pounds total and some of my pants are looser. Yessss!

===TMI (pooping) starts here===

I pooped four days after surgery, and then six days after surgery, and then not again until today! Lucky for me, I didn't really feel uncomfortable until a few days ago. Been using about a teaspoon of Miralax in a drink every day but it didn't do much. Last night I took a Colace and that obviously helped. Might have to take them regularly until my system figures itself out again.

Hi there!
I had VSG on 6/30. I’m struggling with fatigue and getting the Protein in but taking it in stride . I’m so happy I stumbled upon this thread ...and relieved to know that this is par for the course. I’m sore from incisions but nothing too severe. I tried cream Soup today and it was a great change. Full liquids are as challenging as clear as I’m feeling bubbling as it goes down all the time.

On 7/4/2020 at 3:18 PM, WishMeSmaller said:

Congrats on the meat, Meow! Sounds like you are doing great. Monday is surgery day for me. So looking forward to real food in the near future. I hope some of my early planned meals taste and feel good to me. Next week will be full liquids and then on to puréed. During puréed I am hoping I do well with eggs in any form and a tuna pate recipe I learned to make from Mom. I think about both daily. 😋

PS. I am also looking forward to change in November. 🤞🏻

WishME!! Tomorrow is your big day! WOO HOO!! We'll be thinking about you and sending you all the good stuff. Here's to a quick smooth surgery and an easy recovery. Sip and walk and check in with us when you feel up to it!! Can't wait to hear from you.

On 7/4/2020 at 4:13 PM, Groovymommy said:

Hey Meow and everybody! Hard to believe I'm 18 days post-op now, it feels like longer!

I'm still not getting quite enough Protein or Water, but I'm trying. It's easier now that I can have soft foods. I'm taking my Vitamins and my calcium chews. I rarely feel hungry, and when I do, I'm quickly satisfied with a very small amount of food. What a revelation! Also I'm sleeping better (hubby says I have stopped snoring) and, strangely enough, I've stopped having hot flashes without going back on black cohosh etc. In fact, I'm kind of cold all the time!

I feel a million percent better than I did that first two weeks. I still nap regularly but I'm not exhausted like I was. I walk the dog as often as I can. Working up to using my stationary bike again.

I've been eating cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, scrambled eggs, cream of wheat, and applesauce. Tried some tuna, but even with mayo it still seemed too dry. Tonight hubs grilled me a chicken thigh on the grill, I ate half and it was delicious but half was PLENTY. I still drink a Protein Shake most days, or some milk with chocolate PBFit in it. But after the liquid phase, I was pretty burnt out on Protein Drinks, so it's nice to cut back on those.

I've had fresh blueberries in my yogurt and cream of wheat and that was fine as long as I chewed them thoroughly. I've also had watermelon several times and it was HEAVENLY. I can only eat about 1/2 cup but I enjoy the hell out of it.

Pain almost completely gone. Occasionally one of the incisions is painful if there's some kind of pressure on it. I've lost 21.2 pounds total and some of my pants are looser. Yessss!

===TMI (pooping) starts here===

I pooped four days after surgery, and then six days after surgery, and then not again until today! Lucky for me, I didn't really feel uncomfortable until a few days ago. Been using about a teaspoon of Miralax in a drink every day but it didn't do much. Last night I took a Colace and that obviously helped. Might have to take them regularly until my system figures itself out again.

GROOVY! It's so good to hear from you! Congrats of Day 18!! Sounds like you are right on track. Nearly pain-free and no scary food episodes? WONDERFUL! 21 pounds is incredible!!!!! I'm envious and thrilled for you. I'm cheating a little with the daily morning banana and daily pretzels that soothe my nauseous tummy so I did expect my losses to be slower. I'm so glad colace is helping you. I'm taking 2 colace a day. I'm still struggling. But not completely plugged. Gonna try some added magnesium when I hit 4 weeks (Tuesday). That helped me stay regular before surgery but it is a colon stimulator so I was told by my surgeon to be careful. I'll let you know if it helps because it's an easy solution to just add one more pill to the routine. I love my PB2 and Fage too! No more pre-made Protein drinks EVER, if I can help it. I had 2 oz of crab meat tonight. Tasted delish but stayed a little high in my stomach for a bit. I'm determined to be able to eat meat. So I keep trying. Thanks for checking in. Hope it's a great week for both of us. ONWARD!!

WISH ME! We're thinking about you. Hope recovery is going even better than expected!

I HAVE BEEN 200 POUNDS FOR THREE DAYS!! COME ON!!!!!! ARRRRUUUGGGGHHH!

Meow! And crew! I am doing well. Just waiting impatiently to be discharged. I want my bed. Pain is not too bad. I have walked probably about 5000 steps since I got to my room around 6 PM. For reference it is 11:20 AM now. The surgeon’s physician assistant actually told me to walk less. Lol!
Meow! Sounds like you hit you first stall. Like someone else has mention, Onward! 😊

2 minutes ago, WishMeSmaller said:

Meow! And crew! I am doing well. Just waiting impatiently to be discharged. I want my bed. Pain is not too bad. I have walked probably about 5000 steps since I got to my room around 6 PM. For reference it is 11:20 AM now. The surgeon’s physician assistant actually told me to walk less. Lol!
Meow! Sounds like you hit you first stall. Like someone else has mention, Onward! 😊

She made it! Welcome to the other side. Now the fun REALLY begins. Glad to hear you're doing well. The first week post op is by far the hardest. Just power thru!!

ONWARD!!!

hi friends! I hope you are all recovering well!. I am currently counting down.. I am so nervous, yet excited. Staying away from everyone in efforts of remaining covid free lol.

Hey guys!
I am now post op gastric bypass surgery. My surgery date was July 2, anyone else having issues with what to eat?

Mushies start tomorrow. 2 days earlier than I thought. And thank goodness because I’m going nut. Yesterday I had French onion Soup at an alarmingly fast rate. And put some croutons in it. And today I had two chicken wing flats - with the skin off. I’m concerned I’m going to mess something up. Have to get my head straight.

25 minutes ago, 613cnn said:

Mushies start tomorrow. 2 days earlier than I thought. And thank goodness because I’m going nut. Yesterday I had French onion Soup at an alarmingly fast rate. And put some croutons in it. And today I had two chicken wing flats - with the skin off. I’m concerned I’m going to mess something up. Have to get my head straight.

How far post are you, I’m kinda jealous, I had farina today thinned with broth and I was happy as a clam.

47 minutes ago, Holleyday said:

How far post are you, I’m kinda jealous, I had farina today thinned with broth and I was happy as a clam.

I’m 19 days post op. I was on Clear Liquids plus Protein Shakes for 14 days. Then full liquids for another 5 days.

Edited by 613cnn