Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

17 hours ago, Pandemonium said:

Appointment well pretty well, though apparently it was supposed to be an over-the-phone appointment, though this was not communicated to me. So I showed up at the office, Fortunately, my doctor was able to see me in-person, which I was more comfortable with since the last visit was 4 weeks ago and 6 days post-op. Felt better to have someone look at my incisions and assure me they'd healed up perfectly.

Their scale said 2 pounds lost since last week, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow which is my official weigh in day to record it on my scale.

My diet plan is now 2 diet plans now to give me the option of using normal food.

Still doing 2 Celebrate shakes, only switching from 1% milk to almond milk. And then I have the choice between doing 2 20g Protein Bars or doing 1 20g Protein Bar and 4 "forkfuls" of a Protein source (approximately 2 ounces). Recommendations are scrambled eggs or yogurt first and then try chicken and fish if no issues with the eggs or yogurt. This makes me much happier. My goal is to try 5 days on the all Protein shakes/bars plan and then 2 days where I mix in regular food.

Your weight loss has been amazing! To be so close to goal one month out is no small feat! Congratulations!

I went back to work yesterday and even though I packed my meals and Snacks, I had a hard time getting them in. I felt like I was well prepared with what I brought, just not the timing. I was on a couple of zoom meetings during the day, so I missed my am snack, so ate lunch early. I still have to remember to eat slow as well. I did get a 30 minute walk after my lunch, so I was pleased with that. I have my 2 week post-op meeting tomorrow and will be asking about when I can get back to bootcamp. So far, I am loving this "new normal" and wishing I had done it sooner!

Ooh I'm quite robust, think it'd be worth it!😀

Glad your stall has ended, well done! Shame about the sweet potatoes but the Sm Salmon sounds great.

2 hours ago, kellym1220 said:

Your weight loss has been amazing! To be so close to goal one month out is no small feat! Congratulations!

Thanks so much! Back in February when I was asked what weight I wanted to get to, I said 225 as that was what I weighed in my mid 20s and while it's still overweight, it was a weight that fit my body type. Being at 341lbs, I felt like 225 was probably going to be difficult to achieve, but still possible. Suffice to say, I'm kind of in shock at the fact that I'm now 10.6lbs away from that (2.8lbs lost this week as of this morning's weigh in!). I never fathomed that I would have lost as much weight pre-op as I managed to do, which obviously helped a lot to get closer to that goal.

I briefly toyed with updating my goal to something lower than what I have it at now, but I think it's best that I leave my 225 goal in place for now so that when I reach it, I have something big to Celebrate. THEN, I can update my goal to the next level (which my doctor put out the number "190" at my visit yesterday) and start working on hitting that goal.

Day 15 after gastric bypass. Just ate cream of chicken Soup as phase two liquids. It was amazing! Lol. Never thought I would be so excited to eat something so simple.

Also hit 40lbs lost since pre-op diet and walking 4-5 miles a day. I’m so glad that this surgery came in to my life. I’m a bit concerned on how mushy and solids will go but so far so good. I’ll take it!

Hope everyone is well and I appreciate all the posts. It really helps navigate the journey.

I can't believe it's been two weeks! I still feel great and TBH I started purees a couple of days early! I had refried Beans with salsa and a little melted cheese (only a total of 2 oz) and I knew to stop eating before the last two bites were gone. Then I made the famous Shelley's Ricotta Bake and YUM! But again, 3 oz and I knew I couldn't eat it all. I have an appointment with my nutritionist today and will ask her what to add next...after my experience with "egg drop soup", it may be awhile before I try eggs again!! LOL

Last night I ate my first "real food" since the pre-op diet over 6 weeks ago. Creamy scrambled eggs! They definitely needed salt, but I avoided it just to be on the safe side. Even still, they were very good. 2 eggs, which I was worried might have been pushing it, but I never had any overfull feelings, so I guess it was fine! After a couple of hours, my stomach did feel a little odd and was extra noisy, but I suspect that was partly from having something other than Protein Shakes to digest. Saturday is when I'll try something else and I'm looking to do some pureed chicken salad made with hummus instead of light mayo. I always used to make my tuna salad with hummus, so I figure it'll be just as tasty with chicken.

5 hours ago, Pandemonium said:

Last night I ate my first "real food" since the pre-op diet over 6 weeks ago. Creamy scrambled eggs! They definitely needed salt, but I avoided it just to be on the safe side. Even still, they were very good. 2 eggs, which I was worried might have been pushing it, but I never had any overfull feelings, so I guess it was fine! After a couple of hours, my stomach did feel a little odd and was extra noisy, but I suspect that was partly from having something other than Protein Shakes to digest. Saturday is when I'll try something else and I'm looking to do some pureed chicken salad made with hummus instead of light mayo. I always used to make my tuna salad with hummus, so I figure it'll be just as tasty with chicken.

That sounds good! I just ate some chicken salad...didn't puree it but shredded it with a fork really well. Next time I might try hummus instead of light mayo...it was a little dry! I like Ithaca Lemon Dill Hummus...I bet that woulld be good with salmon or tuna! :)

4 hours ago, kellym1220 said:

That sounds good! I just ate some chicken salad...didn't puree it but shredded it with a fork really well. Next time I might try hummus instead of light mayo...it was a little dry! I like Ithaca Lemon Dill Hummus...I bet that woulld be good with salmon or tuna! :)

I've been doing something similar, just mooshing tuna or ground beef as much as possible with a fork and then chewing the tiny bites until it's completely pureed.

Earlier this week I did a riff of this chili recipe: https://leitesculinaria.com/44197/recipes-beef-chili.html Which was very moist and mostly ground beef and Beans. Very easy on my stomach and not too spicy since I only added 2 chipotle chilis. Served with lite sour cream and a little cheese 'sauce' made with 1/2 oz lite evaporated milk heated up in the microwave, stirred with 1/4 oz shredded cheddar tossed with a pinch of cornstarch. It got the fiance seal of approval.

Today I tried eating sushi for the first time after surgery. I got a salmon avocado roll, but ended up poking out the salmon and just eating that with a little soy sauce since the rice was too much for me. I should have just got sashimi!

I've been having some issues finishing off my Protein Drinks. I struggle getting 1 in per day, spaced out with my drinking. I'm supposed to be drinking 2... does anyone have any suggestions? I'm drinking Premier Protein chocolate, which was a favorite of mine prior to surgery.

On 8/13/2020 at 11:41 PM, Double_Me said:

I've been doing something similar, just mooshing tuna or ground beef as much as possible with a fork and then chewing the tiny bites until it's completely pureed.

Earlier this week I did a riff of this chili recipe: https://leitesculinaria.com/44197/recipes-beef-chili.html Which was very moist and mostly ground beef and Beans. Very easy on my stomach and not too spicy since I only added 2 chipotle chilis. Served with lite sour cream and a little cheese 'sauce' made with 1/2 oz lite evaporated milk heated up in the microwave, stirred with 1/4 oz shredded cheddar tossed with a pinch of cornstarch. It got the fiance seal of approval.

Today I tried eating sushi for the first time after surgery. I got a salmon avocado roll, but ended up poking out the salmon and just eating that with a little soy sauce since the rice was too much for me. I should have just got sashimi!

I've been having some issues finishing off my Protein Drinks. I struggle getting 1 in per day, spaced out with my drinking. I'm supposed to be drinking 2... does anyone have any suggestions? I'm drinking Premier Protein chocolate, which was a favorite of mine prior to surgery.

Try Fairlife, Protein drinks, for vanilla and chocolate I think they're the best. I also like Premier Protein Caramel (also in my coffee, yum) and Cookies and Cream. The rest...bleh!

I tried hummus in my chicken salad and it was quite tasty!! Last night I ordered tacos from Tijuana Flats with no vegetables (just beef and refried beans) and ate about half of the insides of one taco! LOL But it was fun eating the same food as my son!

Looking for something yummy to make for dinner tonight, maybe chicken chili, for breakfast...scrambled eggs with cheese.

Well, my friends...eggs are NOT my friend! I had a similar response to my scrambles egg as I did with the egg drop Soup adventure, except I only ate 1/2 an egg so not quite as severe. It's weird because I have used eggs in recipes with no issue. Today, I will be eating high Protein oatmeal for Breakfast and making something for dinner and future lunches with the ground chicken I bought yesterday...I wasn't able to cook anything yesterday, but I did make sure and get my protein and Water in!!

I hope everyone has a great day...I'm headed out for a walk before the temp hits 90 degrees!!

31 minutes ago, kellym1220 said:

Well, my friends...eggs are NOT my friend! I had a similar response to my scrambles egg as I did with the egg drop Soup adventure, except I only ate 1/2 an egg so not quite as severe. It's weird because I have used eggs in recipes with no issue. Today, I will be eating high Protein oatmeal for Breakfast and making something for dinner and future lunches with the ground chicken I bought yesterday...I wasn't able to cook anything yesterday, but I did make sure and get my Protein and Water in!!

I hope everyone has a great day...I'm headed out for a walk before the temp hits 90 degrees!!

an egg intolerance isn't that uncommon after surgery - although most people can eventually eat them again.

Coming up to 1 month post op and I just have to say this has been such a great journey so far. I've lost about 25lbs and have hit my first stall. I'm staying off the scale for a few weeks and hope it'll pass soon . I have tolerated everything I've eaten so far which has been great. I hope everyone is doing well!

Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone,
I am 40 days post op. I have lost 21 lbs since surgery. I am at the soft food stage but and I start regular diet on Wednesday. I have hard time eating food and it causes so much pressure in my chest. Is this sign of dumping?