Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 mo PO-Highest calorie day so far!!!



Recommended Posts

I am still working, am considered an essential employee during the coronavirus pandemic, which is good for me because working curbs my snacking.

Not today. Holy cow. I am 11 months post op and have certainly had days where I can eat more than other days.

Today is absolutely different. I have eaten the most today since I had surgery and I genuinely felt hungry today. I had cottage cheese, a small "rockit" apple (they are tiny), popcorn (single serve skinny pop), string cheese, a smoked chicken sausage, a square of dark chocolate, almonds (one serving but HIGH in Cal's) and had dinner which was a ground beef/cabbage casserole and a (low sugar)fudge pop. I never ate past capacity. And feel that I made decent choices. But I am floored by the quantity! I won't feel guilty about it, because I behave. I probably won't be able to eat much tomorrow. Does anyone else experience this??

And also how are you doing amidst the coronavirus pandemic? I hope you're all making it through healthy and making the best choices you can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm only a month post-op, but I've had days where I can barely stuff down 400 calories and a few other days where I am starving and go as high as 1200 calories. Oddly enough, twice now my hungry days have coincided with big weight losses of a pound or more. So I don't feel afraid of my hunger. In fact - I feel like it's part of my broken metabolism healing. Hunger is natural!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, rjan said:

I'm only a month post-op, but I've had days where I can barely stuff down 400 calories and a few other days where I am starving and go as high as 1200 calories. Oddly enough, twice now my hungry days have coincided with big weight losses of a pound or more. So I don't feel afraid of my hunger. In fact - I feel like it's part of my broken metabolism healing. Hunger is natural!

You know I hadn't thought of that. I have been bouncing the same few lbs back and forth for about 3 months.

And I remember that happening to me as well!

I just assumed that I was done losing. Maybe I'm still going.

It would be great if I was because I would like to lose another 20 lbs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm almost five years out and still have "big pouch days" and "small pouch days". That amount you're eating sounds like about what I eat in maintenance (unless I'm having a small pouch day!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

I'm almost five years out and still have "big pouch days" and "small pouch days". That amount you're eating sounds like about what I eat in maintenance (unless I'm having a small pouch day!).

I don't want to be in maintenance, I still want to lose, but am starting to feel like it's not going to change. I think I need to figure out how to accept that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fazzini Bee said:

I don't want to be in maintenance, I still want to lose, but am starting to feel like it's not going to change. I think I need to figure out how to accept that.

you can always lose more weight. But if you're not losing it at your current calorie level (unless you just happen to be in a stall), then the only thing you can really do is decrease your calories. I had to find the point where I could accept both my weight and my calorie level. At my lowest I was 138 lbs and could certainly get there again if I wanted to (and honestly, I don't), but it would take lowering my calories to a level that I probably wouldn't be able to sustain for long. I'm OK at 150-ish - and I'm OK with the calorie level it takes to maintain at that, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×