Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill

My fill is December 11th too! I am only eating 3 times a day and one Jello snack. But I am almost eating 2 cups. Everyone can see how much weight I lost,but I don't think I lost more than 12lbs. since surgery. We'll see on Tuesday, can't wait.

Good luck to you guys!

It's interesting to me how some doctors put some saline in the band during the surgery. I always thought that was a no-no. Maybe you're just not supposed to with the type of band I have? (midband). I wonder if bandster hell wasn't as bad for them as it was for the people with nothing in their bands?

It's scary to me how much I am able to eat now. I've had a few slip ups and while I can't eat as much as I could before, I can still eat quite a bit. Right now I feel as though I'm a fat girl trying to diet and eat small portions the same way I used to before the band, which I'd obviously failed at. I really hope the first fill will give me a break here and make eating smaller portions a wee bit easier. Plus getting off of this plateau would be nice...

The AP band comes with Fluid in it. The surgeon may choose to remove that fluid if the fit is too tight. I suspect I have fluid in my band but I forgot to ask my doctor. I'm sure I'll find out at my appointment next Friday.

I Had Fluid In My Band Right After Surgery, 1.4 Ml. I Just Saw Dr Today And Got A Fill(felt Ok) And Now I Have 2 Cc, I Drank The Water Fine...just Feel Like I Have A Lump In My Chest. I Have To Start Eating Yogurt,cottage cheese And eggs. Best Luck To Everyone

Does everybody pretty much feel that way when they get a fill?? im due for one 1st week of Jan and am a little afraid. I dont want to work myself into a panic attack if i cant swallow or have chest pains.

It's interesting to me how some doctors put some saline in the band during the surgery. I always thought that was a no-no. Maybe you're just not supposed to with the type of band I have? (midband). I wonder if bandster hell wasn't as bad for them as it was for the people with nothing in their bands?

Well, supposedly I had 3 cc's in my 10 cc band at surgery, and I was in bandster hell with you!

It's scary to me how much I am able to eat now. I've had a few slip ups and while I can't eat as much as I could before, I can still eat quite a bit. Right now I feel as though I'm a fat girl trying to diet and eat small portions the same way I used to before the band, which I'd obviously failed at. I really hope the first fill will give me a break here and make eating smaller portions a wee bit easier. Plus getting off of this plateau would be nice...

I'm right there with you. I feel like there's absolutely no restriction, can eat almost what I want - although there's still that niggly feeling saying Don't eat that, you'll hurt your band, so I do tend to stop before I eat TOO much, but still it is the same feeling of being, like you said, on a diet and eating small portions and you're starving!

Does everybody pretty much feel that way when they get a fill?? im due for one 1st week of Jan and am a little afraid. I dont want to work myself into a panic attack if i cant swallow or have chest pains.

I didn't feel that way. They gave me about 1/2 cup of Water, and I slurped it down pretty fast. For me, it went down the same as before my fill.

Five days after my first fill and I can really tell the difference. I'm at 5 ccs in a 10 cc band. I went out to dinner Friday night and had a great chicken dinner. I ate about half the chicken and then knew I was done. In fact, I was afraid I had taken a couple bites too much. But I quit and it went away. It was a very nice restaurant and I certainly didn't want to make a spectacle of myself. I told my husband that I'd just get up and leave if things didn't calm down. So do I need another fill? I'm not hungry between real meals. I know when I'm done. If the food isn't a mushie I can only eat so much. Maybe I should leave well enough alone. I guess it depends on the weight loss. I've not gotten back on the scales for a few days. If I don't lose weight, I'll go for more 12/18. I will definitely have a restriction then...hopefully not too much. I've not done any PB stuff and I don't want to at this point.

This is such a learning process.

The "lunch bunch" at work are very supportive. They all kid me on who has to sit right accross from me though. They are afraid of the projectile probability. :P

Take care.

Hello all, Banded Nov. 28th., scheduled for 1st fill and post appt. Dec. 20th. I have the 10cc band and had 3cc put in t surgery.

Looking forward to 1st fill, I feel I can eat anything at this point, but am being good and staying on my liquid only diet. At least till Wed. Then I can go to mushies. At least it will be a change from liquids.< /p>

Kandi - I've heard many bandsters say that their restriction from their fill went down a lot or away completely after a couple of weeks, so you never know. There are also people who got 1 fill and were lucky and satisfied with their restriction long term.

I get my first fill this Wednesday. I have been sailing through this so smoothly that I hope it doesn't end there. Don't want to be PBing etc. I don't think my doc puts too much in because the nurse told me I won't have a problem going to my dept xmas lunch the next day. Only time will tell.

:help:How long does it take until you can't feel your port anymore? Everytime I bend over I feel the port dig into me. Certain motions have become uncomfortable. I go for my first fill on 12/13/07. I can pretty much eat anything I want so I am happy about the fill. The whole port thing really upsets me. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

NY Girl, I also feel my port when I bend over. It is a bit annoying but I'm sure it will not be as noticable soon. We will probably get used it and it we won't even notice it.

does your port ever hurt? I sleep on my stomach and can't. Getting in and out of a car can be uncomfortable. Stretching, I can feel a pull. Any advice?:)