Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill

Is that 32 lbs including pre op loss? That's a great amount to have lost in such a short time. Good on you Cindy.

My first fill was on December 3 - The PA that does Dr. Collier's fills told me that the first fill doesn't last very long. I am scheduled for my second fill on January 4.

Sades,

15 lbs were before surgery. I haven't lost a pound since I went on solids 2 weeks ago but haven't gained either. I'm hoping that getting my first fill on Monday will get me back on track.

My first fill is on January 1st, 2008 (it's a normal workday over here). What a great way to start the New Year!

My first fill hasn't made a lot of difference... I can eat anything I want so far. I will get a second one in the new year. My weight loss is definitely slowing down but continued right through the mushies stage. I'm happy with the results but am ready to get the next 5 kgs off.

My first fill hasn't made a lot of difference... I can eat anything I want so far. I will get a second one in the new year. My weight loss is definitely slowing down but continued right through the mushies stage. I'm happy with the results but am ready to get the next 5 kgs off.

I can't tell any difference, either. I'm still eating less but it's mostly me and it's easy because I'm not as hungry as I used to be. Who knows why? But I had ham and turkey yesterday and chewed slowly and waited between bites but it didn't feel any different going down. I don't WANT to feel it in a bad way but it makes me curious when I'll be able to tell that I have restriction. Then again, when I stop eating, I am complete satisfied so maybe that's it? I just thought it would feel more "physical."

I can't tell any difference, either. I'm still eating less but it's mostly me and it's easy because I'm not as hungry as I used to be. Who knows why? But I had ham and turkey yesterday and chewed slowly and waited between bites but it didn't feel any different going down. I don't WANT to feel it in a bad way but it makes me curious when I'll be able to tell that I have restriction. Then again, when I stop eating, I am complete satisfied so maybe that's it? I just thought it would feel more "physical."

I know what you mean Longhorn, I don't want to be feeling sick to know I have restriction. I just don't want to be able to eat so easily. I definitely over did it yesterday... counted around 1500 cals... not good. I have been on less than 900 cals most days. Weekends seem to be the worst for me... too much time on my hands! Looks like I need to be more disciplined until my next fill.

I know what you mean Longhorn, I don't want to be feeling sick to know I have restriction. I just don't want to be able to eat so easily. I definitely over did it yesterday... counted around 1500 cals... not good. I have been on less than 900 cals most days. Weekends seem to be the worst for me... too much time on my hands! Looks like I need to be more disciplined until my next fill.

Yes, I wish I knew what it will "feel" like. For me right now it's all willpower, and I'm not good at willpower! :)

I am okay with willpower when I'm working but if I am bored, then watch out. I still feel a little tight if I overdo it but I really need another fill to get back to that amazing weight loss I had in the first 5 weeks. Good luck to everyone going through the xmas period... I'm going to have to do more walks to ensure I don't put on weight.

Had my first fill today. The numbing shot stung a bit but not too bad. The nurse asked me to take a sip of Water and that water hung out in my throat forever! I've only been able to take in small sips of water all day and feel as if I did a few days after surgery. I hope she didn't fill it too much. I'll give it a few days and see how it feels.

I wish I could say that Cindy... mine is quite the opposite. I hope my next fill has more restriction. How much fill did you get?

I had my first fill today Dec. 18 2cc. the opening to my port move so it took a while to find. I feel the same I hope I have restriction again. Great news is I lost a total of 36lbs and three dress size:clap2: since banded on nov. 12.

just got back from first fill. learned i have the AP 10cc band, not the inamed 4cc band they gave me takehome stuff for on surgery day. i also learned i was at 1.6 from initial placement, and she filled me to 3.5 today. we will cross are fingers and see how things go. definately feeling rumbly from Water moving thru things.

I was banded on Nov 12 and don't go back for my first fill until Jan 2. I am wondering if I will even get a fill then. I am not physically very hungry. I don't know why. Maybe the band is pressing on alll the right places. My big problem is "head" hunger in the evening, which I know is really just boredom. I need to keep busy. This (I am sure) will keep me from nibbling and will also burn more calories.

Also, I am fine as long as there are no forbidden foods to tempt me in the house. Really, who cares if you nibble on cottage cheese? However, these last few weeks, there have been caramel apples and chocolate covered almonds in the house. I feel like a mouse sneaking in and nibbling. I DO write everything down and my calories have been mostly under 900 per day (except the last week was 1200 per day).

Still 1200 calories is less than what I burn by a significant amount, and I think the little excursion to higher calories (and more food volume) actually jogged something loose (both metabolism-wise and waste-elimination-wise, if you know what I mean).

I started out in size 24 and now I can pull my 22 jeans down without unbuttoning. I'm a happy girl.