Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill

Foofy:

I was feeling the same way but I got a fill anyway and I don't feel any different. I'm glad I got it because it will likely take a few more before I get restriction so when and if my "old ways" return, I'll be that much closer to being able to handle it.

Although I find myself thinking about food now and then, all I have to do is question whether I'm really hungry and I find that I'm not. Now, I used to try to think it away before the band and it didn't usually work so something is definitely different! I feel like the edge is off of my hunger and it has affected my head hunger, too.

I called the doctor's office to book my 2nd fill and the first available is 23 January. They said they will call me if there's a cancellation before that. I definitely need a little more restriction at the moment.

I called the doctor's office to book my 2nd fill and the first available is 23 January. They said they will call me if there's a cancellation before that. I definitely need a little more restriction at the moment.

I made my next appointment at my last appointment and was hoping to get one at 4 weeks, which would be January 11. However, my doctor only does fills on Fridays and he was already booked so I took January 18. The office manager said she would call me if there's a cancellation. He wants to see me once a month regardless if I get a fill.

I hope you can get in sooner! I'm okay now but who knows how I'll feel in a few weeks? :)

I just got my first fill date changed today. It was 1/9 but I am leaving out for a long business trip on the 10th and didn't want to be on the road just after my first fill. I got it bumped up a week to the 2nd of January. That is one less week of this hunger... hopefully.

Maybe I will get lucky and get good restriction right off the bat.

I made my next appointment at my last appointment and was hoping to get one at 4 weeks, which would be January 11. However, my doctor only does fills on Fridays and he was already booked so I took January 18. The office manager said she would call me if there's a cancellation. He wants to see me once a month regardless if I get a fill.

I hope you can get in sooner! I'm okay now but who knows how I'll feel in a few weeks? :)

What a bummer. I am already hungrier than I was and I'm trying not to over do it but another month to wait... hope things don't go crazy in that time. We'll just have to urge each other on. :clap2: :clap2:

I just got my first fill date changed today. It was 1/9 but I am leaving out for a long business trip on the 10th and didn't want to be on the road just after my first fill. I got it bumped up a week to the 2nd of January. That is one less week of this hunger... hopefully.

Maybe I will get lucky and get good restriction right off the bat.

This sounds very wise to me. Chances are, things will be fine after your first fill but better to be cautious and give yourself a chance to adjust, if necessary. Glad you could make the change!

What a bummer. I am already hungrier than I was and I'm trying not to over do it but another month to wait... hope things don't go crazy in that time. We'll just have to urge each other on. :clap2: :clap2:

We have a lot in common: same age, banded the same day, and I hear Texans and Australians aren't that different from one another. :) So, yes, let's try to keep each other on track.

I don't go back to work until January 14 and I don't work in a typical work environment -- I go from one campus to another to teach. This makes it easier for me because I am only around the food that I buy and I don't buy things that tempt me. Of course, as I say this, I just shared a bottle of wine with my son, who is a Marine home on leave until tomorrow. :)

But empty calories aside, there are worse things than a couple of glasses of wine. :) I've said all along that I'll be a slow loser and one of the reasons is that I'd rather not suffer too much along the way. I don't have any trigger foods and I don't binge so I'm not risking too much to occasionally eat on special occasions and when I'm hungry. I'm more likely to stay on course for the long run if I don't get too severe on the way.

I'm still finding that eating plenty of Protein fills me up and keeps my mind off of food for long periods of time. How about you?

Finally, I found someone to relate to. I have the same feelings and thoughts. I am hungry after my first fill. I have 2mm and I don't feel no difference. Tell me more about your case please!

Finally, I found someone to relate to. I have the same feelings and thoughts. I am hungry after my first fill. I have 2mm and I don't feel no difference. Tell me more about your case please!

To whom are you addressing this? If you use the "quote" feature at the bottom right of each post, it's easier to carry on a conversation. :)

To whom are you addressing this? If you use the "quote" feature at the bottom right of each post, it's easier to carry on a conversation. :)

It was for you!Longhorn!

:)

It was for you!Longhorn!

I called my doctor and he said to go back to Tijuana for another fill but I just had it 12-15-07 and it was not a pleaseant feeling. And the commutting was a killer.

What do you think I should do?

I called my doctor and he said to go back to Tijuana for another fill but I just had it 12-15-07 and it was not a pleaseant feeling. And the commutting was a killer.

What do you think I should do?

Well, it has always been my understanding that we don't generally get restriction until four or five fills or more. I really, really do not want to be one of those people who get stuck or vomit all the time. I realize that some people feel it's not that big of deal and it's worth it to them to be very restricted so that they lose more quickly. I never question what other people think is best for them but it's definitely not what's best for me.

So personally, I'd rather take it slow and get small fills that allow me to adjust to this new way of eating. I'm also in my fifties, married almost 32 years, mother to four grown children, content in my career -- so I have no reason to be impatient. Others who are single or hoping to have children or who feel like their weight is holding them back in their careers or lives have much more incentive to get their weight off quickly, especially if they have more to lose than I do.

I'm usually an impatient and competitive person and there are times when I see how quickly others are losing who were banded at the same time as me that I'm a little envious but I just remind myself that we're each different.

If you're feeling good otherwise but are battling hunger, then maybe you should get another fill. I've heard that fills can take some time to "kick in" but I suspect that's more true with later fills than the first one. If heading down to Mexico right now is inconvenient and you think you can handle it until a better time, that makes sense, too.

There's a lap band surgeon who is now posting on this board -- DrWatkins -- and he said he believes that you should be filled to as much as you can handle. Do you have someplace local where you can get an unfill if necessary? I think that would influence how aggressive I am more than anything.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

I had to have my fill undone today. For the last 2 days, I could barely sip Water and had pain in my stomach and back. I also came down with a cold so that didn't help. My doctor has 3 nurse practioners that do the fills so someone is always available. Found out today that I have a 10cc band and the doctor had already filled it with 5cc in surgery to make it fit better. So I already had some restriction. The nurse said that some of the fill from surgery goes down so I had 4cc when I went into the office on Monday. She added 2 which was too much. My digestive system was so out of whack by today that she had to take the 2 out so now I'm back down to 5. The pain is gone and I can drink again. We'll see how I do the next 2 weeks and if needed I'll get a small fill. I'm going to really focus on making better food choices which I was slipping on in the past 2 weeks.

On a positive note, I lost 3 more pounds over the last 2 days from not eating at all. I don't think that's the way it's supposed to work!

I got my first fill today. I have a 10 cc band. He said he put 4 cc's when I had surgery, then added 2.2 today. I'm suppose to do liquids for 48 hours. Soft foods on Friday

Ok...guys I am so jealous. I have to wait 2 more weeks before my first fill. I am definately getting more hungry. I was able to eat Breakfast and not get hungry before lunchtime but now I am needing a snack between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner to stave off my hunger. However, I am still losing. Lost 3 lbs last week and total of 10lbs in two weeks but it is through working the diet. I know I can make it especially coming on LBT for support.