Jump to content
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im scared of gaining weight through this crisis

Recommended Posts

I posted in another thread that I am taking this time to challenge myself. I started c25k yesterday and want to run a 5k in the future. After trying to motivate my sales staff I realized I needed it too so I’m challenging myself to come out of this quarantine in better shape! Between trying to run, using a kettlebell, dumbbells, a couple of bands and back to the basics, ie pushups, lunges, walking planks, etc, I’m just trying to stay active. #quarantineweightlosschallenge 😎

I agree turn off the news - control the things you can control and don’t worry about the things you can’t control. This virus will take its course and nothing anyone can do about it and in reality you only have a 3% chance of hospitalization. 97% of the population will be fine!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/31/2020 at 11:28 AM, interstellar said:

Hi and yes I completely feel you! I have been grazing and my weight is climbing by the day! I am going to try online discussion groups for my anxiety tied to the uncertainty at this time rather than self soothe with food. As an emotional eater I seem to try to feel
Better with food and end up feeling worse.

I am with you! I completely understand how you feel. I am also an emotional eater. I apprec6the encouraging words. I have made some bad choices this week and I am concerned that I didn't lose weight this week (I weigh on Mondays).

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • zombierayvinn

      I am almost 8 weeks post op and I am down to 157 from 202. I have been struggling with nausea but not vomiting. Anyone else having this happen?
      · 3 replies
      1. Bastian

        After having horrendous nausea I did some reading and it seems quite common. Especially if you have ruled out eating too fast/too big a mouthful. Also drinking too soon will make you feel sick. I now take 2 antiemetics to help with my nausea, hopefully yours is just that you need to slow down eating etc

      2. BayougirlMrsS

        agree with the above. start a log of what and when you eat/drink

      3. zombierayvinn

        Thank you. I get the nausea throughout the day and night its kind of weird.

    • WInston223322

      Been a hell of a good Journey and thanx to all 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Steph1999x

      Post op day 2...so far so good!
      · 1 reply
      1. LisaDee1

        What state are you in????

    • Krestel

      Officially no longer over weight! Goal #1 reached! I'm now under 80kgs (176 lbs) at 179cm (5'10") and 10 months post-op and am over the moon. My weight at 79.9 kgs (176 lbs) gives me a BMI of 24.9 which means that I have a normal weight! OMG.
      I still want to lose about 16 lbs more though in order to get safely into the middle range to insure against that little regain that happens. The I have maintenence in front of me as well.
      BUT I have hit my first goal. Yeah me!!!
      · 1 reply
      1. biginjapan

        Fantastic! That's such a great goal to reach and one I hope to get to this year as well.

    • TWCook

      I had my gastric sleeve done September 10, 2020... I started out 330# before surgery.... I'm down to 260# now... I've been stalled out for over two months now.... I exercise when I can (Bad back/knees)... I follow my diet , get my protein and drink my water... But still not losing any weight... I've done everything I can think of to break the stall.... Even went back to liquid diet....  Sometimes I think this was a mistake having the surgery...
      · 1 reply
      1. Boss lady84

        sorry to hear that don't feel down. Maybe a reset meaning something new. I am in the process of having the surgery a second time. I had Lapland in 2012 removed in 2018 and I have gained everything back and some. When I stalled on lapband I had to do something new for me I joined a free boot camp and Zumba and then boom dropped 38 pounds in 2 months. I know you said bad back and knees so find something with your limits. But I think try something new I stalled for 8 months

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...