Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 01/23/2020 at 09:55, Fatboyslim1 said:

1) What the hell is vegimite?

2) If we didn't all cheat, none of us would have needed surgery

:D

Still saying “we all cheat”? Again, not everyone cheats! Stop giving yourself permission to cheat with that thinking! It gives people the wrong message.

1 hour ago, Celeste kimberly said:

Why did you have both surgery's if you don't mind me asking.
Also my surgeon said I had to do it for 4 weeks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

banded in 2009, lost from 232# to 143#... in March 2017 got the flu... band slipped. No WLS for 2.5+ years.... revised to the sleeve 8/28/19.... lost the 30# i regained and 9ish plus.

Yes I'm a vegemite kid just like I'm a weetbix kid & you're not Australian if you didn't have them in your house growing up :)

so yes it's been hard giving up on piping hot toast with butter and vegemite mmmmm

2 hours ago, Joy2me said:

Still saying “we all cheat”? Again, not everyone cheats! Stop giving yourself permission to cheat with that thinking! It gives people the wrong message.

Thanks for the advise. When I am in need of more insipid guidance I shall most certainly cc you for pre-approval. As for the rest of the audience, I am quite sure they "got it".

On 01/23/2020 at 19:18, Fatboyslim1 said:

Thanks for the advise. When I am in need of more insipid guidance I shall most certainly cc you for pre-approval. As for the rest of the audience, I am quite sure they "got it".

As long as you keep saying “everyone cheats”, I will always quickly challenge you, as most of us don’t cheat.

2 minutes ago, Joy2me said:

As long as you keep saying “everyone cheats”, I will always quickly challenge you, as most of us don’t cheat.

1) grow up, and for starters, fix your profile. You so far sound like a troll,and that seems to match you profile height.

2) go back and read the OP. It is specifically referencing a pre-surgery event. Read it real slow, then think about all of the diets you must have been on which brought you to where you decided to get surgery.

If you still don't get it, post again and maybe I can draw a picture.

To the OP I’d say maybe work on that feeling of being ‘disgusted’. There’s no reason to feel that way about yourself. This is a long road and there will be times you stall or even gain. It’s part of the journey. Being disgusted serves no purpose. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move on.

Vegemite is yummy. A thin scraping on buttered toast with a poached or scrambled egg or with grilled cheese = delish. The problem is most non Aussies or Brits ( they eat Marmite and it’s very similar ) don’t know how to eat it. They spread it on thick like they would PB and that is gross. It’s a bit like wasabi, less is more.

Oh I used to love either fresh white bread thick marg and thick vegemite; same with my hot toast loved thick marg piping hot or vegemite and jam :)

Marmite is stronger tasting not the best..

also loved my PB+J

sometimes do miss bread....

I love Marmite. Vegemite is too grainy.

You will have some slips. There are simply times when temptation and opportunity, combined with hunger/stress are too much. But the key is to learn from the experience. If you can look back and really examine what happened, it can help you set up a plan for the next time. For example, I have learned to ALWAYS carry a Protein Shake with me, just in case I get stuck somewhere late, or am feeling overwhelming hunger that is going to cause me to dive into some kind of food I will regret later. Another example - When I first started riding longer distances on my bike, I would finish feeling very thirsty and craving salt. This led to a couple of drive through french fry attacks, which made me sick both times. But I learned that it was salt I was craving, so found some electrolyte replacement to use during my rides, and it has never happened since. :) There are all kinds of little behavioral hacks you can initiate to keep you from slipping up, but the key is to learn, learn, learn, and then devise a plan. Recently I read that a bad habit cannot be broken without a replacement good behavior. You can't just leave a void. An example of that might be to take a little short walk instead of eating, when feeling emotional stress or frustration. This really works for me. Instead of stewing over something and eating for emotional comfort, I get outside and just walk for 10 minutes. That's all it takes.

I was the "perfect" WLS patient for 6 months! Never cheated. But as maintenance approached, anxiety increased. New foods needed to be added to keep from losing weight. I slipped up quite a few times, but I have learned from every experience and I feel I am much stronger now for it. I've learned so many techniques and have a lot more "food resilience" now. I am in more control and make better choices when confronted with temptation. I never would have learned these things without the mistakes. Failure is an opportunity to learn and improve - not to beat yourself up. :)

You will have some slips. There are simply times when temptation and opportunity, combined with hunger/stress are too much. But the key is to learn from the experience. If you can look back and really examine what happened, it can help you set up a plan for the next time. For example, I have learned to ALWAYS carry a Protein Shake with me, just in case I get stuck somewhere late, or am feeling overwhelming hunger that is going to cause me to dive into some kind of food I will regret later. Another example - When I first started riding longer distances on my bike, I would finish feeling very thirsty and craving salt. This led to a couple of drive through french fry attacks, which made me sick both times. But I learned that it was salt I was craving, so found some electrolyte replacement to use during my rides, and it has never happened since. [emoji4] There are all kinds of little behavioral hacks you can initiate to keep you from slipping up, but the key is to learn, learn, learn, and then devise a plan. Recently I read that a bad habit cannot be broken without a replacement good behavior. You can't just leave a void. An example of that might be to take a little short walk instead of eating, when feeling emotional stress or frustration. This really works for me. Instead of stewing over something and eating for emotional comfort, I get outside and just walk for 10 minutes. That's all it takes.
I was the "perfect" WLS patient for 6 months! Never cheated. But as maintenance approached, anxiety increased. New foods needed to be added to keep from losing weight. I slipped up quite a few times, but I have learned from every experience and I feel I am much stronger now for it. I've learned so many techniques and have a lot more "food resilience" now. I am in more control and make better choices when confronted with temptation. I never would have learned these things without the mistakes. Failure is an opportunity to learn and improve - not to beat yourself up. [emoji4]

Thank you that's very helpful advice. Is it ok to have an extra shake or bar if I'm struggling? I wasn't sure if that was just as bad.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Vegemite is made from brewer’s yeast. Even though I’m an Aussie I way prefer Promite probably because it’s sweeter & smoother. It’s also made from brewer’s yeast.

If I had vegemite I had to spread the butter extra thick on my toast to dilute the strong beefy flavour.

I miss squeezing butter & promite through the holes in vita weet. Oh and fresh baked white bread with promite. Mmmmmm.

@Celeste kimberly: Don’t think of having the sandwich as cheating unless you intend to break your diet again. Think of it as a slip. Slips are random & rare while cheating happens often.

Forgive yourself a slip, pick yourself up & keep moving forward. This is a whole new world.