Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh, Just Another Plastics Story



Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, pssk said:

Congratulations! I’m happy for you and plan on joining the club in about a year.

I cannot wait to see all the new outfits! I just read that TT can mean 2-3 size change after swelling subsides.

No rush, do it at the pace that is comfortable to you and your budget ❤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations and good luck. I'd like to do that too, depending on the cost and whether or not I lose 20 more lbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GradyCat said:

I'd like to do that too, depending on the cost and whether or not I lose 20 more lbs.

I have to do my anastomosis revision and hiatoplastic/gastropexia first I guess. 😔

Surgeon said that patients can have an additional 10% weight loss after this. So I definitely don't want to rush the plastics stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 2 post plastics: TMI TIME 😅

Lots of swelling and pain but i 💩 today! Seeing how everyone was constipated I decided to get ahead of the game with laxatives and stool softeners yesterday. Worth it 🏆

I am very tightly repaired (diastasis recti) and my surgeon somehow magically fixed my thighs. Shook 😳👏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Yes unfortunately I could not find a $ugar Daddy

ROFL.

I guess I will be a self-pay, too. I guess it's not "enough" loose skin for insurance to pay (ok, I won't exclude being lucky so lets wait and see, I'm financially prepared already for the worst case though).

I'm looking into the Avelar technique and would have to go to Austria then but I essentially cancelled all the thoughts about plastics (well, almost all thoughts...) when surgeons recommended a revision and told me to expect another 10% weight loss. 6.something kg doesn't sound that much but at a height of 167 cm it means more than two BMI points.

However, I can have a mommy makeover myself then when the time comes around. Surgeons in Germany usually don't do breasts and tummy in one sitting when insurance covers the procedures because of how hospital stays are paid. (Germany's health care system is sick in its own special way.)

ETA: Yes, gotta see the bright site of being a self-pay. One can get what's medically safe and not what some insurance company thinks they're going to pay for.

Edited by summerset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrads and I am in Naples accross the alley - So the real question is can you go to fantasy fest and be painted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, summerset said:

ROFL.

I guess I will be a self-pay, too. I guess it's not "enough" loose skin for insurance to pay (ok, I won't exclude being lucky so lets wait and see, I'm financially prepared already for the worst case though).

I'm looking into the Avelar technique and would have to go to Austria then but I essentially cancelled all the thoughts about plastics (well, almost all thoughts...) when surgeons recommended a revision and told me to expect another 10% weight loss. 6.something kg doesn't sound that much but at a height of 167 cm it means more than two BMI points.

However, I can have a mommy makeover myself then when the time comes around. Surgeons in Germany usually don't do breasts and tummy in one sitting when insurance covers the procedures because of how hospital stays are paid. (Germany's health care system is sick in its own special way.)

You are fortunate not to have crazy loose skin and I'm jealous.

Honestly the pain of the Tummy Tuck supersedes the breast... I barely feel that

I think insurance would have covered it but i wanted it done immediately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, AJ Tylo said:

Congrads and I am in Naples accross the alley - So the real question is can you go to fantasy fest and be painted?

Thanks ❤ and Nope 😅

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats! So beyond excited for you! Good bye, rectus...blah blah blah!!! Hello flat tums!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

You are fortunate not to have crazy loose skin and I'm jealous.

I can understand not wanting to jump through all of these silly insurance hoops and feeling like a piece of meat that's inspected by some stranger.

I will for sure try to get at least partial coverage but that "6 month of stable weight" alone means at least another year of waiting for me in the end.

And I have crazy loose skin on the front of my body... and also some lumps of fat on my upper inner thighs that really look out of proportion there.

image.png.a92c21f53ca0954c2a997fd69abd9ef2.pngI wish the rest of my body would look as defined as my back. 😞

Edited by summerset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, summerset said:

I can understand not wanting to jump through all of these silly insurance hoops and feeling like a piece of meat that's inspected by some stranger.

I will for sure try to get at least partial coverage but that "6 month of stable weight" alone means at least another year of waiting for me in the end.

And I have crazy loose skin on the front of my body... and also some lumps of fat on my upper inner thighs that really look out of proportion there.

image.png.a92c21f53ca0954c2a997fd69abd9ef2.pngI wish the rest of my body would look as defined as my back. 😞

Your back looks phenomenal ❤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • boot44

      ON MARCH 9 I WILL HAVE COMPLETE ALL MY REQUIREMENTBEFORE SURGURY CAN BE SCHEDULED. BUT I AM GETTING COLD FEET.  I AM 61 YEARS OLD AND I AM JUST AFRAID BECAUSE OF WHAT PEOPLE WILL SAY. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael

      @summerset
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      ❤❤SAFE SURGERY & SPEEDY RECOVERY❤❤
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Darbs4Mayor

      Met with my surgeon yesterday and he said that he is so excited for me and the progress that will be made! Waiting for insurance pre-auth and then will get everything scheduled! 
       
      So excited to start this journey and become a new person!! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      New found appreciation for you all!
      So Im back in the US to take care of my aging father and it seems like more than ever that being bigger is the norm everywhere here. I cant say that Ive been the best, healthiest me at the moment, but I think you all Americans are doing GREAT to even be working towards the goal of getting healthier in face of all this temptation (even if you are a "slow loser"). So give all yourselves a pat on the back!
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

        Yep. Temptation around every corner!

    • zombierayvinn

      I am now 10 days post op and I am down 16lbs. I had an allergic reaction to the glue my doctor used so I am still sore and trying to keep moving to not get stiff. 
      · 2 replies
      1. Tory Myers

        Hello congratulations on your new journey I am 5 days post op and still trying to get the hang of things. I’m supposed to return back to work in a few days but still sore as well. Do you have any advice for me being 5 days post opt?

      2. zombierayvinn

        I am 14 days out and still sore. Just walk and walk is what I can say helps me

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×