Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The biggest emotional rollercoaster with this surgery

Gosh, what a total rollercoaster, you poor thing!

The Dr I saw who referred me couldn't be more supportive, she is quite young and totally across all the latest knowledge of metabolic syndrome and various other things making "natural" weight loss very hard, she told me that a number of her patients had WLS with very good results. I would be gutted if she suddenly did a 180 and said now I don't support it, don't do it etc.

In your case it sounds like her "boss" has been the one to influence her against it, possibly for her own reasons unknown to you.

What a rollercoaster for real!!! Congratulations!! All is well that ends well!! Your pcp and her "boss" will eat their words in a year's time! This is all the motivation you need!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

17 hours ago, Soon2bSleeved12/2019 said:

Sorry for the long post but Omg what an emotional rollercoaster. So I finished all my pre op work and went to my pcp last week Friday. I was explaining to her that I was finally done with my 6 month nutritionist appointments and that I’m super excited, (I finished all my preop clearances in 1 week) My surgeon saw me the day before and gave me a surgery date of December 17! I thought my pcp would be excited since she was the one who referred me there and I’ve been giving her updates monthly but she gave her an entire 360. She seriously got her boss and after my labs were done, tried to convince me not to get the surgery. They seriously told me anything that can possibly go wrong, they told me surgeons only care about making money and then when the patient is sick they have to deal with the consequences. She admitted that she sent me there thinking he would just put me on a diet or hope that he would say I didn’t qualify. When she said that my heart shattered. Here I went to her thinking she would be thrilled and suddenly I felt attacked by both of them. I had to defend my reason for the surgery, her boss said had I gone to her she would never have referred me. She seriously said in her entire 20+ year career she has only referred 1 person. Wth?! How u tell me this 12 days before my surgery? I have been coming here monthly and have kept you in the loop on my progress. I told her from day one my surgeon said I qualified. What did she think that I was lying? She did give me a letter of support 2 weeks ago didnt she? she then said she didn’t think my insurance would qualify me because I only have asthma and Gerd and my BMI is 36. Honestly they killed my spirit. I was depressed all weekend but nonetheless this Monday I went to the hospital and did my preregistration. They told me everything looked good just waiting for Insurance to approve. When she said that I became more anxious. I waited until the next day and this past Tuesday I called my surgeons office. I asked if they had any update and I was told by my surgeons assistant that I was DENIED. My heart shattered again. I couldn’t understand how after so much work I put in I was denied. The surgeons assistant told me to give her until Thursday to have my surgeon call himself and try to get it overturned. Needless to say I had not slept since Tuesday. Well she just called me and told me I was approved! They did it!!! Omg I was so happy to hear this I cried. I’m usually lurking here but I posted this hoping to give at least one person hope. Don’t give up, even when those you expect to support you don’t. I was able to keep my surgery date Dec 17! My surgeons office submitted my insurance approval on Thursday, I called Tuesday and had a denial and 2 days later it was approved!

Report the doctor to the medical board.. They are not meant to have bias.

They take an oath and duty of care. Find a better doctor after surgery..

I’m so sorry it was so rough! My primary did not support it either, then she went on leave. After finding out I’d have to wait another 6 months for her to approve, I switched my primary doc & was immediately approved. Congratulations & Good Luck!

22 minutes ago, adkmalik said:

I’m so sorry it was so rough! My primary did not support it either, then she went on leave. After finding out I’d have to wait another 6 months for her to approve, I switched my primary doc & was immediately approved. Congratulations & Good Luck!

Smart and quick thinking. Advocate for yourself.

What a shitty thing to do to a person. I am so sorry you had that experience. As hard as this is I would do it over again in a second

hey guys! I had my surgery on Tuesday December 17! I’m so glad I did it. I’m so thankful that things came out well and I’m on the other side. What my doctor did, seems so foreign to me right about now. I’m focused on this new opportunity God has given me and I’m so grateful. 1 week post op and I have lost 10 pounds! Crazy since I started with a BMI of 35. I have been walking a lot, and following my surgeons instructions to the T. I’m still in liquids until I see him next week but I’m doing well. I thought Christmas Eve would be hard with all the food around but nope. I put my Protein Shake in a glass and enjoyed it while my family had dinner. ❤️love this tool. ❤️❤️💕

On 12/13/2019 at 12:00 PM, Superman84 said:

Soontobesleeved, I was so so sorry to hear about your experience . It must have been awful for you

On 12/25/2019 at 7:20 PM, Soon2bSleeved12/2019 said:

hey guys! I had my surgery on Tuesday December 17! I’m so glad I did it. I’m so thankful that things came out well and I’m on the other side. What my doctor did, seems so foreign to me right about now. I’m focused on this new opportunity God has given me and I’m so grateful. 1 week post op and I have lost 10 pounds! Crazy since I started with a BMI of 35. I have been walking a lot, and following my surgeons instructions to the T. I’m still in liquids until I see him next week but I’m doing well. I thought Christmas Eve would be hard with all the food around but nope. I put my Protein Shake in a glass and enjoyed it while my family had dinner. ❤️love this tool. ❤️❤️💕

soon2bsleeved , I was so so sorry to read about your awful experience . Icant even imagine how you must have felt , but happy to hear it came out right for you in the end. These are supposed to be professional people !! How could she do that !! It’s admirable that you didn’t give up , well done and I’m so pleased you got. it done , but you shouldn’t have to have gone through all. that stress. You. should report it . Are these people completely void of any kind of compassion at all?!! Apart from that, they have a duty of care , are supposed to be unbiased . VERY unprofessional. Just. curious, Did she give you a reason for overturning the first. decision ? I wish you all the very very best ❤️

What

Glad you’re almost a month out so exciting. Sorry that your medical doctor referred you for a procedure that they later stated they did not think you were appropriate for this is huge amounts of neglect and what a mind cluster. I would never be able to trust that provider again for anything ever ever. Sometimes I’m going over my medical history with a new provider I become self-conscious - in June I had a substitute PCP to clear me for skin removal surgery. Imagine my surprise when she said you go girl!!! Do whatever it takes to live large I was stunned and I’ve held that comment close to my heart for more than just a fleeting moment. Support feels good. I hope you have a lot of it in your journey.