Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to this page. Had sleeve done 11/15/19

8 minutes ago, NancyLF said:

Not weird at all. I didn't feel hunger until my 3-4th week or so. I'd go into Mom's kitchen right after she baked a cake & yes, it smelled delish - but I wasn't interested in or wished for it either! That sure made things easier!

Im 2 weeks out as well and occasionally get a slight hunger feeling but it never lasts long. pizza sounds amazing but the calories etc do not lol that was one of my favorite foods! But I'm sure once we're able to have normal food again, there's a healthier way to make your own pizza 🤩

4 minutes ago, Rolltide87 said:

Im 2 weeks out as well and occasionally get a slight hunger feeling but it never lasts long. pizza sounds amazing but the calories etc do not lol that was one of my favorite foods! 🤩

One of my surgeon's patients lost her mind (his words) & scarfed down TWO SLICES of pizzas less than 2 weeks after her surgery! She ended up in the ER. As far as I know, she's OK, but learned a painful lesson!

3 minutes ago, NancyLF said:

One of my surgeon's patients lost her mind (his words) & scarfed down TWO SLICES of pizzas less than 2 weeks after her surgery! She ended up in the ER. As far as I know, she's OK, but learned a painful lesson!

Ahhh why?! I'm terrified to even take a bigger gulp of Water than I was told to in fear something will happen 😲 bless her heart. I love pizza but I'm not willing to burst because of food. My surgery was painful as is and left me terrified to end up in the hospital again.. no thanks !

I wouldn’t bless her heart. That was plain stupid & sabotaging surgery. Why go thru this & not follow plan. Hope she learned lesson or she is doomed for failure and/or do real damage to herself. And I’m 2 months out & my nutritionist says I can try cauliflower crusted vegetable pizza. And I’m nervous to do that!

Edited by Meadow76

18 minutes ago, Meadow76 said:

I wouldn’t bless her heart. That was plain stupid & sabotaging surgery. Why go thru this & not follow plan. Hope she learned lesson or she is doomed for failure and/or do real damage to herself. And I’m 2 months out & my nutritionist says I can try cauliflower crusted vegetable pizza. And I’m nervous to do that!

I'm from the south lol so when we say "bless your/her heart" means they were not so smart and made a dumb decision so I hope she learned. My friend said she had a friend that decided to have chili after surgery and it busted his stomach and he had to have surgery again .. ugh Cauliflower pizza is actually really good! I've had it and I like it .

I’m a northerner so gotcha! I’ve had chili several times with no issue. But not until at least 5-6 weeks after surgery. I’m very careful what I eat- how I eat & when I eat. I’m real fearful of getting sick.

Crystal, I had my surgery done Wednesday and I am having some tenderness and I think it’s because I’m scared to move to much. I definitely don’t want to wind up in the hospital again that was awful!!! We are basically a week apart! I’m craving food and I have thought several times what the hell did I do?? What food are you on now?? I cannot stomach the shakes. Let’s do this together!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• SabrinaGoddess

I hate these Lovenox shots.  That is all! LOL
      Feeling like a pin cushion.
      I know they are needed and it's only 10 days worth but I really hate giving myself shots. It's one of the reasons I want to be healthy because diabetes runs in my family

· 2 replies
      1. Jenpet

Weight Loss Queen

2. Jenpet

Weight Loss Queen

• SabrinaGoddess

Yas, I am HOME! Traveling back home was interesting but I made it.
      For the first time in my flying life we had NO drink service due to the turbulence! It was crazy. I had to call the steward to bring me water. You CAN NOT let yourself get behind on drinking! That would be dangerous.
      My new blog post is up! https://sabrinagoddess.com/day-3-4-post-op-doc-visit

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

I am OFFICIALLY SLEEVED! (surgery was Dec 9th, 2019)
      It was an easy procedure for me and I am not having complications. If you want to see part one of my journey go here: https://sabrinagoddess.com/life-on-the-other-side-post-op-wls
      I will be making new posts during this whole process!

· 5 replies
      1. GreenTealael

💚CONGRATULATIONS💚

2. Billy Bob

Glad you survived . lol

3. SabrinaGoddess

@billybob I am thriving and breathing! That's a blessing!

4. BayougirlMrsS

yeahhhhhh we are only 3 months apart on the sleeve journey. I found it has been way easier to lose with the sleeve than it was with the band...... although i loved my band. Sleeve was the easiest SX i ever had too.....

5. SabrinaGoddess

@bayougirlmrss I was told this is the fastest weight loss surgery, but I am not really looking for extremely fast. I want it to be healthy. This is our new tool and we can use it wisely for sure. Are you taking your biotin and vitamins?

• SabrinaGoddess

TOMORROW IS MY DAY! (note this did not post properly so I am still  posting it after the fact)
      I am so very excited! My sister is here with me and my son. I am so excited. My anesthesiologist called me tonight to discuss our plans for tomorrow. I am not feeling nervous at all. Just excited for the future!
      I did buy a few bottles of CFpreop which is really suppose to help you stay hydrated. It's pricey but I feel it's worth it. I tried the Watermelon tonight. I have to stop all liquids after midnight and I go into the hospital at 5:30am for check in. My surgery is at 8am.
      SO HAPPY for this journey!
      You can get the CFpreop on Amazon if anyone is interested. It comes in Watermelon and White Grape.
      Read my night before thoughts on: www.SabrinaGoddess.com

· 6 replies
      1. Jenpet

Weight Loss Queen

2. Jenpet

Weight Loss Queen

3. Jenpet

Weight Loss Queen

4. Jenpet

Weight Loss Queen

5. Jenpet

Weight Loss Queen

6. View All Replies
    • Arabesque

Today I said I’m an XS or size 8 (Aust) at a clothing store. I never thought I’d say those words and say them with confidence. And when I commented a dress was too big on me I was told it was the smallest size. As was the belt I wanted. 

I tried on a slim fitting singlet dress yesterday & was shocked to realise the lumpy bits on the dress were my hip bones. I have an hour glass shape so I always had hips but never ones that stuck out on the front of my body! 

I’ve been a size 10 before - for about 5 minutes. While I am now confident about saying I’m an 8, clothes shopping is all still a bit freaky for me. It’s not that I’m focussed on the size on the label. I’m well aware the cut/line of the clothes and the designer’s style will dictate what size I need or if it will suit my body shape. The size is the starting point & it’s starting at an 8/XS/38 which is a big mind set change. It’s thinking a pair of pants will be too small & discovering they are almost too big. 

While I’m still coming to terms with my actual new body shape and size, I’m very happy to be in this new reality. 

· 4 replies
      1. ms.sss

Yay!!

2. ms.sss

...ah! I see you are from Brisbane! We lived there for a year when Mr. got a work contract there.

I have fond (and not-so-fond, lol) memories of the weather there this time of year. It it crazy hot yet?

3. Arabesque

Hit 42degress last weekend but this week has been in the rather pleasant low 30s (relatively of course😜). Could still wear jeans but thank goodness for air conditioning. Worse is the drought. Everything is dying or dead. Very sad & depressing.

4. ms.sss

I feel ya.

• Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs