Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date

Love your therapist's advice! Although, I really don't have any health issues. I'm a healthy, fat girl! LOL! I guess, my borderline high cholesterol would qualify, and I do have some knee pain at times.
That's great! But we all know what would happen later down the road !

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Rene50, as long as your husband is in FULL SUPPORT of your plan, what else do you need. Bonnie and Clyde...

Mines not, but he’s got his own baggage that I’m tired of carrying. If he won’t deal with his own crap, that his problem. I love him and I always will but at some point I have to put on my big girl panties and deal with my own stuff.

Its a different story for a different day, but putting me first has actually been amazing for our relationship. I was becoming a doormat, and the last 7 months have taught me I have to speak up. He’s started getting things in line to join me on the healthy train. In his own way, but still.

28 minutes ago, TattooedSeaStar said:

Mines not, but he’s got his own baggage that I’m tired of carrying. If he won’t deal with his own crap, that his problem. I love him and I always will but at some point I have to put on my big girl panties and deal with my own stuff.

Its a different story for a different day, but putting me first has actually been amazing for our relationship. I was becoming a doormat, and the last 7 months have taught me I have to speak up. He’s started getting things in line to join me on the healthy train. In his own way, but still.

This is what this journey is about, shedding the dead weight. Being accountable for self and finally working on self preservation. This journey to health is about so much more than weight, its the other things that are weighing us down and hindering our happiness. Unhappy relationships, be it professional, personal, with material, food, self, attachments, substances, health or mental issues, or whatever your varying factors are, check what applies...the weight provides shelter from reality. I have my fears, I have things to contend with that I will deal with when the time comes...but the most important person and thing that I've had to deal with is myself and it hasn't always been pretty on this journey, but so very worth it. I'm not backing down, changing my mind, giving in to anxiety, stressing out or mind tripping myself out of this. I don't know what is going to happen or what to expect or than happiness and blessings, because that is what I believe. I know this is going to be hard, being obese is hard. Cracking knees and all of these crazy health issues are hard, so I'm choosing a hard that leads to better health.

I'm going to use BadWolfGirl's quote from her therapist because I'm a secret sleever. My people who know what this procedure is for are very few, the other's believe it is for pre-existing conditions. I know people are going to talk about us either way, so get your popcorn sit down and enjoy the show 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽!!!! Can we get a standing ovation for a job well done and a shot of Whiskey, for when I heal....lol

Edited by Krimsonbutterflies

This is what this journey about, shedding the dead weight. Being accountable for self and finally working on self preservation. This journey to health is about so much more than weight, its the other things that are weighing us down and hindering our happiness. Unhappy relationships, be it professional, personal, with material, food, self, attachments, substances, health or mental issues, or whatever...the weight provides shelter from reality. I have my fears, I have things to contend with that I will deal with when the time comes...but the most important person and thing that I've had to deal with is myself and it hasn't always been pretty on this journey, but so very worth it. I'm not backing down, changing my mind, giving in to anxiety, stressing out or mind tripping myself out of this. I don't know what is going to happen or what to expect or than happiness and blessings, because that is what I believe. I know this is going to be hard, being obese is hard. Cracking knees and all of these crazy health issues are hard, so I'm choosing a hard that leads to better health.
I'm going to use BadWolfGirl's quote from her therapist because I'm a secret sleever. My people who know what this procedure is for are very few, the other's believe it is for pre-existing conditions. I know people are going to talk about us either way, so get your popcorn sit down and enjoy the show !!!! Can we get a standing ovation for a job well done and a shot of Whiskey, for when I heal....lol
Oh hell yes!

I just wanted to update. I’m 4 days post op. Surgery 14th. Today I am feeling a lot better still nauseous with Water but water is all I drink other than Protein shakes( ensure max protein) because I’m not a sweet drink type of person always loved my water. I am also allowed strained Soups etc anything that does through a strainer. I have my first post op Tuesday one week and can graduate to soft foods eggs refried bean cottage cheese etc
I feel a lot better with knowing when i will get full. Cause sometimes full hits u like a Mac truck lol and ur like omg 😳blahhhh

2 hours ago, TattooedSeaStar said:

They won't be big girl panties for much longer, lol.

1 hour ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

😂That's right!

3 hours ago, sarahSingh91 said:

I just wanted to update. I’m 4 days post op. Surgery 14th. Today I am feeling a lot better still nauseous with Water but Water is all I drink other than Protein shakes( ensure max protein) because I’m not a sweet drink type of person always loved my water. I am also allowed strained Soups etc anything that does through a strainer. I have my first post op Tuesday one week and can graduate to soft foods eggs refried bean cottage cheese etc
I feel a lot better with knowing when i will get full. Cause sometimes full hits u like a Mac truck lol and ur like omg 😳blahhhh

Thanks for updating us. It sounds like your recovery is moving right along! How is the soreness?

1 hour ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

True that!! And I’m going back to my pre fat days andnonly wearing Vicky’s (Better known as Victoria’s Secret)

On 01/18/2020 at 18:21, rene50 said:

Thanks for updating us. It sounds like your recovery is moving right along! How is the soreness?

Still sore when I twist or bend and lift baby. I just need to learn to listen to my body and take it slow. But the pain is minimal I am only taking Tylenol. The pain from a sip to big is worse than surgery pain :D everyone laughs and asks me how a sip can be too big. Well it can lol or when u eat a popsicle and u also swallow air. That’s uncomfortable

Well here's my surgery story. My surgery was pushed back from 7:15 to 9:45am on Thursday, so at least I got to sleep later. Spent an hour of pre-OP getting IV, stomach shaved, pre-OP meds. Surgery started at 10 am, they gave versed and the only thing I remember was sliding over to operating table, then it wa lights out.

Post-OP had quite a bit of pain, but nurses quickly gave meds to help, dilaudid works great. Had to spend some time in post OP waiting for a room. Once I got to roommgot some more dilaudid. Didn't have much nausea or pain. Got ice chips to suck on at first then switched to Water. Has some stomach cramping when I sipped but it's just a small twinge and then it was OK. My biggest complaint is the kept coming every hour and waking me up for vitals, draw blood, get my blood sugar. I couldn't get any rest. Next day was better as I just asked them to try and group things so to give me more time to rest.

Switched from IV pain meds to oral, liquid hydrocodone and liquid tylenol. The gave me some issues with nausea. Got about 4 hour sleep on Friday and Saturday morning got discharged. My incisions don't hurt much at all and I am doing good sipping water and Protein Shake. Takes me about 2 hours to get one shake down. Popsicles go down much easier for me. I got these below an fill the with Protein Shakes and Protein water to make protein sicles

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTZWW22/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On 01/18/2020 at 23:04, Uomograsso said:

Well here's my surgery story. My surgery was pushed back from 7:15 to 9:45am on Thursday, so at least I got to sleep later. Spent an hour of pre-OP getting IV, stomach shaved, pre-OP meds. Surgery started at 10 am, they gave versed and the only thing I remember was sliding over to operating table, then it wa lights out.

Post-OP had quite a bit of pain, but nurses quickly gave meds to help, dilaudid works great. Had to spend some time in post OP waiting for a room. Once I got to roommgot some more dilaudid. Didn't have much nausea or pain. Got ice chips to suck on at first then switched to Water. Has some stomach cramping when I sipped but it's just a small twinge and then it was OK. My biggest complaint is the kept coming every hour and waking me up for vitals, draw blood, get my blood sugar. I couldn't get any rest. Next day was better as I just asked them to try and group things so to give me more time to rest.

Switched from IV pain meds to oral, liquid hydrocodone and liquid tylenol. The gave me some issues with nausea. Got about 4 hour sleep on Friday and Saturday morning got discharged. My incisions don't hurt much at all and I am doing good sipping Water and Protein Shake. Takes me about 2 hours to get one shake down. Popsicles go down much easier for me. I got these below an fill the with Protein Shakes and Protein water to make Protein sicles

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTZWW22/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That sounds like it went pretty well. I am hoping mine goes that easily. I’ve got the freeze sleeves for protein water, so I’m glad those are working well. Thank you so much for sharing! I hope your recovery continues to go well.

I've been pre-op for a week and I've had a headache and general malaise the last four days and I'm not even on a strict liquid diet! I'm sure it's from lowered carbs and whatnot (I quit caffeine months ago) but I'm so used to reaching for ibuprofen and instead I just suffer. Tylenol doesn't work for crap for me. Trying to extra hydrate and even had a small cup of coffee today to try and break it but nothing.

Magic cures?

On 01/19/2020 at 13:24, BadWolfGirl said:

I've been pre-op for a week and I've had a headache and general malaise the last four days and I'm not even on a strict liquid diet! I'm sure it's from lowered carbs and whatnot (I quit caffeine months ago) but I'm so used to reaching for ibuprofen and instead I just suffer. Tylenol doesn't work for crap for me. Trying to extra hydrate and even had a small cup of coffee today to try and break it but nothing.

Magic cures?

BadWolfGirl-so sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. Plenty of sleep and tons of fluids should help. Pre-surgery, whenever I drastically cut back on calories I would feel the same way. Caffeine can cause dehydration so that might make it worse. Add some Protein Shakes, even if you’re not required. And drink tons of Smart Water or Fiji water. Sounds like your potassium might be low. Hope you feel better soon.

37 minutes ago, BadWolfGirl said:

Magic cures?

How much Protein are you getting? Make sure you are getting recommended grams of protein. I had energy ups & downs during my 1 week liquid diets. Just hang in there.