Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date

22 hours ago, Uomograsso said:

I have been using this for broth. It has 12 grams of collagen Protein per serving and the same amount of sodium as low sodium chicken broth from the grocery store which my doctor recommended.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013XT7ZNE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for posting this. I ordered some today. 😃

15 hours ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Hi guys!!! I’m a little over 24 hours post op. This is my first surgery ever in my life. I went in really nervous woke up so fright and out of it that I regretted it because I couldn’t hold my crying baby. The pain was not in my incisions it was all over my body like I had gotten beat up. Drinking the 4 oz of Water with one oz being Protein. My hospital uses ensure protien max. They do NOT recommend the regular ensure. Only the low fat and carb Protein max. I have to say it was rather tasty. And I don’t like Protein Drinks at all. The nausea patch behind your ear creates extreme dry mouth. I brushed my teeth often and it helped but didn’t go away. It’s starting to subside now. I had my surgery 01/14 at 6pm and was released home 01/15 at 3pm. So less than 24 hours. And I love being home!!!!!
If anyone has any questions I would love to answer them?

Glad you are home to hold that precious baby!💕 Has the pain subsided yet?

On 01/16/2020 at 16:50, rene50 said:

Glad you are home to hold that precious baby!💕 Has the pain subsided yet?

I don’t have incision pain but I feel really nauseous if I drink anything. But I haven’t thrown up yet. I just try to drink tiny amounts at a time. I have not met my liquid goal at all. But I am peeing. So my nurse said as long as my urine is yellow and not orange and I keep peering then I should be ok. My stomach is very swollen. It only hurts when I cough and when I get up and down from bed or chair etc.

7 minutes ago, sarahSingh91 said:

I don’t have incision pain but I feel really nauseous if I drink anything. But I haven’t thrown up yet. I just try to drink tiny amounts at a time. I have not met my liquid goal at all. But I am peeing. So my nurse said as long as my urine is yellow and not orange and I keep peering then I should be ok. My stomach is very swollen. It only hurts when I cough and when I get up and down from bed or chair etc.

Oh, goodness! Sorry to hear your stomach is very swollen. Did you see the post about the ice packs? Did your nurse or doctor recommend anything to help with the swelling? Are you able to get up and walk very much?

On 1/14/2020 at 9:01 PM, TattooedSeaStar said:

That’s it??? I’m on liquid diet an man, I could just use something to chew on! I’m not sure I can last 12 more days!!

How are you doing on the liquid diet? I feel bad that some people have to do the liquid diet, and some, like me, just have to eat healthy! The upside is that you will lose more weight before surgery than we will!

01/17/2020 12:08 AM, rene50 said:

Oh, goodness! Sorry to hear your stomach is very swollen. Did you see the post about the ice packs? Did your nurse or doctor recommend anything to help with the swelling? Are you able to get up and walk very much?

Yea I have ice and heat packs. I walk every thirty mins. I think it will just take time to heal.

Hello everyone, 2 days post op and finally feeling like posting. I woke up to pain in the recovery room which was quickly treated. The first day was a bit rough I felt uncomfortable and overwhelmed. Day 2 was much better the walking definitely helped with passing the gas and helped with the pressure in my abdomen area. Drinking from the medicine cups helps since they are 1 ounce I am sticking to tiny sips and ice chips. Tomorrow I will introduce the shakes into my diet, I have to admit I am nervous because so far I have only felt uncomfortable after drinking too much too fast (slow down) but hopefully I can keep down the Protein. I have had a headache all day, probably lack of sleep the hospital staff comes in every few hours to check on me. I had an out of the area surgery so I was discharged to my hotel today. I am looking forward to sleeping all night and hopefully feeling better tomorrow. Physically I am not hungry however looking at food makes me really sad, I didn't expect to feel this way. When we arrived to the hotel my husband went to have dinner and I went with him to walk a bit, I was surprised at the huge wave of emotion and tears that followed when smelling the food and watching other people eat. I stayed because I didn't want to ruin his dinner after all he stayed at the hospital with me since day 1 sleeping on a cot that looked rather uncomfortable. Looking forward to a better day tomorrow best piece of advice for everyone is slow sips of Water and walk, walk, walk. Thanks for being such a supportive group.

57 minutes ago, Ready2slimdown said:

Hello everyone, 2 days post op and finally feeling like posting. I woke up to pain in the recovery room which was quickly treated. The first day was a bit rough I felt uncomfortable and overwhelmed. Day 2 was much better the walking definitely helped with passing the gas and helped with the pressure in my abdomen area. Drinking from the medicine cups helps since they are 1 ounce I am sticking to tiny sips and ice chips. Tomorrow I will introduce the shakes into my diet, I have to admit I am nervous because so far I have only felt uncomfortable after drinking too much too fast (slow down) but hopefully I can keep down the Protein. I have had a headache all day, probably lack of sleep the hospital staff comes in every few hours to check on me. I had an out of the area surgery so I was discharged to my hotel today. I am looking forward to sleeping all night and hopefully feeling better tomorrow. Physically I am not hungry however looking at food makes me really sad, I didn't expect to feel this way. When we arrived to the hotel my husband went to have dinner and I went with him to walk a bit, I was surprised at the huge wave of emotion and tears that followed when smelling the food and watching other people eat. I stayed because I didn't want to ruin his dinner after all he stayed at the hospital with me since day 1 sleeping on a cot that looked rather uncomfortable. Looking forward to a better day tomorrow best piece of advice for everyone is slow sips of Water and walk, walk, walk. Thanks for being such a supportive group.

Awwww, I'm sorry for the heavy emotions and feelings you are experiencing. That was a real team player of you to join him for dinner, classy move. Hopefully you will get a good night's rest and some of the discomfort will start to subside. How long are you going to be at the hotel? Try to continue sipping and walking, passing the gas from your body and sipping and walking and repeat 😊. Thank you for checking in with us, post whenever you feel like it and share your journey with us. Congratulations graduate, you are doing well. The hard part is almost over, next week will be easier to all of you feeling pain. It may still be painful, but not day one pain.

On 1/16/2020 at 1:46 AM, Krimsonbutterflies said:

While we are waiting for updates from our ppl who had surgery today/this week...I've got some updates, I decided to start packing my hospital bag tonight. I needed a distraction from hunger and nerves, lol. I've purchased something loose to wear to the hospital, lounge wear for after surgery (for home), Gas-X, Tums, Mederma, lightly scented hand sanitizer (I'm a germaphobe), extra unscented chapsticks, a cute little basket to put supplies in by my different areas in the house. I'm a over planner, I prefer to be over prepared instead of underprepared. I'm not going to carry supplies from room to room. I'd rather have little stations set up, pillows to prop up and shoes by the door for short walks. I'm getting antsy.....ready for my pre-op Friday at least, I have a million questions for my surgeon.

On a side note: Thank you guys for letting me ramble on and on..

Getting antsy myself and I’ve got a week to go. Hospital preop today so we shall see but after that I’m going to get a pedicure. I’m sorry, but my toes have to be looking good! (It’s my one guilty pleasure)

Hey everyone! I am scheduled for this Tuesday! I also have never had surgery before, so I am a little nervous. Won’t know why time it will happen until the day before. How did everyone manage the 48 hours on clears? Also, my nutritionist seems to be on vacation right now, so I can’t ask her this- are we allowed lemons (like in Water, lemon tea) pre-op?

1 hour ago, TattooedSeaStar said:

Getting antsy myself and I’ve got a week to go. Hospital preop today so we shall see but after that I’m going to get a pedicure. I’m sorry, but my toes have to be looking good! (It’s my one guilty pleasure)

Omg, I'm laughing at you because are we the same person split into 2 people. I'm going to my pre-op today and after my appointment today I'm going to get my pedicure and I get my hair braided tomorrow in preparation for surgery on the 31st. I like to look nice. I have my personal standards.

The best of luck to you Mustang.

44 minutes ago, mustang92 said:

Hey everyone! I am scheduled for this Tuesday! I also have never had surgery before, so I am a little nervous. Won’t know why time it will happen until the day before. How did everyone manage the 48 hours on clears? Also, my nutritionist seems to be on vacation right now, so I can’t ask her this- are we allowed lemons (like in Water, lemon tea) pre-op?

I am scheduled for Tuesday also! I am the same, waiting on a call for the time to be there. Good luck with everything, hopefully we'll both be posting great things shortly after :)

ok, I am having a super hard time finding protien shake that I like. I am on day 3 of my pre-op diet and I don't think i getting enough protien. I can only have apple/grape/cranberry juice, sugar free drinks and mixes, Decaf coffee/tea, low cal sport drinks and Water, broth, sugar free Jello and popsicles and Protein Drinks containing less then 200 cal, 5g sugar and more then 20 g of protien for a goal of 75 daily. Any ideas on what to do? I really try to mix my Protein but the foam is not working for me. Maybe I using the wrong protein mix I bought one of my doctor called Kompli.

Post op day 2 and it’s better in some ways than yesterday and worse in others ways. I feel more mobile but now that I am
Home and all the strong medicines Are fading away it definitely hurts to try to sip more than just a little. I still think it’s all gas so I’m waking and just trying to power through. Have not been great with Protein yet but the 1oz Protein Shots have been a life saver. Hope everyone else is doing well.