Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I was nervous about starting the purée food stage. I dumped in the hospital from drinking too fast and I was afraid of trying something besides full liquids.
I had 3 Oz of very thin grits for breakfast. I ate slow... I use a baby spoon to eat.
For lunch I had a 5 Oz Greek yogurt.
Then I had 3 Oz of unsweetened applesauce. I felt kinda hungry an hour later. So I reviewed my eating plan. I forgot to drink my 2 Protein Shakes for the day. Ooops. So now that I’ve had that. (Only one shake) I feel like I’ve eaten a full course meal on a holiday. Geesh I don’t want anything else.

Wow, i'm a month out and I can never take more than 2-3 bites of anything.

I eat really slow. It takes about 20 or more minutes

I was so excited to start on purées. I’m still working on the slow part of eating but haven’t had any problems.

Ive been making riced cauliflower or broccoli and blending it up with a bit of broth and a scoop of unflavored Protein power. I got tired of Soup and this at least gives me some sort of different texture.

I’m three months out and I can barely eat 2-3 bites of anything! I’ve also had a bunch of complications, so that could be part of the problem.
I know how you feel though being nervous to eat anything. Hang in there! I keep getting told it’ll get better. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I tried ricotta bake today. I think I could only manage 1.5 Oz it felt heavy. I did eat a soft scrambled egg for Breakfast very very slowly but I didn’t really like the texture. It felt odd. Finished my day out with Greek yogurt and Protein Shakes

ugh 😞I'm jealous, but also so happy for you! I'm on day 2 of puree and I can't keep anything down.
Had greek yogurt w puree strawberries for breakfast ... had to go to the bathroom 15 minutes later. Wasn't the worst.

I've been eating slow as molasses, but I just cant get anything to stay down. Had not even half a scrambled egg for later in the afternoon, and I swear to you, without even having to gag the eggs just started crawling back up my throat. I've never thrown up like that before... it's not painful. Like, I'm not in pain but I feel utterly weak.

I went back to drinking my Protein to make sure I had enough for the day since the food wont stay down. I know they said things are different now and people can do puree 2 weeks after surgery, but I think I need to give myself more time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• BoredCW

Still stalled. Hating every week of it. 
      I'm in that "I must be doing something wrong, I won't lose any more weight" mode of thinking.
      Hating everything about myself dull drums. If it wasn't for the stress of work, i'd probably be more upset.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

Yesterday I discovered stretchy pants. It was the first time that I walked into a normal store and dared to try on clothes in over many many years. Scary, but I found some guy chinos that I liked. I was even able to wear women's sizes even though the legs were wayyyyy too short.
      · 0 replies
    • CrowLuv

Down 31 pounds in my first month! OK, so a month and two days, but I'm counting it anyway. 😆
      At this point, I'm doing well overall. According to surgeons' instructions, I'm on soft foods for another week-ish. I'm so ready for solids - the soft foods can be such "sliders" and I have to be extra, extra careful.
      For example, my refried beans + dollop of plain Greek yogurt + tomatillo salsa verde became a problem. I never felt satisfied and felt I could have easily had a much bigger serving. Then, far worse was when I made homemade hummus - holy cow it is SO GOOD, but again - felt like I could have downed a quart, no problem. 😂
      It's (for me at least) extremely challenging to "eat mindfully" when the food is that soft. I mean for crying out loud, there's nothing to "chew on"! 😂
      So, couple of days ago - I committed to no more refried beans and no more hummus. Farewell my delicious friends. Going to focus on chicken and tuna and eggs for the time being (ground up til mushy, of course). 
      I'm hoping that once I get the go-ahead to introduce solids I will be able to feel the restriction. Because honestly? I'm only a month in, and I feel NO restriction. It's frustrating, but not the end of the world. Willpower was never my problem. But I'm so looking forward to that feeling I hear a lot on here when people say "Oh I ate half an egg and was SO STUFFED." This has....not been my experience. 😕
      Really hoping that's because my foods are so mushy/soft right now. We shall see. 
      Regardless, I'm 100 percent committed. I hear over and over how this tool is the most powerful for about a year, maybe/possibly a wee bit more. I will not sabotage that for the world. 
      So - doing my happy dance at 31 pounds down - I'm in a "weight decade" I haven't seen in a very long time. And it only gets better from here! 
      · 3 replies
      1. Bastian

Fantastic! Well done on the beans and hummus restriction, :D :141_dancer:

2. ms.sss

Excellent attitude! I foresee great success in your future :)

3. CrowLuv

Thanks y'all, I really appreciate the encouragement! :)

• veisor  »  Panda333

Hi!
      Thank you for replying.   It means the world to me.  It also confirmed what I been feeling about which procedure to choose.   I fall into the category as you do and elected the sleeve as it seemed to be less invasive and recovery would be better and faster,  however I am so afraid to regain the weight back since I rarely eat and obesity runs in my family.   I have two siblings that had the bypass and they have been successful.  My sister was in the high 400's and is about 140 now and has been for several years since her procedure.  I guess I felt that the sleeve would allow me to have more control, however I realized that I can't control my genetics and that is one of the biggest reasons that I am here.  Yes, I have not always made the best choices but trust me when I say that I have been on the loss and regain + more rollercoaster weight ride for yrs! I have spent so much money as I am sure you have as well as many others who are going through this.  It is not easy and anyone who thinks this is a copout is crazy!!! This has been harder than anything I have done including hiring a personal trainer to kick my butt in the gym! And still with all the gym hours, clean eating "not to mention the clean eating cost" I knew it was time that I moved to the next step to finally be who I know in my head and heart cause when I see myself in the mirror,  well let's just say is not the girl I see in my mind. 
      So thanks again for your reply and I hope that we can keep in touch through our journey. 
      😊
      · 0 replies
    • AggiG

· 0 replies
  • Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs