Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Plastic Surgery Thread

Sorry bout the pain hon!!! Be sure to keep your pain meds on a schedule to stay on top of it!!!

What all did you end up having done again?

Love the idea of extremely muscular PA. :D ;) I'm so excited for you!!!!

I had a lower body lift (sometimes called 360 body lift) and breast augmentation (silicon, under the muscle, no lift

19 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

You know how I said the pain was mild? I take that all back. I just got out of bed for the first time and walked about 10 steps. Holy F*ck that was awful!!

As far as the procedure being fast, I agree. He has an extremely muscular PA that IMO gets the operation done quickly, and gives taunt results

My other consults were for 8 hour surgeries. They’d only do my lower half, LBL, crescent thigh lift, Lipo & BBL

oh yea - LBL's, especially, can be really painful. Way more so than weight loss surgery.

LBL's alone take about four hours - but that probably depends on whether or not they do a lot of Lipo, or whatever. But yes - you got all that done in about the time it normally takes to do an LBL.

my second surgery took six hours - but that was a brachioplasty, breast lift (no implants) and incisions that went pretty far down my sides to get rid of "side boobs" and some excess skin under my rib cage that he couldn't get to when he did my LBL.

8 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I had a lower body lift (sometimes called 360 body lift) and breast augmentation (silicon, under the muscle, no lift

TY! I couldn't remember if you had a lift or the twins or not! I knew you were having the implants and the LBL and that you had decided not to do the thighs/butt. Did he Lipo anywhere? Has he commented on things like how little fat you have under your skin, etc? Did he say how much the skin weighed or how little fat was left in the tummy pooch you hated? (Um, inquiring minds and all. ;) hehe.)

As far as the girls, I decided to go implants only, to save the pain and scars of a lift. My surgeon says I would have a good outcome as long as I was comfortable having more mature, teardrop shaped breasts. I am technically in need of a lift as define by distance between the middle of your collarbone to your nipples. But since my nips point outward instead f down, a lift wasn’t a requirement

No Lipo anywhere. He said I was too lean for it. The only place he could get fat out was my thighs. But if he did so that would exacerbate the sagging. I don’t necessarily want my thighs to be thinner, I just hate the draping on them

He didn’t specifically say how little fat I had but he keeps saying my weight is great.

A total of 4.5 lbs is what he removed. I’m super anxious to see what it all looks like. But there isn’t a mirror in my care center room plus, I can’t stand up straight enough to get a good look anyhow 😖

8 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

As far as the girls, I decided to go implants only, to save the pain and scars of a lift. My surgeon says I would have a good outcome as long as I was comfortable having more mature, teardrop shaped breasts. I am technically in need of a lift as define by distance between the middle of your collarbone to your nipples. But since my nips point outward instead f down, a lift wasn’t a requirement

No Lipo anywhere. He said I was too lean for it. The only place he could get fat out was my thighs. But if he did so that would exacerbate the sagging. I don’t necessarily want my thighs to be thinner, I just hate the draping on them

He didn’t specifically say how little fat I had but he keeps saying my weight is great.

A total of 4.5 lbs is what he removed. I’m super anxious to see what it all looks like. But there isn’t a mirror in my care center room plus, I can’t stand up straight enough to get a good look anyhow 😖

I think teardrop look way more natural. Especially when your nerps are pointing in the correct position! :D And trust me, the pain from scars is significant. I still have terrible neuropathy from my recons. And a lot of it is concentrated in my pits and along the base where the scars are worse. So you dodged a bullet!!

That's fantastic about the Lipo and lack of fat. Love that he loved your weight!!!

And 4.5lbs! Holy crap. That's a wad of skin!! Hello Clarice. You're too skinny and have too tight a tummy for me to eat you now. (in a non-pervy way). :D More like with a nice chianti and a fava bean! :D

I think they do that on purpose to keep freak-outs to a minimum! Imagine those having face procedures!!!! :D When do you leave?

I hope you recover quickly! Its very encouraging to hear about your experience! I hope the recovery is not too painful and that you are thrilled with your results!

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!

My LBL pain is lessening each day. But I’m still walking extremely hunched over. My breast pain is nearly nonexistent unless I’m putting all my weight on my arms trying to get in and out of bed etc. I know many people who have had BA’s and have more pain than I have. So I’m grateful for that

I took a shower today w the help of a nurse. It felt really nice to get clean, but was exhausting.

My mom got a good look at my naked body. She says it looks great. All smooth and taunt, even my inner thighs! 😃. My boobs do look really weird, as they are sitting high. I know about the drop and fluff process, but they still scare me a little 😟

I’m leaving the Care Center tomorrow. I stayed 2 extra night (1 is mandatory, I am staying 3). I’m glad I did, because I’m much more confident about getting around on my own this way. But I don’t go home until the 23rd (2 weeks post op). Even then I will stay w my mom through Xmas.

15 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!

My LBL pain is lessening each day. But I’m still walking extremely hunched over. My breast pain is nearly nonexistent unless I’m putting all my weight on my arms trying to get in and out of bed etc. I know many people who have had BA’s and have more pain than I have. So I’m grateful for that

I took a shower today w the help of a nurse. It felt really nice to get clean, but was exhausting.

My mom got a good look at my naked body. She says it looks great. All smooth and taunt, even my inner thighs! 😃. My boobs do look really weird, as they are sitting high. I know about the drop and fluff process, but they still scare me a little 😟

I’m leaving the Care Center tomorrow. I stayed 2 extra night (1 is mandatory, I am staying 3). I’m glad I did, because I’m much more confident about getting around on my own this way. But I don’t go home until the 23rd (2 weeks post op). Even then I will stay w my mom through Xmas.

the boobs will definitely drop. I was really freaked out by mine at first, but once they dropped they looked great. I love them! I think it took maybe two months before they were fully dropped.

and yes to the Care Center. My surgeon will only do his surgeries in a hospital (he's on the faculty at a med school) and makes you stay in the hospital until he feels you're ready to leave. The other two consults I did sent you home that same night. That didn't sit well with me. Even though it was more expensive to have to stay in the hospital (and a care center would have been OK, too), I'm super glad that I did. I can't IMAGINE trying to deal with that at home (or in my case, at a hotel) the first night or two. Yikes. A lot of people do, but....no thanks. I wanted the peace of mind. Plus the catheter. Plus nurses and CNA's taking care of me.

Congratulations Sillykitty!!! Very happy you have this wonderful part behind you and continue living your absolutely best life [emoji108][emoji108][emoji175][emoji175][emoji253][emoji253][emoji253]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations on your surgery! I’m so glad to hear it went well minus the pain. it does sound painful, hopefully the worst is over.

Thanks for sharing your story, I look forward to hearing about your recovery and results.

Woooohooo! New dawn, new day Kitty!! You're gonna feel even better today!!! (Unless it's day3...then it might be a crummy day = usually equals the worst day). Have a good one!!

@sillykitty how are you doing? Keep taking it slow and easy. I didn’t want to say those first steps would be hell. But I hope they have gotten easier now. The hunched slow walk will be around awhile. That takes time. For me This was Back before my RNY so I lived on saltines and those chicken noodle o’s Soup packets. I had no appetite. I had to rest a lot And be propped up in bed with my cat before she passed. Holy hell I have Alzheimer’s my baby girl passed in 2008 how I wished she had been there in 2010.

Of course I’ve chronic illness alongside this so my recovery process is different. I have high pain tolerance but it exhausts me physically.
sorry I went of on a bit of a tangent there.

keep thinking about the outcome of this and that this is the reward for all your hard work. You will look awesome but more so you will feel it. Such an awesome gift to yourself this year too. Even if the ultimate result will take time to arrive, it will eventually get there with time and patience.

so just remember, have patience with yourself.

Checking in. Today is 5 days post op. Just spent my second night in the hotel after three nights in the care center. As @catwoman7 wrote that time in the care center was invaluable. I needed a minimum of two night there, and the third was just a precaution. I would not have been ready to move to a hotel or home straight after surgery.

Yesterday was a breakthrough day as far as pain goes. I have been off any pain meds for over 24 hrs. The pain is very mild, unless I move sharply or sneeze, cough, etc. I am also getting around much easier and significantly less hunched over. My boobs even look slightly less square and weird today. I slept in a regular bed last night, with just a pillow under my knees to prop me up. Best sleep I have gotten. I did take an Ambien, as opposed to my pain meds to sleep. In other breakthroughs, with the help of MOM, I had my first BM. I was nervous about that, as I had a traumatizing first BM after my VSG :(

My surgeon hasn't started me on the inject able blood thinners yet. My drains are a still too bloody. I'm not sad about that really, as I don't know if I can inject myself. (My mom definitely is not capable)

Randomeness, my LBL incision is very numb about 4-5 inches above and below it. My surgeon used Experal for numbing, but that should have worn off by now. I'm not sure if that is just an effect from surgery? It feel similar to being numbed from dental work. In good news, I still have nipple sensation! 😀(Peri aerola incision)

I'm not going to be posting many pics here, with this being a public forum. But if anyone want to see some, you can PM me :)

Thanks again for everyone's well wishes and support.