Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post sleeve feelings

Its all about taking time to research better options. Healthier options.

If you go out try eat Protein like chicken or turkey skin off. Try fish but watch the sauces.

Don't be afraid to ask the server about healthier options like gluten free or fat free options, most decent places will cater to you and your needs!

If you have a burger just take away the bun and eat the turkey burger with salad etc

You don't need to copy your friend if they continue to indulge.

You will need to watch your calories long term

16 hours ago, kathaleen revell said:

You are right... I only have 6 more days till I go back to the Dr for my post-op visit. Then I will be introduced to the puree stage. Looking forward to something other than liquids. Good news.... Down 23 lbs since the beginning of the two week liquid diet!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!! Thanks for your support .

Wowee 23lbs is awesome! I totally get the desire for something other than liquids but you know you made a huge decision to have surgery and have managed to come out the other side with an awesome 1st-week loss YOU CAN DO THIS. When you feel like 'cheating' just remember that even tho you may feel ok your tummy still needs to heal properly and the last thing you want is to vomit and risk causing a leak etc. You should just get on here and get some support to help you get your head back in the right place. Deciding to have surgery is a huge thing so just remind yourself of the reasons you wanted it in the first place :) And again, well done on an AMAZING first-week x

Hey guys.

All of y’all that have just had surgery in the last 7-10 days, congrats!

But seriously.... do NOT rush purées.
Stay on liquids as long as you can.

I know it sucks. You’ve been on a liquid diet since a few days before surgery and the need to chew on something is overwhelming.
For many of you, the thought of yet another sweet drink makes you want to throw your head back and scream.
I get it. Been there, done that.

The reality though is you’re going to lose soooooooo much weight in these first few weeks and then it will slam to a halt fast. You don’t want to slow that down by rushing purées and semi-solids.

On 7/28/2019 at 6:02 PM, Laura8098 said:

I’m a worry wart so any advise anyone can give would be great.

I would suggest not worrying too much about things you cannot affect, instead let your body rest & heal

It takes time to get into the rhythm of it all. Stay hydrated & join us here to focus on other things while your body works

Edited by GreenTealael

On 07/29/2019 at 09:37, Sharon B A said:

I'm not crushing my pills but cutting them in small pieces, my docs office actually gave us pill cutters. I don't know how it happened, i guess cos i was talking to my hubby and not concentrating on what i was doing! So far today I'm just really sore...

I must admit I'm scared to cheat lol cos I'm more fearful of being in pain than anything else, if I'm in pain then I'm a nightmare to be around 😆

As per my docs advice I've been taking Multivitamins and my B12 since the day i got discharged. I won't say that ive got alot of energy but I force myself to move.

I was getting the leg cramps and started to worry about blood clots due to me not moving as much so got my hubby to move the treadmill into our bedroom so I've been walking twice a day for 45mins a time while watching tv. Today my task is to clean out my pantry while hubby is at work and get rid of most of the crap thats in there before he gets home 😁😁

Try to keep busy, it might take your mind off this damn liquid phase! 😫

You seem to be doing really well. 45 min 2x a day on treadmill seems like being in the olympics to me. :-). My surgery is 10 days away but my biggest fear are blood clots too so I’ll definitely be walking.

I say the bike is the best cardio. Sit on bike while watching your favorite movie or documentary :)

On 7/28/2019 at 6:02 PM, Laura8098 said:

Hello! I had the sleeve procedure on 07/23/19, along with a hiatal hernia removed. That’s 5 days ago, so I know I shouldn’t be expecting much from myself. I’m curious though if anyone else experienced these things? My stomach feels like I’m hungry, but I try to eat, and don’t eat much. It feels like my stomach is always in “growl” mode. My incisions are still sore. I’m nervous I’m going to pop them when I cough or sneeze. How long do they feel this way? How long does it feel like things are moving around in my stomach when I go from a lying down position to standing up? I was in the ER today due to dehydration so I need to work on staying hydrated

Anyone else craving salt? I’m sure it’s because I’m still on a liquid diet, which I’m over already. I’m ready for avocado, boiled eggs, tuna, etc.

I’m a worry wart so any advise anyone can give would be great.

I had mine on the 22nd and had a Hiatal hernia repaired too! Hope you are doing better....I had the same feelings..now I am just tired of seeing food commercials and cooking for my 19 year old is driving me crazy! I know I am not hungry, but I feel like it in my mind..

Excuse me 19 should be cooking for themselves

I had to learn early being one of the eldest out of 8 children and then leaving home at 16 😛

On 7/30/2019 at 8:46 AM, Laura8098 said:

That’s awesome! I have a sitting job too, so I think I’ll be ok. I’m just concerned about getting too tired. Without all the calories and no Vitamins, my energy level is very low.

Are you taking the bariatric Vitamins? They have helped me! I bought mine from Unjury (and they are just a little nasty but tolerable)

Just now, Mikeyy said:

Excuse me 19 should be cooking for themselves

I had to learn early being one of the eldest out of 8 children and then leaving home at 16 😛

This child...She used to, but burnt her leg a few years ago with some grease and has struggled to get back in the kitchen (plus, I really like to cook and don't have a mate to cook for lol)....

On 7/31/2019 at 10:48 PM, Sheribear68 said:

Hey guys.

All of y’all that have just had surgery in the last 7-10 days, congrats!

But seriously.... do NOT rush purées.
Stay on liquids as long as you can.

I know it sucks. You’ve been on a liquid diet since a few days before surgery and the need to chew on something is overwhelming.
For many of you, the thought of yet another sweet drink makes you want to throw your head back and scream.
I get it. Been there, done that.

The reality though is you’re going to lose soooooooo much weight in these first few weeks and then it will slam to a halt fast. You don’t want to slow that down by rushing purées and semi-solids.

Do you have any suggestions on new "liquids?"

On 7/30/2019 at 6:48 PM, Sharon B A said:

My surgery was also on 7/23 so tomorrow i move to Full liquids, i.e i can finally make my own Soups without the lumps, looking forward to something flavourful other than broth, Protein Drinks and Water. Not sure if I'm allowed yoghurts, will need to call docs office.

Good news, i was holding off weighing and was surprised that i lost 10lbs since surgery. I'm happy with that.

Hows everyone else who had surgery last week doing?

Mine was 7/22...I am about to be in the puree stage Sunday....I didn't enjoy the Soup stage! I could have yogurt (plain greek)...I did go get the PB2 and add in trevia and I could eat it! That helped a lot! Congrats on your loss...

On 08/02/2019 at 10:27, Goldn02Grl said:

Mine was 7/22...I am about to be in the puree stage Sunday....I didn't enjoy the Soup stage! I could have yogurt (plain greek)...I did go get the PB2 and add in trevia and I could eat it! That helped a lot! Congrats on your loss...

I LOVE PB2 ever since I was on WW