Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when you ate eggs for the first time after the surgery how did it feel? today was my first time it was kinda rough i felt very full...

Edited by johnedwin

I never had problems with eggs, but I do know it's pretty common. Most people can eat them eventually, though

When I first started with eggs, I added an 1/8th of a cup of low fat cottage cheese to my scrambled eggs (when they're almost finished cooking). It keeps them from getting too dry/difficult to swallow.

Nearly one year post op and still can't eat eggs. Scrambled, fried, hard boiled. Loved them pre surgery but now they make me nauseous.

I tryed eggs a week ago and i wasnt ready for it ,pain in my chest felt funny and hurt so i waited a week and tryed it again and now my body is fine with eggs. I tryed making deviled eggs the other day grosses thing i ever ate post sleeve. The taste of eggs and cheese is funny tasting i dont think i will be eatting anymore anytime soon. I loved eggs before so hoping my taste buds change back eventually.

In the early stages, if I ate an egg it felt like I ate a rock...no matter how it was cooked! I'm fine with them now.

My plan had us start out on egg beater only (basically yellow egg whites in a carton) for the first 2 weeks of soft stage. After one week and no problems I called and asked (begged) if I could have real eggs. They said go ahead, just go slow. I was never so happy to have an egg before.

Maybe egg beaters will be tolerated easier for you.

I ate my first scrambled egg yesterday. (I had egg salad on week 2 and did fine). I didn’t have any problems with the scrambled eggs. However, I couldn’t finish the whole egg—I got full. I just made sure to chew mine extra good. My dog enjoyed my leftovers. Lol

eggs sound sooooo good right now. I’m on liquids for 3 weeks and tomorrow makes a week.

It tasted amazing but I was super careful to take the tiniest bites and chew like crazy. I also have been lucky with a smooth recovery and likely less swelling than some experience.

Today I barely scrambled 1 XL egg and could only handle half of it within a 20min setting. It was an interesting experience.