Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ MAY 2019 CHALLENGE❤

Day 7 - work up a sweat.

With my walking workouts, I've been attempting to up my speed and intensity. Normally it take me 33ish minutes to get 4000 steps. Yesterday I was able to get that down to 29 minutes. And for at least one of my walks (I do 3) I have started using my 2lb weights to work my arms a bit too. Push ups will be done shortly!

My countdown to surgery is in the double digits now! Woohoo!

Have a great day everyone!

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

Day 7 - work up a sweat.

With my walking workouts, I've been attempting to up my speed and intensity. Normally it take me 33ish minutes to get 4000 steps. Yesterday I was able to get that down to 29 minutes. And for at least one of my walks (I do 3) I have started using my 2lb weights to work my arms a bit too. Push ups will be done shortly!

My countdown to surgery is in the double digits now! Woohoo!

Have a great day everyone!

Oops... meant SINGLE digits! My excitement got the better of me.

On 5/4/2019 at 4:34 PM, GreenTealael said:

B-Side Questions:

Still own Vinyl, 8-track, Cassettes or CDs?

Married to a private party/gig DJ - lots of vinyl, CDs, no 8-track, maybe cassettes, had mini-discs, at one time tons of DAT tapes, now all rerecorded to the laptop with software that removes 'noise' - we can't park in the garage - cuz equipment (2 motorcycles in there though). The house, garage, basement, back deck all wired with speakers - can also play Sirius radio through them, as we have lifetime subscription.

18 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side Question:

How do you like your eggs? Did it change (before and after surgery) ?

eggs - almost runny is my fav. But I love all eggs in general. In early food stages I had to wait a bit for scrambled - was a texture thing.

(Some beef still iffy on texture, feels harsh on stomach)

2 hours ago, thatch said:

#7. Work up a sweat. Boy, did I. I take a strength training class twice a week (at 5 am, no less) and this morning we did hollow holds, pike ups, RDLs, and a whole bunch of other stuff that had me sweating like a fiend. I remember when I used to hate working out... now I crave it (and sweating, too!).

I’m still afraid/anxious to join a class, I’m working out at the fitness center solo and trying to get up the nerve to join one. I’m adding that to my goals this month.

I work up a sweat everyday, but I’ll push harder today.

B side: I can only handle scrambled eggs before and after surgery. I’m really picky about them. Not too dry, not too runny and no white clumps. As you can imagine nobody ever offers to make me eggs!

And I loathe eggs, oh they are okay in omelets or with other things, used to love Breakfast Bowls, my favorite? Biscuit, sausage gravy , hash brown potatoes, soft fried, like over easy , and shredded cheese on top, yeah high cal, bad for me, break the yolk, let it run into it and eat eat eat! Yeah I wasn't always a healthy eaterand that wasn't an every day Occurance but when I went to Bob Evans as a treat, it sure was tasty!🍛

7. Oh my, I woke up around 4 am with some sort of a stomach/digestive issue. I don't know if it was dumping syndrome or a bug but I feel week as a newborn kitten right now. Anyway, I had a really bad case of cold sweats and was completely drenched along with other issues. That was not my idea of a nice way to get sweaty! But for today, I'm being kind with myself and stayed home from work and the gym seems way too ambitious. However, when I do go, I do get sweaty and have come to enjoy it. I think I've given up on the pushups for this month.

Bside - eggs, most any way. However, I haven't had soft boiled eggs or runny egg yolks since the surgery. I used to sop up the yolk by dipping my toast in or it was part of Eggs Benedict. Love eggs benedict...or did anyway. Most often these days, I have fried smashed eggs...they have been the easiest to eat and no runny yolks.

7) work up a sweat - done! From both a workout this morning and this evening fixing sons bday dinner. We had tacos, both beef and fish. They were awesome!!!

A little late to join in, but this is a challenge I can do. Haha! 4 months and 2 weeks since surgery. My current weight thus morning was 238.5. Down 43.5 lbs. I’ve been on a weird stall since my 3 month check up. I’ve only lost 3.5 lbs in 6 weeks. Frustrating, but it’s ok. It’ll happen!
My goal for May is to do a week of intermittent fasting, and if successful, do more. Another goal is to daily ride my recumbent bicycle. It sits in my living room and calls my name,and I just ignore it. Gonna make it my friend.
My 42nd wedding anniversary is the 28th. I’d really like to see the 220’s by then!!! But any weight loss at this time will be appreciated! Let’s do this!!!

Been mia for a couple of days because life has been busy busy busy.

Worked up a sweat today at work because my company can’t figure out oklahoma humidity and it was sweltering all day.
Didn’t do my push ups today, but more than made up for that yesterday with a jillion planks at Pilates.
I’m so excited to have the next couple of days off and have some free time

11 hours ago, sisternewt@yahoo.com said:

A little late to join in, but this is a challenge I can do. Haha! 4 months and 2 weeks since surgery. My current weight thus morning was 238.5. Down 43.5 lbs. I’ve been on a weird stall since my 3 month check up. I’ve only lost 3.5 lbs in 6 weeks. Frustrating, but it’s ok. It’ll happen!
My goal for May is to do a week of intermittent fasting, and if successful, do more. Another goal is to daily ride my recumbent bicycle. It sits in my living room and calls my name,and I just ignore it. Gonna make it my friend.
My 42nd wedding anniversary is the 28th. I’d really like to see the 220’s by then!!! But any weight loss at this time will be appreciated! Let’s do this!!!

💜Welcome💜

11 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Been mia for a couple of days because life has been busy busy busy.

Worked up a sweat today at work because my company can’t figure out oklahoma humidity and it was sweltering all day.
Didn’t do my push ups today, but more than made up for that yesterday with a jillion planks at Pilates.
I’m so excited to have the next couple of days off and have some free time

🌈 Enjoy your mini vacay 🌈

Good morning Team!!!

B-Side Question:

What was something that this journey could not help you fix/mend/repair?

How do you plan to proceed?