Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ MAY 2019 CHALLENGE❤

May Day #10:

• 10 pushups: Still feeling sick, I didn't want to do 10 pushups, so I did 5 this morning and 5 just now. And they weren't very well done either. But thats my 10 for today, so there.
  • Yoga: I didn't go to class last night, and I wrote off today for any classes as well. I did, however, do a couple cat and cow poses, as well as 1 good 60 second-ish child pose after this evening's set of 5 pushups just to stretch. And that's my yoga for today, so there.

I think I'm grumpy.

10. Ok got push ups in and did Child's pose and downward dog for yoga.

Bside - Yes, I'm contemplating plastics. No decision until I hit maintenance and see where I'm at. Most likely tummy, upper thighs, and boobs.

7 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side Question:

Considering plastics?

Yes. I actually just made a definitive decision on this subject today and cleared it with Mr. tonite.

I've decided to get an arm lift and a Tummy Tuck at the same time, and to get it done this August-September IF I can get to goal and stay there for a couple months before then. Otherwise, it will have to wait until January, which is the next best time to fit it in with my schedule.

The surgeon I chose has an option to post-pone a scheduled surgery date (with 2 weeks notice) at no extra cost so long as I pre-pay 50% of the total fee at booking. Given that he books about 5 months out, I think this is the best plan/contingency plan for me. So next step would be to book and plop down my prepayment on Monday. Yikes.

Though as I type this, I am still thinking and re-thinking this. I have about 13 lbs left to goal, and I am banking on the fact that the rest of my body stays in a satisfactory shape so that I continue to only want arms and tummy done and not anything else.

Has anyone tried Cordyceps mushrooms as a health food? Friend told me good for heart and vascular health, regards tumor growth and helps with endurance. Is it a total waste of money or are there benefits?

I am doing a puzzle currently, there is no way I will finish it today. I get the border done then my ADHD kicks in! I should have tackled one with less than 1000 pieces.

Skipping the gym today, I went everyday his week. It looks like a nice day so I’ll go for a walk.

B side, Thankfully I don’t think I’ll need plastic surgery.

Off topic, I could really use some music suggestions for the gym. I like a wide variety of music, I’m just getting bored with my playlists. I have Spotify so I have a lot to choose from.

11. All 11 pushups accomplished. I also just completed a puzzle online at JigZone. I do need to get a card table and chairs so that I can do a hands on puzzle...nice to have available for when my mother visits. I haven't made it to the gym yet but it's such a beautiful day and I'll be mowing my lawn. Tomorrow is supposed to be rain. I'm undecided about getting to the gym today but I'm definitely going to move today one way or another.

May Day #11:

• 11 push ups: done. Easier this morning than yesterday (HINT: I did them much faster :) ) Yeah, yeah, I'm only cheating myself, I'm just not feeling it these days and its better than nothing!
  • Finish a puzzle: dusted off an old Sudoku app that was still on my phone and finished a couple games while waiting for girlfriends to show up for our pre-Mother's day brunch this morning. At this particular restaurant, I normally would have ordered the Grand-Marnier-infused, Marscapone-stuffed french toast with mixed berries, bananas, caramelized pecans & caramel sauce (with a side of bacon AND sausage), as it was a favourite of mine pre-op. Today, it just wasn't calling my name. So I ordered mussels in white wine sauce and ate four of them. Four!! My, how times have changed.

On 05/10/2019 at 19:17, GreenTealael said:

B-Side Question:

Considering plastics?

Yes please!
I joke but I’m sure I’ll want it at some point in the future on my upper arms and possibly my neck. I’ve still got another 70 lbs to goal and then from what I understand we need to be in maintenance for an extended period of time so I’ve got plenty of time to save my pennies

On 05/10/2019 at 19:24, ms.sss said:

May Day #10:

• 10 pushups: Still feeling sick, I didn't want to do 10 pushups, so I did 5 this morning and 5 just now. And they weren't very well done either. But thats my 10 for today, so there.

• Yoga: I didn't go to class last night, and I wrote off today for any classes as well. I did, however, do a couple cat and cow poses, as well as 1 good 60 second-ish child pose after this evening's set of 5 pushups just to stretch. And that's my yoga for today, so there.

I think I'm grumpy.

I hope you’re feeling better 😍

05/10/2019 07:39 PM, ms.sss said:

Yes. I actually just made a definitive decision on this subject today and cleared it with Mr. tonite.

I've decided to get an arm lift and a Tummy Tuck at the same time, and to get it done this August-September IF I can get to goal and stay there for a couple months before then. Otherwise, it will have to wait until January, which is the next best time to fit it in with my schedule.

The surgeon I chose has an option to post-pone a scheduled surgery date (with 2 weeks notice) at no extra cost so long as I pre-pay 50% of the total fee at booking. Given that he books about 5 months out, I think this is the best plan/contingency plan for me. So next step would be to book and plop down my prepayment on Monday. Yikes.

Though as I type this, I am still thinking and re-thinking this. I have about 13 lbs left to goal, and I am banking on the fact that the rest of my body stays in a satisfactory shape so that I continue to only want arms and tummy done and not anything else.

This is freakin exciting!! Congratulations 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

10) yoga. I have a ton of the Namaste series recorded on my DVR . I’ll have to give it a shot this afternoon
11) Finish a puzzle. I do a lot of word puzzle apps on my phone. Ones like Wordscapes and SpellTower . Those will have to do for me.

I need to get better about posting daily. Playing catch up
Day 7-Work up a sweat- I did go for a 30-minute run that day
Day 8-Get crafting-I've been working on making some birthday cards this week
Day 9-Meditate-I did a 15 minute guided meditation
Day 10-Yoga-I didn't do on Friday because that is my rest day, but I am doing a yoga class tomorrow along with weight day.
Day 11-Complete a Puzzle-Not a physical puzzle but working on some problem solving for some work projects so that counts as a puzzle right?