Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I’m officially out of the Juneies, my surgery has been rescheduled for July 1st. My creatine levels were bad, so to get my kidneys back I line, they are sliding me down two weeks.

2 hours ago, Gaylancsu said:

Every post op plan seems so different depending on surgeon - I see some allowed cream of wheat or grits- I’d kill for that right now some way to get savory I’m a week out from ds and no problems getting Protein or fluids - no nausea - minus the thought of consuming any more Protein added broth-

Mine I'm supposed to do all Protein Shakes until 2 weeks post op which is Monday. I did try a tiny bit of reduced fat cream of chicken today and it was fine but I'm really supposed to be waiting until Monday, :(

:1406_writing_hand_tone2: Hi, My name is Aimy and I am 43. Currently, I live in Honolulu, HI with my husband, two cats, and a dog. I am grandmother of 2 Step Grandchildren and 2 Biological grandchildren from my Son, and will have a new Grandson in September from my Daughter. Both my children followed in my footsteps and married at 20 years old! Oy Vey! I have sleep apnea, arthritis, and acid reflux. I will be moving to our next duty station in VA in August. (My husband is a United States Navy Submariner). My surgery is scheduled for June 24th! I am excited and nervous. I am on day two of my full liquid diet and I haven't felt hungry but I am burping a lot. Strange right?! I set a timer on my phone to go over every 10 minutes to remind me to drink. I good at consuming over 64 oz. of Water a day, but I want to be in the habit of taking sips every 10 minutes. It is nice to have this forum to interact with others going through the same things! I look forward to getting to know you all more!:776_two_hearts:

:1406_writing_hand_tone2: THANK YOU :) :776_two_hearts:

For savoy I have been drinking chicken stock. I bought beef and vegetable too. I also have been eating Tomato Soup for lunch.

Edited by Aimy76

06/14/2019 05:48 PM, KareBear714 said:

Anyone have an suggestions for a savory liquid? I’m only on day one of the pre-op but I have a feeling I’m going to get tired of the sugary Protein Shakes.
V-8 and I rimmed the glass with celery salt. It was heavenly. 🤣 chicken and beef broth, Tomato Soup, strained French onion from the can. I also did creamy Tomato which is a little higher cal but I was much fuller from it sooner so ate very little. 

I have my surgery date! June 25. I am getting the Rny. Super nervous and excited. It almost feels like I am in a dream.

33 minutes ago, Aholifield002 said:

My surgery was yesterday! I’m at home now, in my bed. Sipping on some Water lol. It feels so unreal that i finally had my surgery.

Glad you are home and doing well. Congratulations!

On 06/14/2019 at 19:12, AshleySmashly said:

I have my surgery date! June 25. I am getting the Rny. Super nervous and excited. It almost feels like I am in a dream.

Mine is the same day in Dallas !

I hope everyone who is recovering and preparing are in the best spirits. I'm reading and taking notes on everything being shared. I went to do my labs today, before my pre- op appt. on June 27th so the Bariatric team can get a realistic look at what we need to do to get me surgery ready. My A1C is back up to 5.8 from 5.3, I'm anemic/iron deficient, had 3 periods since May 3rd (currently on the 3rd one), went to get an ultrasound today so I can get to the source of this body drama...On week 3 of my Options class (Kaiser 12 weeks mandatory), I've lost almost 30 pounds since last September....so I thought I was doing great and now all of this body drama. Today, I honestly feel scared & confused. My stress levels have already been high, I'm thankful for this platform and staying encouraged via all of you and your strength.

I hope everyone who is recovering and preparing are in the best spirits. I'm reading and taking notes on everything being shared. I went to do my labs today, before my pre- op appt. on June 27th so the Bariatric team can get a realistic look at what we need to do to get me surgery ready. My A1C is back up to 5.8 from 5.3, I'm anemic/iron deficient, had 3 periods since May 3rd (currently on the 3rd one), went to get an ultrasound today so I can get to the source of this body drama...On week 3 of my Options class (Kaiser 12 weeks mandatory), I've lost almost 30 pounds since last September....so I thought I was doing great and now all of this body drama. Today, I honestly feel scared & confused. My stress levels have already been high, I'm thankful for this platform and staying encouraged via all of you and your strength.
That's no fun. I hope they can give you some answers soon. Do what you can to bring your stress down -- maybe that will help.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

17 hours ago, KareBear714 said:

Anyone have an suggestions for a savory liquid? I’m only on day one of the pre-op but I have a feeling I’m going to get tired of the sugary Protein Shakes.

Bone Broth made my life so much better lol