Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spanx.....anyone wear them? I have a question.....

Hi all....

Not sure if you know what I am talking about....they are called Spanx....they are the 21st century answer to a "girdle". A bit more lightweight....perhaps a cross between the girdle and support pantyhose (best I can describe). They have a few different versions of them....hi-wasted, brief, etc. One of the saleswomen at the store where I shop was telling me that she loves them and highly recommends them. Since they do not sell them there, I know she was not trying to make a sale! Anyway, I am considering purchasing the high wasted ones to go under a few outfits I want to wear to holiday events. But, I am concerned about them hurting me near my port. Is that a silly question? I wonder if they hold you in so much (which would be a great thing!) that it would make that area uncomfortable.

Anyone have any insights to share????

I have a pair of high-waisted ones, not the Spanxs brand but similar. I LOVE them, I like the feeling of support, and that it smooths out the mid-rif roll I have. Mine goes to up to my bra, and don't cause any discomfort at all.

I have a couple Spanx. Both are high waisted, one are the girdle type that comes down mid thigh and the other are tights which arent as thick. I love them both and have no problems with them bothering my port area.

I bought them tonight (since the first event I have to attend is next weekend) at Coldwater Creek. I bought the ones that go from under my bra to my knees. I will give you all a review after I wear them!! Thanks so much for all the info! From the info I received from the "general" board, Spanx at Steinmart cost the least. But, we do not have one on my end of town. With the price of gas, I didn't want to travel to the other end of town. I paid $26 for them. However, I spent over $100 in the store (can't help myself in that store) and they have a special giving $30 off of $100. So, with everything I bought...let's just say I got them for -$4!!!!

Got my fingers crossed that my "bargain" will get me into my formal attire! I have to attend an event for my DH. And, part of the deal when I had my surgery was that I would "show up" for his business events. For the past few years, as my weight ballooned, I had soooo many excuses as to why I could not attend all of the events that went along with his position. So, now, I have to hold up my end of the deal......! If spanx can help me adhere, I'll love them forever...........!!!

Spanx's are wonderful, I get mine at Lane Bryant. They offer a really smooth finish to your clothes without being tight and uncomfprtable. Does not bother my port at all.

I bought them tonight (since the first event I have to attend is next weekend) at Coldwater Creek. I bought the ones that go from under my bra to my knees. I will give you all a review after I wear them!! Thanks so much for all the info! From the info I received from the "general" board, Spanx at Steinmart cost the least. But, we do not have one on my end of town. With the price of gas, I didn't want to travel to the other end of town. I paid $26 for them. However, I spent over $100 in the store (can't help myself in that store) and they have a special giving $30 off of $100. So, with everything I bought...let's just say I got them for -$4!!!!

Got my fingers crossed that my "bargain" will get me into my formal attire! I have to attend an event for my DH. And, part of the deal when I had my surgery was that I would "show up" for his business events. For the past few years, as my weight ballooned, I had soooo many excuses as to why I could not attend all of the events that went along with his position. So, now, I have to hold up my end of the deal......! If spanx can help me adhere, I'll love them forever...........!!!

I like them, but the high waisted ones I find to be uncomfortable because they roll down on me....perhaps I'm too big to wear them, but I find that I'm pulling up the high waisted ones all the time and if I don't pull up the waist part continually to my bra I get a large roll of Spanx fabric around my waist.....

Friday on Oprah the designr of Spanx was on (Sarah Blakley?) she said the has a product under the Target label call Assets.

I checked and they are just like Spanx and are cheaper, they are at Target stores

I wear them all the time! They make you look 2 sizes smaller. They are really good if you are a pear shape and want your bottom to look smaller. I buy a kind called Hanes Body Enhancers No Hose Shapers. They are way cheaper than Spanx and I stock up by the caseload. They dont hurt your port. They are stretchy. They are a little tighter and thicker than the control top part of control top pantyhose. You have to try them to believe them. I have been wearing them for years. I look forward to when I get down to my goal wait so I don't have to wear them anymore to look good!!

Hi all....

Not sure if you know what I am talking about....they are called Spanx....they are the 21st century answer to a "girdle". A bit more lightweight....perhaps a cross between the girdle and support pantyhose (best I can describe). They have a few different versions of them....hi-wasted, brief, etc. One of the saleswomen at the store where I shop was telling me that she loves them and highly recommends them. Since they do not sell them there, I know she was not trying to make a sale! Anyway, I am considering purchasing the high wasted ones to go under a few outfits I want to wear to holiday events. But, I am concerned about them hurting me near my port. Is that a silly question? I wonder if they hold you in so much (which would be a great thing!) that it would make that area uncomfortable.

Anyone have any insights to share????

I love Spanx!!! I first tried them when I got married last Nov. I wore the nylon ones and also bought a pair of capris style leggings. They are so flattering. We ended up getting a pair for several girls coming to the wedding and everyone loved them!

I like them, but the high waisted ones I find to be uncomfortable because they roll down on me....perhaps I'm too big to wear them, but I find that I'm pulling up the high waisted ones all the time and if I don't pull up the waist part continually to my bra I get a large roll of Spanx fabric around my waist.....

That's what I'm worried about happening. Like with panty hose.

How do you know what size to buy?

I was looking at them in Fashion Bug tonight. Some are 1X, 2X, etc and some have numbers but not normal numbers like 18/20, 22/24. It was an after thought and I'd already been in the fitting room 4 times. I guess you just have to try them on, huh?

I didn't want to ask the skinny high school students working behind the counter.

Candle Im not sure which brand you were looking at but on the back of all Spanx products there is a chart. It shows you by using your height and weight which size would be right for you.