Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 1/8/2019 at 7:06 AM, Johnny B said:

Do it. You won’t regret it.

Thank you for your encouragement. Had a full Bypass on the 10th of January. Not easy at all. But I'm on the road to recovery and have lost 13lbs in 6 days.

On 01/16/2019 at 00:58, carolinafirefly said:

So, I guess you are my people. I'm having bypass on the 21st after spending the last year thinking I'd get VSG. Ah, curveballs. The last-minute change has made me a little unsettled, and I'm having so many second thoughts despite knowing that I really do need this surgery for multiple reasons now.

I saw a few of you scheduled for 1/21, too, but I don't know if any of you are getting RNY that day. Doesn't matter, you're all my surgery twins anyway.

Don't double think it I am 2 days post-op and so glad I did it. I have a great team that is taking of me. And that has made it a great experience my surgeon is the Best!

I just started two week pre-op today. My surgery is at the end of the month- 1/30. I feel like I am bringing up the tail end here since everyone else is already having surgery this month or just in a few days. Impatiently waiting LOL

Good luck to everyone this week and next! I'm sure in a few days I will be a hangry mess...today I will be fine because I am still full from all of the food I ate yesterday haha.....ugh

1 minute ago, melimel35089 said:

I just started my liquid diet today let’s see how it goes! Surgery 1/21 this coming Monday eek!

Good Luck. What are you having for your liquid diet? I am just having Protein Shakes, maybe a Protein Water depending if I get sick of shakes....and maybe broth if I feel the need. I can also have up to two cups of non starchy veggies if I want and need to take a Fiber supplement .

Just now, melimel35089 said:

Pretty much the same, I can have sf yogurt, Jello, creamy Soups, broth, I have Protein Water too and tons of Powerade and crystal light 😩 good luck to you too!

Oh yeah, i can have that stuff too- minus the creamy Soups. But I dont have any desire to have Jello or yogurt to be honest. I will save that for after. SF Popsicle too but it's cold as hell here....so I don't want anything cold. At least you only have to do a week :)

33 minutes ago, CurvyMom said:

I just started two week pre-op today. My surgery is at the end of the month- 1/30. I feel like I am bringing up the tail end here since everyone else is already having surgery this month or just in a few days. Impatiently waiting LOL

Good luck to everyone this week and next! I'm sure in a few days I will be a hangry mess...today I will be fine because I am still full from all of the food I ate yesterday haha.....ugh

You will be fine. I am on day 11 of my preop diet. It does get better each day. Keep your eye on the prize - a healthier you! Keep plenty of sf popsicles on hand too. That really helped me. My surgery is Monday. Getting excited and nervous!

All checked in, gowned and ready to go. Surgery should start in about 30... just waiting for them to come in now!!! See ya on the flip side. :)

1 hour ago, CurvyMom said:

Good Luck. What are you having for your liquid diet? I am just having Protein Shakes, maybe a Protein Water depending if I get sick of shakes....and maybe broth if I feel the need. I can also have up to two cups of non starchy veggies if I want and need to take a Fiber supplement .

My surgeon uses a different pre-op diet: 2 shakes/day, unlimited veggies, 3 oz. of meat/day, and very limited other things, so it's low carb by nature and totals less than 1000 calories/day most days. I started it a week early and have dropped 15 lbs so far and hope to drop a little more this week. For my 2 Protein Shakes, I'm usually having Amazon Elements Grass-Fed 100% whey Protein Isolate (vanilla) mixed with 2 tbsp PB2 and 1 tbsp cocoa and 8 ounces of almond milk (yum) for one shake and a "latte" made of chocolate equate Premier Protein knockoff mixed with 12 oz. of Decaf coffee for the other. I don't like most pre-made shakes, but I don't mind it in coffee for now. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy the Amazon brand Protein Powder, though, and I hope my tastes don't change much in that regard after surgery. I only bought it 'cause it was on sale and the ingredients look very similar to an expensive brand called Jay Robb that I've read a lot about.

I'm getting about 20 grams of natural fiber/day and STILL need a Fiber supplement. I'm not taking it, but I need it. Must be all the protein.

Edited by carolinafirefly
annoying misspelling

Just now, carolinafirefly said:

My surgeon uses a different pre-op diet: 2 shakes/day, unlimited veggies, 3 oz. of meat/day, and very limited other things, so it's low carb by nature and totals less than 1000 calories/day most days. I started it a week early and have dropped 15 lbs so far and hope to drop a little more this week. For my 2 Protein Shakes, I'm usually having Amazon Elements Grass-Fed 100% whey Protein Isolate (vanila) mixed with 2 tbsp PB2 and 1 tbsp cocoa and 8 ounces of almond milk (yum) for one shake and a "latte" made of chocolate equate Premier Protein knockoff mixed with 12 oz. of Decaf coffee for the other. I don't like most pre-made shakes, but I don't mind it in coffee for now. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy the Amazon brand Protein Powder, though, and I hope my tastes don't change much in that regard after surgery. I only bought it 'cause it was on sale and the ingredients look very similar to an expensive brand called Jay Robb that I've read a lot about.

I'm getting about 20 grams of natural fiber/day and STILL need a Fiber supplement. I'm not taking it, but I need it. Must be all the Protein.

This is a good preop diet if I have seen one...lots of options. I did somethign similar in the weeks up to this minus last week and it worked out well. I like the Orgain premade but only 20g of Protein and the premier premade. I need to find a good powder for post op to keep costs down a bit ....I may check out the amazon one you mentioned. Doesn't sound bad at all. I am still allowed regular coffee these two weeks so that makes me happy. I will obviously not have any the day of surgery or after until we are allowed it again but I am glad I can have it now.

1 minute ago, CurvyMom said:

I am still allowed regular coffee these two weeks so that makes me happy. I will obviously not have any the day of surgery or after until we are allowed it again but I am glad I can have it now.

I still have caffeinated coffee occasionally. We're allowed to have it up until surgery, but it was recommended to stop so you'd go through any withdrawals out of the hospital. I don't have withdrawals at all, so I really think I'm fine to just keep drinking it. Should probably save these Decaf k-cups for post-surgery.

Just now, carolinafirefly said:

I still have caffeinated coffee occasionally. We're allowed to have it up until surgery, but it was recommended to stop so you'd go through any withdrawals out of the hospital. I don't have withdrawals at all, so I really think I'm fine to just keep drinking it. Should probably save these Decaf k-cups for post-surgery.

I will probably get a headache from caffeine withdrawal but I think that will be the least of my worries. I cut back on the amount I drink- I'm down from an XL coffee to a Medium. But I know they said after you have to use cream or something like that and I drink my coffee black..so we shall see how that goes :(