Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

On 01/12/2019 at 20:53, Abbey M. said:

You need more salt. I felt that way the first day and called my doc. Thought I was getting dehydrated. Told me I wasn’t getting enough salt. Recommended a coffee mug with hot Water with 3 bullion cubes in it dissolved. Said we need 3-4 grams of sodium each day otherwise body doesn’t hold on to Water, messes with potassium etc. the next day first thing I did was drink a coffee mug full of 3 bullion cubes with a spoon and honesty have felt great everyday since. Lots of energy and no problems anymore :-)
Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind. Boullion cubes are rough but I’ll certainly give it a try. How long before you think we’ll start seeing the weight come off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha yes it is a small world ! I have heard so many good things about Dr. Noria too ! You are 4 months out from your RnY ? Did it go as you expected it to? Were you in a private room at OSU ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 01/12/2019 at 20:14, NewKimm said:

Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind. Boullion cubes are rough but I’ll certainly give it a try. How long before you think we’ll start seeing the weight come off?
I’ve already lost 17lbs since surgery day :-) 30lbs total from pre op diet until today :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations!! You have to be excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 01/12/2019 at 20:27, NewKimm said:



Congratulations!! You have to be excited.


Feeling really good! It’s only been 6 days since surgery. So far super easy and really motivating :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s awesome. I had surgery Thursday and came home yesterday. Haven’t gotten on the scale yet. I’m nervous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NewKimm said:

That’s awesome. I had surgery Thursday and came home yesterday. Haven’t gotten on the scale yet. I’m nervous.

I got sleeved on Tuesday and am down 9 pounds. I can tell that I'm a little swollen, though...I keep telling myself to put the scale away for a week or so until the swelling goes down, but I can't bend over well enough to pick it up 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, NewKimm said:
9 hours ago, Abbey M. said:

You need more salt. I felt that way the first day and called my doc. Thought I was getting dehydrated. Told me I wasn’t getting enough salt. Recommended a coffee mug with hot Water with 3 bullion cubes in it dissolved. Said we need 3-4 grams of sodium each day otherwise body doesn’t hold on to Water, messes with potassium etc. the next day first thing I did was drink a coffee mug full of 3 bullion cubes with a spoon and honesty have felt great everyday since. Lots of energy and no problems anymore 🙂

Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind. Boullion cubes are rough but I’ll certainly give it a try. How long before you think we’ll start seeing the weight come off?

Keep your sodium low, and increase your Protein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah my team actually says the opposite which makes sense if you think about it. Low sodium messes with your potassium and actually causes dehydration. You need 3-4grams of sodium a day. Worked wel for their patients.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm I wouldn't have thought so, but they ARE the EXPERTS, aren't they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m on day 3 post op. For those of you around the same, how much are you able to drink in a day? I don’t think I’m getting enough. I’m scared to drink/eat too much at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2019 at 5:41 PM, jessicaalyssa said:
On 1/6/2019 at 4:18 PM, Tiff-a-lea said:

Jessicaalyssa and HalfCourt. Where do you have yours done?

Kaiser Richmond in California. 😁

I am currently going through the process at Kaiser Richmond. Hope to get my date tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Luck now, A Good Surgery in the Future!😷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Leigh W said:

I’m on day 3 post op. For those of you around the same, how much are you able to drink in a day? I don’t think I’m getting enough. I’m scared to drink/eat too much at once.

Im three days post op too. yesterday I ate 3 popsicles, 20 ounces of Premier Protein, 10-15 ounces of chick fil a unsweetened tea mixed with diet lemonade. I haven’t met the 64 ounce goal but I’m trying. Just slowly sipping. No big gulps or drinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Leigh W said:

I’m on day 3 post op. For those of you around the same, how much are you able to drink in a day? I don’t think I’m getting enough. I’m scared to drink/eat too much at once.

I can get around 50-55 ounces of liquid, but I'm so bored of everything that I'm drinking that it slows me down 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • CurvyGirlJourney

      OMG! My time is quickly approaching! I can't believe in 5 days, my life will be changed forever (for the better!). I have thought about this surgery for years, but kept telling myself I didn't need it. Now that I can view it as a tool and not a solution, I realize I do need this tool. This tool will not only help me physically, but mentally as well!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • summerset

      On vacation for two weeks since yesterday. The weather? Ok, let's not talk about the weather... ☔️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • TatiFati

      Getting close - 196 lbs as of this week.  Goal is 195.  Actually, I'm thinking of adjusting my goal.  I'd like to get down to 185 to get rid of this scraggly belly jiggle, then try to build back up to 200 with muscle instead. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SunnyBunzz

      Down 35 1bs
      · 1 reply
      1. Candace76

        Awesome! 🥳

    • Balloon Girl

      I’m a complete novice on forums but I think my experience I’ve had so far following a gastric balloon insertion will be interesting to someone…
      I had my obera 365 inserted on 31/08/21.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×