Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Motivate Me

I am preband...I am seeing a nutritionist...and am changing my eating habits. I am NOT changing my physical habits. I know that I need to...I'm just unmotivated.

I have lost 11 pounds since my first consultation...and I know that I would lose so much more if I added the physical part in.

I make excuses...you know...the no time excuse.

Help me....what can I do...at home...that will get me moving???

OK.

When people say they have no time to exercise its not really true. I mean you have time to shower before work..time to clean your teeth things like that because you make time for it.

You can make time for exercise too. Think of exercise as something you just HAVE to do. I mean people HAVE to go to work and they accept that. Nobody wants to go to work but you just HAVE to. Same with exercise.

Aside from the fat losing benifits you are extending your life!..After about age 35-40 your muscles start to natually get lose and dissapear (depressing huh?) Well they will sag and dry up like prunes if you dont exercise them.....Your hear is a muscle! Eventually its going to fail..if you make it strong by exercising it is going to last waaaaaayyyyy longer!

If you dont exercise it most cardiologist KNOW its going to fail pretty soon after 40. But these days they can keep you alive with it failing by just drugging it along. I dont want that!

Start SLOW! Swim 20 mins...do the awesome C25K programe but do SOMETHING.

Hope this might help.

O and exercise produces long term results not short term. Exercise for 2 months and not much diff will be seen but exercise for a year and wow!

Listen to whosyadaddy, he knows what he's talking about...As far as workouts at home, simple. Put in an exercise video. Crank up some music and get a set of 3, 5, and 8lb weights and you will have a ton of exercises to do. Start with pushups, real pushups, not the girly ones. My trainer said if she ever caught me doing girly pushups, she'd crack my knee caps. Try 10, even it it takes 20 minutes to do. Walk up and down a hallway doing lunges. Get a jump rope. Get your bicycle out of the garage/basement, go around the neighborhood, start the couch to 5k program, all you'll need is a pair of good running shoes. It soo easy to make excuses, but really, there are soooo many things you could do just at home. Come join us at http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f81/november-exercise-44317/index7.html. We post daily about what exercises we've done, new exercise we're thinking of trying, etc.

O i have you soooo fooled.

Now see, I was trying to be nice and give you some props! Maybe I am fooled!:)

looks they way doesnt it. i cant hardly keep up. geez if i had to work i would have all kinds of trouble.

Sorry for taking over JowJow. but we realy do wanna encourage you.

o lunchtime:) yepeee

OK I'm laughing...you guys obviously have some history! I really appreciate the info. I know it has to be done...I will keep you updated.

Also...just to give you more info on me...maybe it will bring more advice. I am overweight...but I am more than capable fo doing things physically. I know there are many people that truly have physical limitations. That's not my case...it is truly just a motivation issue.

I have Tae Boe videos that have been collecting dust...what do you think of them?

i did Tae Bo once. they are pretty hard but good. I just cant do the whole video thing. Its a good place to get started. I am all about our YMCA.

Yeah at 205 u should be able to exercise pretty easily. Look at my fat a## on the treadmill but you just got to do it.

tae bo is awesome!!!! do that!!!! your arms will be all cut up from throwing all those jabs!!!!

just imagine your beating up your insurance companys president.

I was always trying to guess which one was his daughter on there. But he will spank your butt!

I just couldnt stand getting up in the morning and doing it in my underwear while the cat stared at me the whole time thinking 'what the HECK are you doing crazy human?'

But it did make me sweat. Go Billy go Billy.

Double time time now.. one ..two...three....four....

I just like to be in gyms where i can see everyone else suffering with me.

Thats true, if you have animals, they will look at you weird. My dog just cocks her head from side to side, like I'm crazy. And when I'm trying to do pushups or situps, she's sniffing my face, and won't stop, unless I lock her out of the room!