Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Motivate Me

You can do it! I've read (and don't know how true this is) it takes at least 3-6 months to make something a set habit. It will be work at first but soon exercise will be part of your daily routine!

I chose to give up a little sleep so that I could be certain I get my exercise in before work. Up at 430 am so I can do 45+ cardio minutes and then 3 days a week work with a trainer with weights. It makes a huge difference with the weight loss but more importantly, I swear all that crap they say about exercise giving you more energy and helping you to feel better- its true! I notice the difference if I go more than 1 day without a planned cardio activity.

If you are willing to put yourself through a surgery that has serious potential risks (even though the risks are small), exercise will help you get the most out of that investment in you

:)

I have just recently had to get myself excited about exercise again. I had become lazy and could not find any motivation. This site has helped me a great deal.

Has anyone ever tried turbo jam. It is really fun and helps me get a good variety with my workouts. Plus I am seeing more inches come off.

Another great book I found is the work out bible for women. It has different exercise levels and it keeps things interesting.

JowJow, I am having the same problem with motivation. I drop my son at school at 8am and by 11am I pick him up and wonder where the day has gone. I have good intentions everyday. I even get up and dress in work out clothes, but somehow I find other things to do other than exercising.

I just hate the thought of exercise. Just gotta do it though and change my whole attitude. My neighbor is starting to walk every morning, so I am going to start with her tomorrow. Walking with a friend is always easier, it seems.

I walked almost everyday (2 miles) before my surgery. now that im down 110 lbs I cant seem to get motivated. I have some doozies for excuses.

1. If I walk before I before I shower in the morning then I have to get

dressed twice. (OMG!!!) once for workout and once for work

2. If I shower before I work out then im all sweaty and Id be yucky for

work. (OMG AGAIN)

3. If I work out at night then Id have to shower at night and again in the

morning . (HELP!!!)

ANYway, When Im good and motivated , I cant find any good excuses it just comes easily. I do wish I could get there again. Im sure it would be so much easier to workout 100 lbs lighter. Ive never been a runner. I dont have proper technique and I cant seem to get it. Id love to be able to but I have bad chest pains when I do. I dont breathe right I think. Plus I have bad knees ,(Im sure due to being overweight forever).But I have speed walked for years.

I love walk away the pounds. and prevention has a tape out that I love. Its actually 30 minutes but It feels like 10. I think its called tone and something.

you go Andrea! Workout Jam? that sounds good, is there workout Peanut Butter? see how my head works?..its a mess in there:)

I've seen that mess! It ain't pretty....;)

oh thanks JM! Lol. My wife does walk away sometimes. She cant stand how peepy Lesile is at 6am though:)

I loved ou excuses! I think we have all said them.

I walked almost everyday (2 miles) before my surgery. now that im down 110 lbs I cant seem to get motivated. I have some doozies for excuses.

1. If I walk before I before I shower in the morning then I have to get

dressed twice. (OMG!!!) once for workout and once for work

2. If I shower before I work out then im all sweaty and Id be yucky for

work. (OMG AGAIN)

3. If I work out at night then Id have to shower at night and again in the

morning . (HELP!!!)

ANYway, When Im good and motivated , I cant find any good excuses it just comes easily. I do wish I could get there again. Im sure it would be so much easier to workout 100 lbs lighter. Ive never been a runner. I dont have proper technique and I cant seem to get it. Id love to be able to but I have bad chest pains when I do. I dont breathe right I think. Plus I have bad knees ,(Im sure due to being overweight forever).But I have speed walked for years.

I love walk away the pounds. and prevention has a tape out that I love. Its actually 30 minutes but It feels like 10. I think its called tone and something.

and excuses they are ...

1 - honestly, how long does it take to put a pair of workout pants/shorts, sports bra and shirt, socks and on? 3-4 mins tops?

2 - get out of bed, get dressed, go work out, shower. you dont have to look good when you work out, you just have to do it.

3 - why do you have to shower in the morning if you shower right before bed? maybe just wet your hair well and style...

im not trying to be bitchy, but really ... 99% of the successes on this board exercise. it not only helps with health, it helps mood as well.

you can do this!!

im not trying to be bitchy, but really ... 99% of the successes on this board exercise. it not only helps with health, it helps mood as well.

you can do this!!

Question, When does the scale MOVE? I have been so good since the day I got home from being banded, food & Exercisce wise.. Gave up my chips, martinis, cake & diet cokes ., and replaced with exercise 5/6 days a week. I was banded the same day as DH, so the house is completely swept of crap food / drink to avoid temtation of any kind. I bought us gym memberships last Feb when we decided to go with the band, and I didn't enter back until 4 wks out of surgery.

I'm getting a little frustrated with the damn scale not moving. I'm not starving, don't over eat, eat healthy high Protein 3 meals a day, drink more Water than a camel should need and I'm ready to SCREAM. Not going to give up, just like the motivation in the scale variety.

I go for my third fill next wk, maybe that will kick drive things? I recognize NSV in clothes / face etc.....just like to see the lbs start to fall off faster - How long did it take most of you exercising / dieting for the weight to melt away? Appreciate the feedback, off to the gym and the trainer from hell (thankfully he's cute:))

Lulu

Question, When does the scale MOVE? I have been so good since the day I got home from being banded, food & Exercisce wise.. Gave up my chips, martinis, cake & diet cokes ., and replaced with exercise 5/6 days a week. I was banded the same day as DH, so the house is completely swept of crap food / drink to avoid temtation of any kind. I bought us gym memberships last Feb when we decided to go with the band, and I didn't enter back until 4 wks out of surgery.

I'm getting a little frustrated with the damn scale not moving. I'm not starving, don't over eat, eat healthy high Protein 3 meals a day, drink more Water than a camel should need and I'm ready to SCREAM. Not going to give up, just like the motivation in the scale variety.

I go for my third fill next wk, maybe that will kick drive things? I recognize NSV in clothes / face etc.....just like to see the lbs start to fall off faster - How long did it take most of you exercising / dieting for the weight to melt away? Appreciate the feedback, off to the gym and the trainer from hell (thankfully he's cute:))

Lulu

lulu,

are you logging your food and exercise? i find when i dont log, i dont lose. i literally log everything that goes in my mouth - even if it is one Herhsey's kiss, one cracker, etc...

give me an few samples of what you eat, how hard and long do you work out? how many times a week do you REALLY break a sweat?

i was 402 pounds when i started, so the weight did come off fairly quickly in the beginning, but now it's a struggle. i am seeing the inches, but not the pounds..

dont discount NSVs!! those are my saving grace when i dont see the numbers on the scale move.

keep it up.

lulu,

are you logging your food and exercise? i find when i dont log, i dont lose. i literally log everything that goes in my mouth - even if it is one Herhsey's kiss, one cracker, etc...

give me an few samples of what you eat, how hard and long do you work out? how many times a week do you REALLY break a sweat?

i was 402 pounds when i started, so the weight did come off fairly quickly in the beginning, but now it's a struggle. i am seeing the inches, but not the pounds..

dont discount NSVs!! those are my saving grace when i dont see the numbers on the scale move.

keep it up.

LJM, Thanks for responding - I've' been a lurker of your progress and am quite impressed!

Yes I track my food & fitness daily in "Calorie Counter - Diet Tracking Online". Start with Food (last 2 days):

B - Black coffee / 1 scrambled egg

L - 2tbs tuna / 2tbs cottage cheese / 1/2c salad w/paul newman light vinegrette

S - Raw Almonds

D - 4oz baked talipia / 1/2c grilled squash/zucchini

B - Black coffee / 1/4c Kasha go Lean Crunch Cereal w/handful of blueberries / 1/4c 2% borden proten milk

L - Chick Fil A charbroiled chicken sandwhich - plain / no bun

S - Raw Walnuts

D - 1/2c Shrimp salad (shrimp grilled - on bed of lettuce) 1/4c fat free feta cheese / pn light vinegrette

As far as exercise, I started walking immediately after surgery working up to an 1hr a day (sometimes more). 4 wks ago I was cleared for weights and got a trainer. My work out goes like this:

4 or 5 days a wk - 20mins bike (high interval hills - level 5) / 20mins weights (3 sets upper & lower body on 5 diff machines for each u/l body) ... this will change every other week as the trainer mixes things up

1 day a wk (today and I'm DYING) is with the trainer....He's working on building my strenght with a lot of core routines. Sweat I do!

So that's it - , I know I feel better, sleep better, and am starting to "look" better ... I'm just an instant gratification person, and I know it took 6 yrs to put 70lbs on , I can't expect it to all come off in 2 1/2 months. I was just really interested when people started to really drop the lbs , is it the "sweet spot" everyone talks about?, the exercise?, When was it for you?

Thanks for the time,

Lu

Forgot one in my exercise - after 20mins of weights , I do 20mins of treadmill (speed 3 / 1.5 incline) to close it out...