Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much food/meal?

1/2 at cup at a time sounds about right. Remember 1/2 cup equals 8 TBSP. 2 TBSP could not possibly be enough. Unless your doctor is supplementing with the Protein Shake. My doctor reccommends that women take in 1600 to 2000 calories during the healing stage (first 6 weeks). It can be tapered back later.

This difference in recommended diets after surgery is bizarre!

I think my DR is more progressive than others. She told me to start with liquids and test the waters into mushies and solids whenever I felt like it. 1/2 cup maximum per sitting. I just took a bite and waited to see how it sat. If it didn't feel right I quit.

I just had my first fill Friday. I couldn't tolerate even yogurt for about 24 hours but then I was good to go with mushies.

BTW my ticker is wrong. As of today I've lost 24 1/2 lbs. I can't figure out how to change my ticker! DAH!!!

My Dr and the Bariatric Program here at OSF St Francis Medical Center is very clear on amounts after LBS. It states 2 or 3 ounces per meal with a 8 ounce Protein shake between Breakfast and lunch and one between lunch and dinner and Water or zero calorie liquid.< /p>

It also makes us measure everything and weigh everything. This is for the entire diet all the phases. Our dietician stated in class that we should never eat more than 4 ounce meals even after achieving our goal weight. When people start eating more is when the weight will begin to creep back up.

I have been eating strictly in this manner since my surgery and I have had NO hunger. I have head hunger at times when I thought oh that sounds so good. But no physical hunger at all. I love my band. I plan on sticking to exactly what the program requires.

My mentor who has 18 months post surgery went from a size 26 and she is now a size 8 and she followed the portions to the letter.

My surgical group has done 3,000 LBS surgeries and more Ren-Y surgeries than that and they follow their patients for the rest of their lives, I trust what they know and have learned and observed from their patients over the years.

I know every program has different crieria for their patients but I also have ready alot on the band and how it works and it is designed to keep our portions very small and that is forever.

Oops I almost forgot, The protien shakes should be taken out of the equasion after three months and only had once or twice a week.

Again, as I have stated in prior postings we should always follow our DR's programs. They have their own reasons for doing what they do.

This difference in recommended diets after surgery is bizarre!

I think my DR is more progressive than others. She told me to start with liquids and test the waters into mushies and solids whenever I felt like it. 1/2 cup maximum per sitting. I just took a bite and waited to see how it sat. If it didn't feel right I quit.

I just had my first fill Friday. I couldn't tolerate even yogurt for about 24 hours but then I was good to go with mushies.

BTW my ticker is wrong. As of today I've lost 24 1/2 lbs. I can't figure out how to change my ticker! DAH!!!

Double ckick on your ticker to go to the site and redo your stats, copy and then go to Edit Signature and copy it over the old one and save.

Kristin:

Your doctor sounds a lot like mine. I agree that there are different views out there but I specifically chose my doctor because I agreed with his philosophy. I almost decided against surgery after reading about the unpleasant details that people love to share on this board. My doctor believes that many of those incidents can be avoided by being more careful in adding foods and being conservative about adding Fluid to the band to give me time to adjust. I don't care if it takes me longer to lose weight if I can do it comfortably and know that it won't come back! In fact, I consider my band more of a maintenance tool than a weight-loss tool.

I understand that there are others who have a different view and I hope they found a compatible surgeon, too! :)

Kristin:

Your doctor sounds a lot like mine. I agree that there are different views out there but I specifically chose my doctor because I agreed with his philosophy. I almost decided against surgery after reading about the unpleasant details that people love to share on this board. My doctor believes that many of those incidents can be avoided by being more careful in adding foods and being conservative about adding Fluid to the band to give me time to adjust. I don't care if it takes me longer to lose weight if I can do it comfortably and know that it won't come back! In fact, I consider my band more of a maintenance tool than a weight-loss tool.

I understand that there are others who have a different view and I hope they found a compatible surgeon, too! :)

Longhorn:

That is exactly why I chose LBS over the Ren-Y procedure even though the latter would have given me pretty instant results in the long run I wanted the most healthy weight loss I could obtain. I did not want malabsorbtion issues for the rest of my life. I wanted to still be able to eat most anything I wanted too, just very small portions.

I am extremely happy with my band choice. I know this is a tool to help me achieve my goal. I know that I must put forth much effort if it is going to work for me.

I have seen folks in my local support group meeting who are two years out and only have lost minimal weight because they chose to eat around the band, by eating more than was told they should. They would say well I am eating a cup of this no matter what. Some still eat that way today. But their success has not been what they had hoped.

I am confident that over time the weight will come off and I will feel more healthy than I have in a very very long time. I am anxious to heal right now if I don't lose during the healing phase so be it. As soon as I get back to my Water work outs and Water aerobics classes I know I will see a dramatic change.

I too hope everyone has found a program and Surgeon and team that they feel comfortable in. I am glad that I chose one that follows me the rest of my life. My fills are also included. I can't believe these Dr's who are doing this surgery and not taking care of the band for the rest of their patients lives. I find that a bit unnerving to me.

The part I get stuck on is which part of the URL or HTML I copy and paste. I've tried all different parts of it, all of it ect and still it won't take. My sons computer genius friend put my ticker up the first time and I didn't pay attention to how he did it.

Any advise?

The part I get stuck on is which part of the URL or HTML I copy and paste. I've tried all different parts of it, all of it ect and still it won't take. My sons computer genius friend put my ticker up the first time and I didn't pay attention to how he did it.

Any advise?

After you create your ticker and the code is created, copy and paste the code in the top box to your signature box.

If you just edit the ticker, rather than create a new one, the new information will automatically be picked up -- you don't have to do anything to your signature.